RamBam92

I-751 January 2020 Filers(merged)

463 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline
On 12/2/2020 at 8:51 PM, Makala said:

Nebraska Service Center. Case was received on 01/06/20, finger prints applied on 07/15/20, received a notification on 11/23/20 that card was in production, 11/24/20 another notification that case was approved, and today received the 10 year green card, although I still haven’t received the approval notice yet. Good luck to those still waiting!!!!

Congrats....

Was it joint or Waiver application?

I filled my i751 in March with a vawa case,my first i751 was denied due to lack of Evidence but I filed a new one in march together with vawa,up till now I still haven't recieved a finger print notice for the i751,the vawa application said I do not need a fingerprint that they could use my previous fingerprint,please who else is a march 26th filler here

Hello all, 

i am January filler in Nebraska center. Just got notification on 12/3 that additional evidence has been requested. We sent a lot of paperwork except mortgage as the house that we live in was purchased by my husband prior to our relationship. Other than that we pretty much sent a lot of stuff that has been mentioned around on this website. At this point I have a feeling that it is because it has been almost a year so they just want to know if we are still together I guess. I have no idea what more to send. We did not take trips this year because of covid so I guess I will send new taxes and phone bill which we previously did not send because we have family plan and it only shows our numbers and not names. Other than that I am a little worried what else to find and send but hopefully they just want more evidence and maybe no interview? who knows. I hope this update helps other people. 

On 12/7/2020 at 4:54 AM, Bina3 said:

Hello all, 

i am January filler in Nebraska center. Just got notification on 12/3 that additional evidence has been requested. We sent a lot of paperwork except mortgage as the house that we live in was purchased by my husband prior to our relationship. Other than that we pretty much sent a lot of stuff that has been mentioned around on this website. At this point I have a feeling that it is because it has been almost a year so they just want to know if we are still together I guess. I have no idea what more to send. We did not take trips this year because of covid so I guess I will send new taxes and phone bill which we previously did not send because we have family plan and it only shows our numbers and not names. Other than that I am a little worried what else to find and send but hopefully they just want more evidence and maybe no interview? who knows. I hope this update helps other people. 

What evidence did you send them for living together? 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

We had our interview today in St. Louis, MO at 8am, status changed to new card being produced within 1 hour. Interview was very quick and just had us double check our names, date of birth, when did we meet and where. He also asked us to tell him about some of trips over the last few years.

Applying for citizenship this weekend!

Marriage: Oct. 22, 2016

I-130 Sent : Nov. 22, 2016

NOA1: Nov. 29, 2016 - Nebraska Service Center

NOA2: Oct. 16, 2017 - 321 days

Sent to NVC: Oct. 24, 2017

NVC received: Oct. 30, 2017

Case # and IIN obtained: Nov. 3, 2017

AOS fee paid: Nov. 4, 2017

IV fee paid: Nov. 7, 2017

AOS & IV packet sent: Nov. 23, 2017

Scan date: Nov. 28, 2017

CC: Jan. 8, 2018

Interview date: Feb. 22, 2018

Visa Issued: Mar. 1, 2018 

POE: Mar. 10, 2018

ROC:

I-751 Sent: Dec. 30, 2019

I-751 Received: Jan. 2, 2020

Text Received - Case Accepted (MSC): Jan. 9, 2020

NOA / Extension Letter Received: Jan. 11, 2020

Biometrics Appointment: Feb. 5, 2020

Case Ready for Interview: Oct. 21, 2020

Interview date: Dec. 22, 2020 - Approved

GC Received: Dec. 31, 2020

N-400:

Form submitted online: Jan. 1, 2021

Biometrics Appointment: Aug. 19, 2021

N-400 Interview: Jan. 20, 2022

Oath Ceremony: TBD

26 minutes ago, melusine10 said:

We had our interview today in St. Louis, MO at 8am, status changed to new card being produced within 1 hour. Interview was very quick and just had us double check our names, date of birth, when did we meet and where. He also asked us to tell him about some of trips over the last few years.

Congrats! Which service center? 

Edit: nvm, you had an interview, so you were likely MSC. Congrats on the quick approval! 

Edited by Orangesapples

2 hours ago, melusine10 said:

I got approved last week. Could you keep us posted on your case status in terms of green card delivery?

N400 Timeline, 5 year rule

FO: Washington DC (Fairfax, VA)

2/9/23 Sent application by Mail

2/13/23 USCIS Received

2/16/23 USCIS NOA1 date and sent the mail

2/16/23 USCIS NOA2 and sent mail with online access code

2/18/23 USCIS Scheduled for bio appointment and sent letter

2/24/23 Received NOA1 and NOA2 in the mail

2/25/23 Received Bio appointment letter in the mail

3/9/23  Bio Appointment

3/9/23 Online Update: Case is actively reviewed by USCIS

7/20/23 Case placed in queue for an interview to be scheduled

7/26/23 Interview Scheduled

9/1/23 Interview, decision cannot be made

9/7/23 Recommended for approval; Oath ceremony will be scheduled

9/8/23 Oath ceremony scheduled

9/22/23 Oath Ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
2 hours ago, aperson said:

I got approved last week. Could you keep us posted on your case status in terms of green card delivery?

Will do! With so many delays currently with the USPS I'm not holding my breath lol

Marriage: Oct. 22, 2016

I-130 Sent : Nov. 22, 2016

NOA1: Nov. 29, 2016 - Nebraska Service Center

NOA2: Oct. 16, 2017 - 321 days

Sent to NVC: Oct. 24, 2017

NVC received: Oct. 30, 2017

Case # and IIN obtained: Nov. 3, 2017

AOS fee paid: Nov. 4, 2017

IV fee paid: Nov. 7, 2017

AOS & IV packet sent: Nov. 23, 2017

Scan date: Nov. 28, 2017

CC: Jan. 8, 2018

Interview date: Feb. 22, 2018

Visa Issued: Mar. 1, 2018 

POE: Mar. 10, 2018

ROC:

I-751 Sent: Dec. 30, 2019

I-751 Received: Jan. 2, 2020

Text Received - Case Accepted (MSC): Jan. 9, 2020

NOA / Extension Letter Received: Jan. 11, 2020

Biometrics Appointment: Feb. 5, 2020

Case Ready for Interview: Oct. 21, 2020

Interview date: Dec. 22, 2020 - Approved

GC Received: Dec. 31, 2020

N-400:

Form submitted online: Jan. 1, 2021

Biometrics Appointment: Aug. 19, 2021

N-400 Interview: Jan. 20, 2022

Oath Ceremony: TBD

I just checked and apparently my case has been transferred and a new office has jurisdiction. No idea where it's transferred to. I am a K1, had an interview for AOS and my current service center is California. I hope it hasn't been transferred for an interview because Santa Ana (my local office) seems to be very slow. I'm wondering whether it might be a good idea to apply for cut now. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, Orangesapples said:

I just checked and apparently my case has been transferred and a new office has jurisdiction. No idea where it's transferred to. I am a K1, had an interview for AOS and my current service center is California. I hope it hasn't been transferred for an interview because Santa Ana (my local office) seems to be very slow. I'm wondering whether it might be a good idea to apply for cut now. 

What does "cut" stand for?

Our WAC case was also transferred to a new office. We received two emails, actually: one last night and one this morning. The wording was a little different on each message, but they both essentially said the same thing: our case was transferred to another USCIS office and that office now has jurisdiction. No information on where it was transferred, though it says we should receive something in the mail that explains why they moved our case. The notification also states our case is now in Initial Review. Our online case status has been updated with the same information.

This is the first update we've received since we received our NOA back in January -- we're just happy to see some progress.

Edited by steelbot

Removal of Conditions

01/12/20 Mailed I-751 petition to USCIS (Phoenix, AZ)

01/15/20 Petition delivered to USCIS

01/23/20 Check posted

01/25/20 Received NOA in the mail (WAC)

12/22/20 Received email that case was transferred to another USCIS office and is now in Initial Review

12/31/20 Received NOA in the mail that our case was transferred to another USCIS office (National Benefits Center)

06/14/21 Received email that card had been ordered

06/14/21 Received email that fingerprints had been applied

06/15/21 Received email that I-751 had been approved

06/17/21 Received physical approval letter from USCIS Los Angeles County Field Office

06/18/21 Received physical approval letter from National Benefits Center

06/19/21 Received physical Green Card via Priority Mail

1 hour ago, steelbot said:

What does "cut" stand for?

Our WAC case was also transferred to a new office. We received two emails, actually: one last night and one this morning. The wording was a little different on each message, but they both essentially said the same thing: our case was transferred to another USCIS office and that office now has jurisdiction. No information on where it was transferred, though it says we should receive something in the mail that explains why they moved our case. The notification also states our case is now in Initial Review. Our online case status has been updated with the same information.

This is the first update we've received since we received our NOA back in January -- we're just happy to see some progress.

Omg, cut is what my phone corrected to when I tried to type naturalization😂

Same here! I didn't get an email but I got two notifications on my app, one dated 22nd and one dated 23rd and, just like yours, they had slightly different wording. My status doesn't say initial review though. I got a "fingerprints applied" status update in September. 

Can you fill in your timeline? Are you also a K1? 

It looks like they're moving a bunch of cases from California to hopefully a less backlogged service center. I'd say I'm leaning towards no interviews maybe but we'll have to wait and see. I will update on here when I get my letter. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Haha -- way to go, autocorrect.

The emails say "Your Case Status: Initial Review", but the exact phrase "Initial Review" isn't used anywhere on our online status at egov.uscis.gov. However, the online status includes similar language to what was included in the notification emails about the case being assigned to an officer for review.

I've filled in the RoC portion of my timeline -- there isn't too much information as we still haven't received a notice for biometrics (no appointment scheduled, no mention of fingerprints being applied). The email we received last night says we can expect to receive a biometrics appointment notice, so maybe that's on its way as well. My wife was on an H-1B.

We were guessing the move was to relieve backlog on the California service center as well -- hopefully the upcoming paper notice will include more information.

Edited by steelbot

Removal of Conditions

01/12/20 Mailed I-751 petition to USCIS (Phoenix, AZ)

01/15/20 Petition delivered to USCIS

01/23/20 Check posted

01/25/20 Received NOA in the mail (WAC)

12/22/20 Received email that case was transferred to another USCIS office and is now in Initial Review

12/31/20 Received NOA in the mail that our case was transferred to another USCIS office (National Benefits Center)

06/14/21 Received email that card had been ordered

06/14/21 Received email that fingerprints had been applied

06/15/21 Received email that I-751 had been approved

06/17/21 Received physical approval letter from USCIS Los Angeles County Field Office

06/18/21 Received physical approval letter from National Benefits Center

06/19/21 Received physical Green Card via Priority Mail

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 12/23/2020 at 7:42 PM, Asiula said:

Does anyone from the Potomac Service Center get any update ?

Potomac Service Center seems to be the slowest now. Have not heard anything also. I sent my document in January and had my biometrics done before the lockdown.

Applied for naturalization yesterday! The I751 is still at status "Ready to be scheduled for an intterview'. 
I'm hoping for a double interview, but not certain that'll happen. What would the odds be? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.