RamBam92

I-751 January 2020 Filers(merged)

463 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Só I got my biometrics appointment letter today, I live in NY, have an EAC case number but on the service center box on top of the letter it says VSC, does that mean my case is getting transferred for interview to Vermont or it’s showing that because of geographic location? Thanks

Hi everyone 

i am soo nervous since I heard the new law is in effect from 24 of feb and I am so confused if anyone can help me out.

i am going to file I-751 to renew my green card and remove condition which is expiring in 2 months.and I was getting fedelis market place insurance and section 8 program.am I going to effect ?? Does that rule apply on me too????

Filed: Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, URr97 said:

Hi everyone 

i am soo nervous since I heard the new law is in effect from 24 of feb and I am so confused if anyone can help me out.

i am going to file I-751 to renew my green card and remove condition which is expiring in 2 months.and I was getting fedelis market place insurance and section 8 program.am I going to effect ?? Does that rule apply on me too????

I dont think new rule affects i 751 but you are not suppose to use public benefits (section 8 housing) for 5 yrs after you became green card holder. Looks like this is exactly government wants to stop happening. 

On 2/18/2020 at 1:45 AM, Orangesapples said:

You can send it anytime between when your 90-day window opens and when your card expires. Just don't mail it early, even a day too early and they will return it. It happened to someone on this thread. And of course, don't be late. 

I heard someone who got an entensuin to file the i751. So their m GC expires last year n now they will be submitting the form n doc. So what is that extension? 

Timeline
22 hours ago, Noor881 said:

I heard someone who got an entensuin to file the i751. So their m GC expires last year n now they will be submitting the form n doc. So what is that extension? 

Never heard of it but someone here may have a different opinion.

7 hours ago, cd37 said:

Never heard of it but someone here may have a different opinion.

But he didn’t apply within the 90 day window. I wonder what he did then 

Timeline
17 hours ago, Noor881 said:

But he didn’t apply within the 90 day window. I wonder what he did then 

Well he just didnt apply within 90 days and applied late, that doesnt mean he got an extension from uscis. There is no such thing as extention.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just completed my biometrics this morning. 8 AM appointment time, was 9th in line, out by 8:35am at the Buffalo office.

I also have an EAC# but the biometrics letter shows VSC now @rickyminator 

K1 Visa                                                                                                                AOS                                                                                ROC

Feb 23/17 -  NOA1  ··· July  07/17 - NOA2                                                      Nov 14/17 Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765                         Jan 26/20 Mailed I-751 

Aug 07/17 -  at NVC ···  Aug 09/17 -  Case # Assigned                                Nov 16 & 20/17 - NOA's                                              Jan 30/20 - NOA

Aug 10/17 - Consulate Rec ···  Aug 12+14/17 - Packet 3/4                        Dec 20/18 Biometrics Appt                                     Mar 02/20 Biometrics Appt 

Aug 28/17 - Medical ···  Sep 27/17 - Interview Approved!                           Jan 25/18 - EAD/AP Approved                                 Oct 14/20 New Card Being Produced Approved!   

Oct 02/17 - Visa In Hand ···  Oct 22/17 -  POE · Peace Bridge                     Feb 01/18 - EAD/AP Card Received                         Oct 21/20 - New Card Received

Nov 01/17 - Married!                                                                                           Mar 13/18 - AOS Interview Approved!                     ??? ??/21 - ...N400?

Mar 21/18 -  Green Card Received

On 2/28/2020 at 10:38 PM, cd37 said:

Well he just didnt apply within 90 days and applied late, that doesnt mean he got an extension from uscis. There is no such thing as extention.

Okay, thanks. One more thing. So when you file the i751 are you provided with a new receipt number to check status on you case like you guys are posting the timelines here or do we use the receipt number we received when initially file the i130

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
5 hours ago, Noor881 said:

Okay, thanks. One more thing. So when you file the i751 are you provided with a new receipt number to check status on you case like you guys are posting the timelines here or do we use the receipt number we received when initially file the i130

You will get a new receipt number.

3 hours ago, jakelake said:

You will get a new receipt number.

Can USCIS provide us with the new receipt number if we call them? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
7 hours ago, Noor881 said:

Can USCIS provide us with the new receipt number if we call them? 

Have you filed the I-751 yet? If so, wait a few weeks to get the new receipt number.

If you have not received confirmation 2 or 3 weeks after filing, then contact USCIS.

Hi, just curious....has anyone done their biometrics but NOT recieve an extension letter? We got the letter for biometrics and we comoleted that, but we never got an extension letter? The person who took finger prints said it should come, but I thought you get it before biometrics? Any guidance?

Edited by Shenlon

5 hours ago, Shenlon said:

Hi, just curious....has anyone done their biometrics but NOT recieve an extension letter? We got the letter for biometrics and we comoleted that, but we never got an extension letter? The person who took finger prints said it should come, but I thought you get it before biometrics? Any guidance?

Something is wrong here, you should definitely contact USCIS. What does your online status say? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.