2,317 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
16 minutes ago, sree_yash said:

At this point, why would any one want to immigrate to the US from Germany, putting yourself through all these  immigration stress is beyond me .

That’s a very strange comment I don’t quite understand. I went through all this because the US became my second home. I have people here and a life I care for very much. Being a citizen is a final step to feel like I can feel home fully. 
i also kept my German citizenship because I now have two homes.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
47 minutes ago, msdynamite said:

That’s a very strange comment I don’t quite understand. I went through all this because the US became my second home. I have people here and a life I care for very much. Being a citizen is a final step to feel like I can feel home fully. 

I’m German and I do understand what @sree_yash means 🤣 that doesn’t exclude the US from being one of my two homes.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Quarknase said:

I’m German and I do understand what @sree_yash means 🤣 that doesn’t exclude the US from being one of my two homes.

Well then don’t immigrate to this country if it’s beyond y’all ;) I’m happy I did it despite all the stress. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
7 minutes ago, msdynamite said:

Well then don’t immigrate to this country if it’s beyond y’all ;) I’m happy I did it despite all the stress. 

Haha not everything is black and white. As I said the US is my second home. Yet I get the comment - during the past 4 years more than ever before.

it’s all love, both countries have their pro’s and con’s 😉

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

A spammed question has been removed (OP has own thread), along with a reply.  Please post a query only once, because spamming is a serious Terms of Service violation.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

18 hours ago, msdynamite said:

I understand Everyone has their own reason. I was just looking from a different perspective. Because Europe is far ahead in terms of universal healthcare, social security & human rights than USA. 

Filed: Other Timeline
4 hours ago, sree_yash said:

I understand Everyone has their own reason. I was just looking from a different perspective. Because Europe is far ahead in terms of universal healthcare, social security & human rights than USA. 

Universal healthcare and social security; no one can argue those two. But human rights, no way and not even close especially with immigration/citizenship in addition to many others. It is strange that you would question the motives of someone who wants to have two homes just because Germany is their first home. We are a culture of welcoming ALL immigrants including Germans if that's what he/she wants to do.

If you question the rights in Europe VS the US, then you need to look at the main reasons of why many families of European origin immigrated to this country early on of the history of this nation! It is to look for better life and human rights... Just read a little more before starting to make such comments to educate yourself. Welcome to America!

Edited by aa1979

23 hours ago, msdynamite said:

Please do not mind such comments as stated above.  Welcome to America and please make it your home by all means!

2 hours ago, aa1979 said:

Universal healthcare and social security; no one can argue those two. But human rights, no way and not even close especially with immigration/citizenship in addition to many others. It is strange that you would question the motives of someone who wants to have two homes just because Germany is their first home. We are a culture of welcoming ALL immigrants including Germans if that's what he/she wants to do.

If you question the rights in Europe VS the US, then you need to look at the main reasons of why many families of European origin immigrated to this country early on of the history of this nation! It is to look for better life and human rights... Just read a little more before starting to make such comments to educate yourself. Welcome to America!

I’m not questioning the motive of anyone, Jeez!! 
you’re talking about immigration that happened ages ago from these countries. So much has changed in the US since. Europe & European citizens has way much better standard of living than Americans. I asked that question from that perspective. 

further during my oath ceremony, i didn’t see any new citizens from Europe or from any of the developed world. They were mostly from Africa, some from Asia. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, aa1979 said:

Please do not mind such comments as stated above.  Welcome to America and please make it your home by all means!

No worries I’m not offended..I just couldn’t understand the comment. I’m well aware of the advances in Germany..lived there most my life :) but I’m also given freedoms over here job wise that I couldn’t achieve back home. I’m tired of being questioned at the check stations by the border (I work close to Mexico a lot) every time I work there, I’ve been given worse rates for loans because of missing citizenship, I’d like to be able to vote and just overall not having to deal with USCIS ever again after this was worth it. So everyone can do as they please ..I’m super happy about my dual citizenship! 
btw I still have health insurance

in Germany..once a year I go home and get all doc appointments done ;)

Edited by msdynamite

1 hour ago, sree_yash said:

I’m not questioning the motive of anyone, Jeez!! 
you’re talking about immigration that happened ages ago from these countries. So much has changed in the US since. Europe & European citizens has way much better standard of living than Americans. I asked that question from that perspective. 

further during my oath ceremony, i didn’t see any new citizens from Europe or from any of the developed world. They were mostly from Africa, some from Asia. 

Just because you did not see new citizens from Europe immediately around you that does not mean it is not happening. It continues to happen normally to this day and there is no unstrange question about that.  It is not limited to Europeans and that's the beauty of diversity. Diversity is real, true and very strong!

While you are entitled to your set of opinions, I love our standards and diversity here by far! I feel many people share that opinion with me as well on this land.  The possibilities in this nation are unlike any other ones and they are limitless in its goodness. You don't see that, that's fine!  But, maybe you will one day... and I am glad for being a citizen of this country as opposed to any where else in the world.

37 minutes ago, aa1979 said:

Just because you did not see new citizens from Europe immediately around you that does not mean it is not happening. It continues to happen normally to this day and there is no unstrange question about that.  It is not limited to Europeans and that's the beauty of diversity. Diversity is real, true and very strong!

While you are entitled to your set of opinions, I love our standards and diversity here by far! I feel many people share that opinion with me as well on this land.  The possibilities in this nation are unlike any other ones and they are limitless in its goodness. You don't see that, that's fine!  But, maybe you will one day... and I am glad for being a citizen of this country as opposed to any where else in the world.

Exactly. You’re entitled to your opinion & I’m entitled to mine. 

as for the limitless goodness part, we can agree to disagree again. Either you’re oblivious to what’s been happening since the past 4 years & again this year in November or you prefer to overlook it. That’s upto you. However i agree with you about the possibilities this land has to offer.  

it’s just my opinion that ( after having travelled widely - 22 countries including Europe ) US is far behind when you consider the metrics used to compare most developed countries. Of course, if you compare US with non developed  countries then US is any day better than them for living. 

Edited by sree_yash

31 minutes ago, sree_yash said:

Exactly. You’re entitled to your opinion & I’m entitled to mine. 

as for the limitless goodness part, we can agree to disagree again. Either you’re oblivious to what’s been happening since the past 4 years & again this year in November or you prefer to overlook it. That’s upto you. However i agree with you about the possibilities this land has to offer.  

it’s just my opinion that ( after having travelled widely - 22 countries including Europe ) US is far behind when you consider the metrics used to compare most developed countries. Of course, if you compare US with non developed  countries then US is any day better than them for living. 

And since you have been around 22 countries including Europe, and you think we are here far behind, why did you end up immigrating here or on this website? Maybe these other countries won't take you so now you are only left with a terrible nation like ours here (which is only better than 3rd world countries in your opinion)? That's a joke, but a terrible one that you are throwing out there!!! The past four years are not the standard and we proved that we self-improve and self-clean ourselves!

Edited by aa1979

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
24 minutes ago, aa1979 said:

Question for those people who had their interviewed scheduled, how long after their website started saying that they "are taking longer than usual" time did you actually get the update that you have been scheduled for an interview?

wow after reading some intresting conversation finally immigration related question. To answer your question no depends which month your field office is processing applications for Chicago jus started doing January 2020 interviews, before that it was we are taking longer than usual.

Edited by Fahad86

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.