2,317 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, msdynamite said:

I just had my interview and it was rough. I passed all the civics questions, but the officer didn’t seem to be happy from the second I walked in there. She grilled me on my divorce for a long time and said she would have to go thru my entire file again before she can make a decision on my approval or denial. Back to the waiting game it is. I’m so bummed. 

What was her problem with your divorce? How long have you been married?

Edited by Minimets

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Minimets said:

What was her problem with your divorce? How long have you been married?

I was married over three years and my unconditional greencard was approved with the divorce so I was surprised that she had an issue with it.

Timeline

Does anybody here know what happens if they deny my application? If they believe I married for the greencard and deny it based on that will I loose my greencard too?

Timeline

Ok nevermind..my status just changed to “oath ceremony will be scheduled” 😅 they had me all stressed out already..jeez

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
42 minutes ago, msdynamite said:

Ok nevermind..my status just changed to “oath ceremony will be scheduled” 😅 they had me all stressed out already..jeez

Oh boy. At least that decision came quickly.

Congrats!

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

Oh boy. At least that decision came quickly.

Congrats!

Thank you 😁 I just went through all emotions possible in the last two hours. How stressful immigration is.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, msdynamite said:

Thank you 😁 I just went through all emotions possible in the last two hours. How stressful immigration is.

Soon you'll be done with it for good! Are you keeping your German Citizenship? The Beibehaltungsgenehmigung was the reason why I couldn't apply earlier, when I became eligible. I was too afraid to suddenly get scheduled for interview/oath and not have that certificate in hand :D  Now I'm here, looking at a 12-20 months wait with my backlogged field office. Ugh...

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

Soon you'll be done with it for good! Are you keeping your German Citizenship? The Beibehaltungsgenehmigung was the reason why I couldn't apply earlier, when I became eligible. I was too afraid to suddenly get scheduled for interview/oath and not have that certificate in hand :D  Now I'm here, looking at a 12-20 months wait with my backlogged field office. Ugh...

Yes I am. I had applied for the BBG last year and luckily everything timed out just right. The status change only appeared on the case tracker app so far..it’s always been faster than the USCIS website. So I’m hoping it’s not a glitch..i can’t wait for this to be over. 

Filed: Other Timeline
1 hour ago, msdynamite said:

Yes I am. I had applied for the BBG last year and luckily everything timed out just right. The status change only appeared on the case tracker app so far..it’s always been faster than the USCIS website. So I’m hoping it’s not a glitch..i can’t wait for this to be over. 

Congrats for the approval... Do you remember the questions she asked you for civics, reading, and writing? Let's see what they ask when they are upset with someone's file.

4 hours ago, msdynamite said:

I just had my interview and it was rough. I passed all the civics questions, but the officer didn’t seem to be happy from the second I walked in there. She grilled me on my divorce for a long time and said she would have to go thru my entire file again before she can make a decision on my approval or denial. Back to the waiting game it is. I’m so bummed. 

Wow I am so sorry that this happend to you. Why was she asking you about your divorce? Did u apply as 3 year rule and maybe thatd why?

I dont like female IO at all. I was praying not to get female IO, lucky it was a handsome guy😊

01/14/2020 - filed N400 Miami FL

01/18/2020 - NOA Biometric scheduled 

02/05/2020 - Biometrics done 

03/13/2020 - Interview scheduled - canceled due Covid19

08/19/2020 - Interview 

08/27/2020 - OATH Ceremony MIAMI FL 

Done with USCIS  !!!! Good luck everyone!

Timeline

Congrats!  Fellow German here (with BBG in hand). Waiting for February to come around. 

One thing I never understood with the BBG. Once you got US Citizenship, that document is not really relevant anymore, right? Like. it expires after 2 years, but there's nothing else that needs to be done with it after attaining the US citizenship, right? 

[01/17/2014] I-130, I-485, I-765 sent off to Chicago

[01/21/2014] (Day 01) Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

[01/27/2014] (Day 06) NOA1 confirmation txts + emails - Case files transferred to USCIS National Benefits Center

[01/30/2014] (Day 09) NOA1 hard copies in the mail

[02/03/2014] (Day 13) Biometrics Appointment letter for 02/19/2014

[02/04/2014] (Day 14) Biometrics Walk-In successful in Oakland

[02/10/2014] (Day 20) I-485 Status changed to "Testing and Interview"

[02/15/2014] (Day 25) NOA: Interview Date: 03/18/2014

[03/18/2014] (Day 57) Interview in SF; Online Status "Card in Production"

[03/27/2014] (Day 66) Green Card in the mail

2 hours ago, msdynamite said:

Oh great! Thats awesome! CONGRATULATIONS👏🥂🍾🍀

01/14/2020 - filed N400 Miami FL

01/18/2020 - NOA Biometric scheduled 

02/05/2020 - Biometrics done 

03/13/2020 - Interview scheduled - canceled due Covid19

08/19/2020 - Interview 

08/27/2020 - OATH Ceremony MIAMI FL 

Done with USCIS  !!!! Good luck everyone!

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Wurstbrot_Royal said:

Congrats!  Fellow German here (with BBG in hand). Waiting for February to come around. 

One thing I never understood with the BBG. Once you got US Citizenship, that document is not really relevant anymore, right? Like. it expires after 2 years, but there's nothing else that needs to be done with it after attaining the US citizenship, right? 

Theoretically you don't need it, but practically I think they could request to see if when you apply for a new German passport, etc. When I went to pick it up the consular advised me to keep it in a safe place and make copies, because it's my only proof that I did not lose my German Citizenship when accepting the American (if it ever comes to that, looking at processing times lol)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

Hey there everyone, 

January 2020 filer here as well. I was wondering if we have anyone from New Jersey area to get interview notices? I filed on Jan 24th and my biometrics was taken in February 11. 

Thanks, 

Iroda

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.