Chi2019

K1- Photo Album Returned

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Benin
Timeline

I personally wouldn't resend the pictures back just yet... They may or may not be matched up with your application... I would wait to see if you get an RFE and send if they need it.... 

Waiting On My Love... 

Noa1 06/04/19

Noa 2 08/24/19 

NVC Received: On my Bday 09/20 

Sent to Embassy: Oct 1st 

Embassy Received: Oct 8th 

Interview Scheduled: Nov 13th!!!!!!!!

Interview Re-scheduled: Nov 15th 

CEAC Shows Issued: Nov 19th 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
3 hours ago, ShayShayyy said:

I personally wouldn't resend the pictures back just yet... They may or may not be matched up with your application... I would wait to see if you get an RFE and send if they need it.... 

Agree ! ^^

If you re-send your photos in without a RFE reference letter and number the likelihood is very small that your photos will get matched up with your other paperwork .:no: That is like trying to match up two very small needles from two very, very large haystacks.  You should wait and see if they send you an RFE and resubmit at that time. :yes:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

I do agree that Lagos might need a little more umph (frontloading) than Manila to get a K1 approved at the embassy level))). People were a little hard on you here (the VJ way). I'm sure people have sent far worse than a photo album. I am surprised they sent ti back. You must have got a good-hearted adjudicator or file clerk. Good luck the rest of the way.

Edited by boris64

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

4 hours ago, ShayShayyy said:

They may or may not be matched up with your application... I would wait to see if you get an RFE and send if they need it.... 

They do not send RFEs for "couple photos" for the K-1.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
19 minutes ago, boris64 said:

I do agree that Lagos might need a little more umph (frontloading) than Manila to get a K1 approved at the embassy level))). People were a little hard on you here (the VJ way). I'm sure people have sent far worse than a photo album. I am surprised they sent ti back. You must have got a good-hearted adjudicator or file clerk. Good luck the rest of the way.

We went through Guangzhou, which like Lagos, is not exactly a walk in the park, as like Manila. Yes, we did front-load our petition, and it did include photos, but not in some photo album format. We printed about 10 (total), two/sheet, on plain copy paper...done. 

Search the forums, there have been reports of folks sending in fancy scrapbooks loaded with photos, boarding passes, etc. After USCIS ripped the scrapbooks apart, they mailed the entire mess back to the applicant(s), refusing to accept the aftermath. KISS. :yes:

Happy Holidays !!!

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

8 minutes ago, Pitaya said:

We went through Guangzhou, which like Lagos, is not exactly a walk in the park, as like Manila. Yes, we did front-load our petition, and it did include photos, but not in some photo album format. We printed about 10 (total), two/sheet, on plain copy paper...done. 

Search the forums, there have been reports of folks sending in fancy scrapbooks loaded with photos, boarding passes, etc. After USCIS ripped the scrapbooks apart, they mailed the entire mess back to the applicant(s), refusing to accept the aftermath. KISS. :yes:

Happy Holidays !!!

I think we sent 10 also. Printed on two pages. I agree with KISS but some people just get so excited and or anxious that they can't help themselves. Happy Holidays to you, too)

Edited by boris64

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 12/17/2019 at 2:38 PM, Chi2019 said:

Hi All,

I wonder if there is anyone that has experienced this issue before. My petitioner filed for K1 and she submitted to USCIS and included an Album with our Pictures to show proof of on- going relationship. Today we received a letter in the box stating

" We are returning an item sent in support of your application /Petition , as it is a format we cannot place in your file folder for review by an officer during the adjudication process".

The Photo Album was returned ,  other other documents retained.

My question is :

1. Do we need to take off the Pictures from the Album and resend to USCIS or ?

Suggestions are welcomed.

Please i attached the letter received.

LETTER FROM USCIS.pdf 295.4 kB · 14 downloads

Our case we sent few (about 15) pictures that we printed out from Walgreens and put them in one blind (paper cover), they didn't return it and I can say it saved time/helped during the interview because the prove that I took to the interview the CO didn't ask for it, he brought those pictures and asked me where few were taken and people in those pictures with us. After the interview he returned those 15 pictures to me, my suggestion you can mail it to them and still add it them to prove of ongoing relationship during interview. 

Edited by Temi & Obim

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
23 hours ago, Chi2019 said:

@Hank Thanks for your response. We have stamps entry and exit, Flight tickets and boarden passes. Pictures sent is just an addition. We would resend the Pictures without an Album.

Not unless USCIS requested them

Picture are NOT necessary

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.