pknick

Best way to bring step daughter to US who is unmarried and 18 living in another country

42 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi, I need help on what is the best route to bring my step daughter who is 18 to US. Her mom came on K1 visa, she was approved for K2 at that time but she plan to join us later.

So now my wife who is in AOS process (stepdaughter mom) wants to bring her to US. Can anyone suggest best route to do that? Im US Citizen and wants to apply to her right away. My step daughter plan to come in April of the next year on Visitor Visa if not. 

Pl suggest

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
34 minutes ago, pknick said:

Hi, I need help on what is the best route to bring my step daughter who is 18 to US. Her mom came on K1 visa, she was approved for K2 at that time but she plan to join us later.

So now my wife who is in AOS process (stepdaughter mom) wants to bring her to US. Can anyone suggest best route to do that? Im US Citizen and wants to apply to her right away. My step daughter plan to come in April of the next year on Visitor Visa if not. 

Pl suggest

I believe you can petition for her through i130 as the stepparent.

34 minutes ago, pknick said:

Pl suggest

When did your wife come here to the USA? 

Follow the steps at the link below and you should be fine

Just now, Gsanon said:

This depends on how long ago that his wife has been here in the USA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Does she have a visitor visa? K2 Fri looks very tight.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

55 minutes ago, pknick said:

My step daughter plan to come in April of the next year on Visitor Visa if not. 

Hopefully you mean for just a visit?  Because there is obviously immigrant intent.

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

When did your wife come here to the USA? 

Follow the steps at the link below and you should be fine

This depends on how long ago that his wife has been here in the USA

She is here in April 2019 but she got her K1 Visa in Dec 2018 and my step daughter was approved for K2 Visa also but she didnt accompany my current wife (her mom) to US. But we want to apply her the VISA or green card so that she can join us. Since I htought it is lot of process she wanted to visit now ... She was 17 when we got married. 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Does she have a visitor visa? K2 Fri looks very tight.

She had K2 Visa but that was in Issued inn December 2018 but she didnt comme that time. 

9 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Hopefully you mean for just a visit?  Because there is obviously immigrant intent.

Though it is for visit now but I see ur point on intention... ultimately we want to apply for her green card

2 minutes ago, pknick said:

She had K2 Visa but that was in Issued inn December 2018 but she didnt comme that time. 

Ok, well more than likely that visa isn't valid anymore. What was the expiration date on that visa? If the expiration date has come and gone then the only thing you can do is for you to follow the guide below: 

Edited by Cyberfx1024

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Gsanon said:

How long is these days for I-130 approval

Timeline
1 minute ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Ok, well more than likely that visa isn't valid anymore. What was the expiration date on that visa?

I believe it was until Jun 2019

Timeline
1 minute ago, Jorgedig said:

So does she already have a B1/B2?

No I plan to apply but want to see whats the best way for her to come and stay with us in the future.  Didnt want to mess her chances to stay with us

1 minute ago, pknick said:

I believe it was until Jun 2019

So you will have to start a new petition for the stepdaughter.

Just now, pknick said:

No I plan to apply but want to see whats the best way for her to come and stay with us in the future.  Didnt want to mess her chances to stay with us

She won't be getting a B visa with a mother in the US and immigrant intent.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Jorgedig said:

So you will have to start a new petition for the stepdaughter.

She won't be getting a B visa with a mother in the US and immigrant intent.

I believe and realize now and thanks for catching the red flag. When U say new petition ..did u mean I-130 and any...?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.