3,047 posts in this topic

Timeline

Hello members,

Hope everyone is holding up well.

If possible, kindly help with my questions below.

My attorney has recently filed AOS for my 13 yr old son and me based on approved vawa. My application was accepted and we received receipt. However my son’s application was rejected citing that he doesn’t have a basis for AOS although he is mentioned on the vawa approval as a beneficiary. My attorney resent my son’s application highlighting the facts and this time it was accepted and we rcvd receipt notices as well. There’s 1 month gap in the notice dates for my son’s and my application.

Now the questions - 

- Would my son’s application and my application be treated separately resulting in 2 interviews?

- Is there a way my attorney can request that we both have interviews at the same time?

- Can anyone provide a realistic estimate of the wait time  for interviews in Dallas, TX please? 

Thank you!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, Nadou said:

I just checked my USCIS status online that’s what I found . Is it an approval? What means new card is produced? 

237D268E-6836-40A9-B98C-FFD6387BBA1B.jpeg

@Nadou Big congratulations to you .,,, if you don’t mind to share your timeline pls do share thanks

10 minutes ago, Modu said:

@Nadou Big congratulations to you .,,, if you don’t mind to share your timeline pls do share thanks

Thanks you very much modu My lawyer filed i360 i485 and i797 by the end of February 2018

03/18/18 receipt date for i360

05/04/18 receipt date for i485 and fees waived

05/10/18 1st prima facie

05/13/2018 fingerprints taken and case in process

09/15/2018 work authorization 

12/15/2018 2nd prima facie

09/17/2019 RFE ( divorce for primary marriage to be translated)

09/29/2019 RFE sent

10/17/2019  RFE received

12/10/2019 new card is being produced 

I m wondering what’s gonna be next and in how long time may I expect an interview my PD for i485 is May 07/2018 and am located in San Francisco ca

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, Nadou said:

Thanks you very much modu My lawyer filed i360 i485 and i797 by the end of February 2018

03/18/18 receipt date for i360

05/04/18 receipt date for i485 and fees waived

05/10/18 1st prima facie

05/13/2018 fingerprints taken and case in process

09/15/2018 work authorization 

12/15/2018 2nd prima facie

09/17/2019 RFE ( divorce for primary marriage to be translated)

09/29/2019 RFE sent

10/17/2019  RFE received

12/10/2019 new card is being produced 

I m wondering what’s gonna be next and in how long time may I expect an interview my PD for i485 is May 07/2018 and am located in San Francisco ca

@Nadou oh woahhhh San Francisco is a nice place and it’s quick in San Francisco give it abt 4 to 5 months there about

For those who are waiting for Work Permit renewal. I sent my 3rd renewal and they received it 10/25/2019 and today I got a “new card is being produced” message. They processed my work permit and parole in less then 20 days!!!!

In other hands, my vawa still to be approved lol

12 minutes ago, Poupis said:

For those who are waiting for Work Permit renewal. I sent my 3rd renewal and they received it 10/25/2019 and today I got a “new card is being produced” message. They processed my work permit and parole in less then 20 days!!!!

Oh wow! Yours gotta be the quickest I've seen on here..congrats! I pray they remember to apply same speed to your i360!😀🙏

4 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Oh wow! Yours gotta be the quickest I've seen on here..congrats! I pray they remember to apply same speed to your i360!😀🙏

thank you!

I just saw I received an email yesterday from my congressman and they forwarded the email from USCIS saying that I’m under background check 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

2 minutes ago, Poupis said:

thank you!

I just saw I received an email yesterday from my congressman and they forwarded the email from USCIS saying that I’m under background check 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

Oh ok! That background check..I hope it goes fast..looks like that's what's been delaying some people's case here..just keep been positive..before you know it..APPROVAL!😀👍

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
12 hours ago, Texas Girl said:

Hello members,

Hope everyone is holding up well.

If possible, kindly help with my questions below.

My attorney has recently filed AOS for my 13 yr old son and me based on approved vawa. My application was accepted and we received receipt. However my son’s application was rejected citing that he doesn’t have a basis for AOS although he is mentioned on the vawa approval as a beneficiary. My attorney resent my son’s application highlighting the facts and this time it was accepted and we rcvd receipt notices as well. There’s 1 month gap in the notice dates for my son’s and my application.

Now the questions - 

- Would my son’s application and my application be treated separately resulting in 2 interviews?

- Is there a way my attorney can request that we both have interviews at the same time?

- Can anyone provide a realistic estimate of the wait time  for interviews in Dallas, TX please? 

Thank you!

Most likely Uscis will schedule 2 interviews , but your son interview CANNOT be prior to your interview because you have to be approved first in order for them to approve your son green card, but i had cases they had the interview together. 

8 hours ago, Nadou said:

Thanks you very much sweetheart. Do you have an idea when can I expect a notice for approval and in how long time I may have an interview my priority date for 485 is May 7/2018

Well approval notice usually comes within few weeks. I got my c31 card on Nov 13th and I still am waiting for my approval notice yet

2 hours ago, Poupis said:

thats amazing. They approved my renewal within 3 weeks as well 🙂 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.