8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Me and my husband filed for my AOS a little over two weeks ago. Yesterday we FINALLY received the text saying our case was received and that we will get I-797 in our mail soon. However, when I put our receipt number into myUSCIS it only shows that I’ve filed the I-765 (employment authorization). It doesn’t show the actual AOS not the AP. Has anyone had the same experience? I’ve checked back every couple of hours or so but it doesn’t change. I’ve also tried calling USCIS but it’s just an endless loop of recorded messages. I’ll submit a picture of what it looks like:

BA65F5CD-D11C-485A-AF3D-D913CBCAFF7F.jpeg

Edited by sandraannie

1 hour ago, sandraannie said:

Me and my husband filed for my AOS a little over two weeks ago. Yesterday we FINALLY received the text saying our case was received and that we will get I-797 in our mail soon. However, when I put our receipt number into myUSCIS it only shows that I’ve filed the I-765 (employment authorization). It doesn’t show the actual AOS not the AP. Has anyone had the same experience? I’ve checked back every couple of hours or so but it doesn’t change. I’ve also tried calling USCIS but it’s just an endless loop of recorded messages. I’ll submit a picture of what it looks like:

BA65F5CD-D11C-485A-AF3D-D913CBCAFF7F.jpeg

Each application has a case number. Did you type in all the case numbers? 

Timeline
35 minutes ago, Zach2015 said:

Each application has a case number. Did you type in all the case numbers? 

Thank you for your reply! We only received one text with one case number. I assumed the application would be treated in its entirety, not form by form. Either way I’m glad the EAD is the fastest, that’s what I’m most eager to get. Beyond ready to get to work! (This might be a double reply, my last reply doesn’t show in the thread for me)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
13 minutes ago, sandraannie said:

Thank you for your reply! We only received one text with one case number. I assumed the application would be treated in its entirety, not form by form. Either way I’m glad the EAD is the fastest, that’s what I’m most eager to get. Beyond ready to get to work! (This might be a double reply, my last reply doesn’t show in the thread for me)

One case for each application 

YMMV

11 minutes ago, sandraannie said:

That can be normal. I think the texts for us came like 24 hours after the first one. Did you fill the text notification form for each application? Because if you didn’t, sometimes that can also be the reason for not getting each case number. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, jcracked52 said:

That (newer) site does not update (atleast for me). My cases update on the other (older) egov site but not on newer one. Just FYI.. On that newer one all my cases still says "received" but cases are updating on egov.uscis.gov site. 

Not unusual, the various USCIS reported sites are not always the fastest apps to be updated. Your timeline is vacant, :time:, it makes it easier to determine where you are in your immigration process. Additionally, your data helps give relevance to the VJ stats.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

Thank you for all the replies! There’s nothing that reassures me in this process quite like my fellow VJ’ers!😊

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.