Kind regards

Lucky you! I submitted on 1st of November and still waiting

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
7 hours ago, Muffinji said:

Just to let those waiting here to know 

Where the NVC is reviewing right now.

submitted

Nov 3rd, 2019 and got RFE/ invalid document today for not having the I-864EZ dated in ink.

I think my husband printed the date and only had his signature in ink. Their exact message was ‘please sign and date this by hand in part 6 and replace this form’ but my civil documents were all accepted. 
yes I know it’s in the instructions but apparently my husband missed it... 

It’s a little upsetting but I kinda forgot to check his forms before he submitted so... I guess I’m partially at fault... 

will get him to replace the document today after work and resubmit then another wait for review again 😂😂😂 

I feel like strangling (jokingly) husband for this silly RFE -again- which should not happen had he properly read instructions before submitting the form. It’s happened before with the I-130 where we got RFE because he didn’t send in EMPTY pages - although instructions in filing clearly says send in all. 😂😂😂 

- but he is probably upset and feeling bad enough... so I’ll just chill. 

but yes for the rest of you, NVC is reviewing documents submitted around nov 3rd ;) 

I was originally hoping for DQ before Christmas but this probably sets us back another month at least so... back in the waiting game 😂😂

That's weird, it doesn't say that in the i-864 instructions PDF file.

I typed the date and just signed in black ink.

I submitted December 8 i don't want to resubmit now and reset the clock in my case.

Any body got DQ had typed the date or all of you guys who got DQ put the date physically in black ink ??

DQ people, please advice 

Screenshot_20191219-155651_Drive.jpg

Edited by George George

28 minutes ago, George George said:

That's weird, it doesn't say that in the i-864 instructions PDF file.

I typed the date and just signed in black ink.

I submitted December 8 i don't want to resubmit now and reset the clock in my case.

Any body got DQ had typed the date or all of you guys who got DQ put the date physically in black ink ??

DQ people, please advice 

Screenshot_20191219-155651_Drive.jpg

Dosent say it in the instructions for I-864EZ either... just signature.. is it possible he forgot to Date it all together? 

6C806AD6-64AA-451D-9E19-C16A2DB84C10.jpeg

Edited by Duke & Marie

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Duke & Marie said:

Dosent say it in the instructions for I-864EZ either... just signature.. is it possible he forgot to Date it all together? 

6C806AD6-64AA-451D-9E19-C16A2DB84C10.jpeg

Have no idea, but now i checked it's written in the quick tips on USCIS, i skipped the quick tips and decided to read the whole 17 pages of instructions so i make sure i do everything perfect. So annoying that they have it on the quick tips and don't have it in the main instructions file 😡

Screenshot_20191219-163751_Chrome.jpg

Edited by George George

7 hours ago, Caresse33 said:

Thank you for this, my husband doesnt believe me. He is convinced that he only needed his e-signature. We’ll just have to wait and see. Thank you again

Hi... also hi @Muffinji I’m not sure where you saw signature and date must be in ink... but the actual instructions for I-864EZ show below for part 6, state must be signed and dated.... and that stamped or typed signatures will not be accepted... nothing about typed date.. if this is the case, why is the date field able to be typed in and not blocked from doing so like other sections within the form? 

If ink date is required I may too get an RFE to fix, because we typed.. is it possible your husband didn’t date it at all?

3003D05E-7F6E-41BD-8AA1-3767E80BE1FE.jpeg

AOS Journey

• NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021

@George George

see I stopped looking at USCIS information once moving onto DOS... I-864EZ is a DOS form... it’s their instructions for filing forms etc that should apply not USCIS quick tips... by rights if the documents instructions don’t stipulate it, as a requirement, they shouldn’t really issue an RFE.. 

it will truely suck suck if I get an RFE because of this. 

AOS Journey

• NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.