Sarge2155

December 2019 I-129F (K1) Filers

1,802 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

I just wonder what happened to:- " We generally process petitions in the order we receive them".

How come January is being processed when folks from first week of December haven't heard anything?

They do "begin" the process with first in. Once they go to background checks then that procedural process is timed based on several factors some of which are criminal activity, international travel, country, nationality, employment etc. They are outlined in my PDF on the NOA1 thread for your reading enjoyment. :D Sorry it was left off of December's post. 

Earlier post that I made on this subject to answer the "Why" question.

I know it really sucks, but the best way to get through this is to lower your expectations and try not to compare your timeline to anyone else's. Don't forget that the people here on Visa Journey represent a tiny percentage of all the petitions the CSC must work through! When someone gets to your file you'll hear from them. Stay busy, talk a lot with your fiancé about non-visa stuff, don't forget to hang out with your friends, take up a new hobby, go to a sporting event, and your time will come! Good luck

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

1 minute ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

@Sarge2155  I have seen your timeline and I understand how you have been patient and how much it has paid off....but sometimes the process just defeats all logic.....there has to be an order to how they process these applications and why it takes forever for some and just 80 days for some January filers

Trust me I know but you can't  beat yourself over the head about it. You got this soon it'll  be done. I've  seen many  folks come and go who filed months after me,  but you just have to grit your teeth and drive on.  Don't  lose it that does no good.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

They do "begin" the process with first in. Once they go to background checks then that procedural process is timed based on several factors some of which are criminal activity, international travel, country, nationality, employment etc. They are outlined in my PDF on the NOA1 thread for your reading enjoyment. :D

Thank you @Greenbaum I know these things but sometimes one just needs to rant to remain sane...these process combined with what is going on around the world is killing...we can go visit...we dont know when we will go visit...we dont hear anything from USCIS ....so we are basically seating docks

Edited by Sparkle Sparkle

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Trust me I know but you can't  beat yourself over the head about it. You got this soon it'll  be done. I've  seen many  folks come and go who filed months after me,  but you just have to grit your teeth and drive on.  Don't  lose it that does no good.

Thank you for your words....just that these things have a way of putting pressure on relationships. The thing about long distance relationship is that it must have an expiry date when we can be together forever. 

@Sparkle Sparkle each of the processes can take a long time and some can be short. Nine months to a visa. Green card was 4 months, no interview. We waited 426 days to get our GC lifted conditions, with no interview. Naturalization was fast at less than three months. The processing times are all over the place. It's worse than going to Las Vegas. Keep the faith. This will be over, and you will be with him come Christmas. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
1 minute ago, Greenbaum said:

@Sparkle Sparkle each of the processes can take a long time and some can be short. Nine months to a visa. Green card was 4 months, no interview. We waited 426 days to get our GC lifted conditions, with no interview. Naturalization was fast at less than three months. The processing times are all over the place. It's worse than going to Las Vegas. Keep the faith. This will be over, and you will be with him come Christmas. 

Thank you ....almost in tears...your words are so comforting

5 minutes ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

Thank you ....almost in tears...your words are so comforting

And many say I don't have a "soft" side. :rofl:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

32 minutes ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

Thank you for your words....just that these things have a way of putting pressure on relationships. The thing about long distance relationship is that it must have an expiry date when we can be together forever. 

Anything  worth having close to your heart is worth fighting for. I know you got this, to far to turn back or give up now. Pull your chin up dig deeper you'll find the courage!!!!

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline

@Sarge2155 and @Greenbaum You two might not know it or believe in God...but the truth is that you both are angels in disguise....you offer your time and resources to guild total strangers through this tough journey. Well I believe in God and God will bless you both....and Angels will appear in your lives in every way at all the point of your needs.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

Anything  worth having close to your heart is worth fighting for. I know you got this, to far to turn back or give up now. Pull your chin up dig deeper you'll find the courage!!!!

2 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

You two are truly pulling out the big guns with these beautiful words. Very inspirational ❤️

9 minutes ago, Britney868 said:

You two are truly pulling out the big guns with these beautiful words. Very inspirational ❤️

Cause we care!

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

@Sparkle Sparkle you will get through, I know. I’m waiting with you so you’re not by yourself. Please hang in there. Don’t be discouraged please. Have faith, focus on something other than this process. We’re all here for you. We can meet in Huntsville if you need a hug 😆 ❤️❤️.. be strong sis❤️

2 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Cause we care!

It shows ❤️❤️🙏🏽🙏🏽

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Britney868 said:

@Sparkle Sparkle you will get through, I know. I’m waiting with you so you’re not by yourself. Please hang in there. Don’t be discouraged please. Have faith, focus on something other than this process. We’re all here for you. We can meet in Huntsville if you need a hug 😆 ❤️❤️.. be strong sis❤️

It shows ❤️❤️🙏🏽🙏🏽

Thank you, you such a sweetheart.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Lots of drama going on in here, lol. The way I see it: if we get approved today, we'll still be delayed for the embassy process due to the shutdown. If we get approved in three months, it probably would be about the same overall timeline as if we were approved today, assuming this virus clears up in the near future. 

I agree with @Greenbaum. I used to work for a government agency, where massive numbers of background checks had to be performed manually. Papers get shuffled, some analysts are faster than others, and some background checks require different processes to be completed. They're not just a stack of background checks in chronological order, each analyst picking from the top. Lots of variables.

Patience, patience, patience, patience, patience, patience.

Timeline
29 minutes ago, BadAmmoWitch said:

Lots of drama going on in here, lol. The way I see it: if we get approved today, we'll still be delayed for the embassy process due to the shutdown. If we get approved in three months, it probably would be about the same overall timeline as if we were approved today, assuming this virus clears up in the near future. 

I agree with @Greenbaum. I used to work for a government agency, where massive numbers of background checks had to be performed manually. Papers get shuffled, some analysts are faster than others, and some background checks require different processes to be completed. They're not just a stack of background checks in chronological order, each analyst picking from the top. Lots of variables.

Patience, patience, patience, patience, patience, patience.

Thank you very much, I guess we all waiting together.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.