daniel4310

N-400 Dec 2019 Filers

2,200 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, ajafarzadeh said:

My USPS informed delivery email showed a USCIS letter arriving today, so I checked the portal. Under 'Documents', there was a new one from 8/28 - 'Your interview has been de-scheduled'.

I have seen this with others. It is because they overbooked the day and must follow social distance guidelines so they cancel with intent to reschedule....cancelation happens last in, first out. Don't be deterred by this... you'll get another appointment sooner than you think!

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

My interview at Jacksonville did not go well, the officer was rude, he did not understand why I had lived in 3 states during the past 5 years and also why I had studied and worked in the United Kingdom at Oxford.

How did the day go?

I arrived at USCIS Jacksonville at 11:15, the appointment was at 12:30. I wanted to make sure I did not miss the appointment (I feared traffic, a road accident, thunderstorms etc). The door to the building is locked but the nice security guard said I could only come in 10 minutes before, at 12:20. There are no benches to sit on. while waiting, I was practising the 100 questions. I met the lovely Erica from this forum in person. At 12:20, the security guard came out and ordered all the people to sit on the X's outside. I had a hand sanitizer with me, so I was ordered to throw it away far from the building. They let one person in every 5 minutes.

I was in at 12:29, got the P25 ticket. There is a large waiting room of a capacity of 115 people, but most of the seats are blocked. I was called in at a window at 13:05. I was placed under oath. The officer was older and skinny. He spent the first 10 minutes looking through every page of my passports (the new one and the expired one), which was so weird. Then the civics questions asked were:

1. What is the supreme law of the land?
2. When was the Constitution written?
3. When do we celebrate Independence Day?
4. What are two liberties in the Declaration of Independence?
5. What are the two major parties in the US?
6. What are two rights all Americans enjoy?

He spoke softly, he was wearing a mask and was behind a screen. So I asked him to please speak louder.

The reading question was "Who was George Washington?", which I had to read from a tablet in front of me. The writing question was "George Washington was the first President." I wrote it on the same tablet using a stylet.

After passing these, the mean interrogation started, asking for all of my past addresses and the dates. When I was replying "October 209", he was saying " I want the specific date". Who remembers specific dates from 12 years ago ?!

He did not want to see any of my supporting documents, saying that I would have the opportunity
to submit them when he would send me the request for evidence in 2-3 weeks and that he did not have any more time to spend with me.

I'm so sad and disappointed, I will not get to vote in November, I can not join the Navy as an officer, my path forward is blocked. All the horror stories I read about USCIS on the forums unfortunately came true for me.

22 hours ago, Ultimatejourney said:

That makes a lot of sense, thanks for the input! 👍😊

I'll stick to the truthful facts and should they ask further to elaborate I'll keep prepared all the evidence to demonstrate that nothing is outstanding. 

For those that have gone through the interview process, how often do they ask this question I wonder, like a rough % would be good to know. 

Other than that I need to keep practicing for the rest of the questions and keep my application handy. 

For others who mentioned their estimated time disappeared, I noticed mine did the same thing and before I knew it, I got a text message that my case was updated, I did check if my local uscis office was reopened as well and it did by the end of July. Hang in there! ❤️

I think they will most definitely ask you if you owe taxes. They did to me. That’s one of the important ‘yes’ or ‘no’ questions you have to answer in the app form.

1 hour ago, soso723 said:

My interview at Jacksonville did not go well, the officer was rude, he did not understand why I had lived in 3 states during the past 5 years and also why I had studied and worked in the United Kingdom at Oxford.

How did the day go?

I arrived at USCIS Jacksonville at 11:15, the appointment was at 12:30. I wanted to make sure I did not miss the appointment (I feared traffic, a road accident, thunderstorms etc). The door to the building is locked but the nice security guard said I could only come in 10 minutes before, at 12:20. There are no benches to sit on. while waiting, I was practising the 100 questions. I met the lovely Erica from this forum in person. At 12:20, the security guard came out and ordered all the people to sit on the X's outside. I had a hand sanitizer with me, so I was ordered to throw it away far from the building. They let one person in every 5 minutes.

I was in at 12:29, got the P25 ticket. There is a large waiting room of a capacity of 115 people, but most of the seats are blocked. I was called in at a window at 13:05. I was placed under oath. The officer was older and skinny. He spent the first 10 minutes looking through every page of my passports (the new one and the expired one), which was so weird. Then the civics questions asked were:

He spoke softly, he was wearing a mask and was behind a screen. So I asked him to please speak louder.

The reading question was "Who was George Washington?", which I had to read from a tablet in front of me. The writing question was "George Washington was the first President." I wrote it on the same tablet using a stylet.

After passing these, the mean interrogation started, asking for all of my past addresses and the dates. When I was replying "October 209", he was saying " I want the specific date". Who remembers specific dates from 12 years ago ?!

He did not want to see any of my supporting documents, saying that I would have the opportunity
to submit them when he would send me the request for evidence in 2-3 weeks and that he did not have any more time to spend with me.

I'm so sad and disappointed, I will not get to vote in November, I can not join the Navy as an officer, my path forward is blocked. All the horror stories I read about USCIS on the forums unfortunately came true for me.

Sorry to hear that. When I did my, the lady was nice, I actually didn’t even remember my trips abroad and I had to correct myself like 3 times, in the writing test I even misspelled a word,  I didn’t even remember my phone #, but she was not mean. It sounds like things work different where you are because my interview was in the lady’s office. I was face to face with her. I think once you send in the supporting documents, you will be fine, I think the OI just wants to cover his bases.

1 hour ago, Chaka Quaker said:

I think they will most definitely ask you if you owe taxes. They did to me. That’s one of the important ‘yes’ or ‘no’ questions you have to answer in the app form.

Oh I see, thanks so much for confirming again must have been a relief to be done with it! 

In that case I'll just be very succinct with my answer seeing that it's a frequently asked question. 

2 hours ago, soso723 said:

How did the day go?

Truly sorry to hear! Hang in there and see what you get with the RFE and you can be thorough when you send that information back. Could it be that they make up their minds before this interview. With the interview just being a formality and a test of your memory lol

8 minutes ago, Unidentified said:

I'm a little annoyed with USCIS. They have scheduled my interview for October 13. October 13 is the last day to register to vote in Virginia. 

I hope they can do same day Oath. 

N400

11.06.2019...........Application Submitted Online
11.16.2019............Receive Biometrics Letter in mail
11.29.2019............Biometrics done
08.17.2020............Interview Scheduled

09.21.2020............Interview, approved

09.22.2020............Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 minute ago, Valor said:

I hope they can do same day Oath. 

I hope so too. So then I would get a certificate right away? Really keeping my fingers crossed for that and I am kind of hoping that is why they scheduled me before 8 am. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Unidentified said:

I hope so too. So then I would get a certificate right away? Really keeping my fingers crossed for that and I am kind of hoping that is why they scheduled me before 8 am. 

My wife was scheduled at 3:30 pm and still got the Oath on same day. I'm guessing it's just based on how the office feels that day. 

3 minutes ago, Unidentified said:

Yea I know some offices are doing that. There hasn't been any posts about interview experiences in the DC office lately. But I heard some people who got interviewed before got their Oath scheduled pretty quickly(couple days to a week later), so I think it's possible they might start doing the same day Oath. 

2 minutes ago, nwolfe90 said:

My wife was scheduled at 3:30 pm and still got the Oath on same day. I'm guessing it's just based on how the office feels that day. 

Is your wife's local office in Fairfax? 

N400

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
2 minutes ago, nwolfe90 said:

Oh I'm sure they are able to do same day Oath if later. I was just thinking since it's before 8am I would have plenty of time to run over and register to vote and deal with all if that stuff. 

1 minute ago, Valor said:

Yea I know some offices are doing that. There hasn't been any posts about interview experiences in the DC office lately. But I heard some people who got interviewed before got their Oath scheduled pretty quickly(couple days to a week later), so I think it's possible they might start doing the same day Oath. 

I'll keep an eye on over in the DC thread. Fingers crossed and thank you for keeping my hopes up about voting this election!

2 minutes ago, Unidentified said:

Oh I'm sure they are able to do same day Oath if later. I was just thinking since it's before 8am I would have plenty of time to run over and register to vote and deal with all if that stuff. 

I'll keep an eye on over in the DC thread. Fingers crossed and thank you for keeping my hopes up about voting this election!

I have my interview in two weeks and will post back on how it goes. 

Edited by Valor
N400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.