Project_Harajuku

Chances for B1/B2 Renewal

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

So my mom has a pretty good history of traveling to the US and she’s gotten approved for the tourist visa twice. The last time she travelled however was 2004. What are her chances of getting approved this time around? I know chances are usually higher for renewals but I’m still a bit scared that they won’t approve her because she doesn’t have a ton of ties. She’s retired but does a bit of Part time work for extra money. My husband and I mostly support her financially but she also has a pension. She’s from Jamaica if that makes a difference. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Sort of intrigued where Japan comes into it. Anyway it is not a chance based process, well if she does not apply then 0%.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

2 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Sort of intrigued where Japan comes into it. 

As someone who once ended up with Somalia instead of South Africa, I can almost certainly tell you it’s finger trouble on the dropdown box..

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Sort of intrigued where Japan comes into it. Anyway it is not a chance based process, well if she does not apply then 0%.

When I applied for the K-1 visa I was living in Japan 

1 hour ago, SusieQQQ said:

As someone who once ended up with Somalia instead of South Africa, I can almost certainly tell you it’s finger trouble on the dropdown box..

Also explains why we have so many timelines with Armenia as the country.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Some sites have the common choices first.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

She’s more than welcome to apply- no one here can say for sure if she’ll be granted one. As you know string ties to home are extremely important and her being older, being supported by you financially with you in the US may be a hinderance but definitely apply. 

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Timeline
1 hour ago, Luckycuds said:

She’s more than welcome to apply- no one here can say for sure if she’ll be granted one. As you know string ties to home are extremely important and her being older, being supported by you financially with you in the US may be a hinderance but definitely apply. 

You’re right thank you. I’m hoping that her travel history will be a good sign, she isn’t at all interested in living in the US. I’ll make sure that she brings all other paperwork to show ties.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Project_Harajuku said:

You’re right thank you. I’m hoping that her travel history will be a good sign, she isn’t at all interested in living in the US. I’ll make sure that she brings all other paperwork to show ties.

Hi!  I just wanted to say please make sure when she completes the DS-160 ( I think that's the correct form?) That she puts everything that's needed in that form (I can't recall if it has specifics for thinks like bank account, owning a home, past travel history etc) I say this because they are not required to look at documents she brings and often times already made their decision based on what was completed in the application form. 

This is not to say don't bring the paperwork- definitely bring it to the interview but don't be surprised if they don't look at it.   Good luck to your mom.

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Timeline
1 hour ago, Luckycuds said:

Hi!  I just wanted to say please make sure when she completes the DS-160 ( I think that's the correct form?) That she puts everything that's needed in that form (I can't recall if it has specifics for thinks like bank account, owning a home, past travel history etc) I say this because they are not required to look at documents she brings and often times already made their decision based on what was completed in the application form. 

This is not to say don't bring the paperwork- definitely bring it to the interview but don't be surprised if they don't look at it.   Good luck to your mom.

Thanks for that tip! I’m helping her to complete the form so I’ll definitely triple check to make sure that all the details are filled in. In my past experience  the tourist visa they didn’t look at my “evidence” either. They saw that I’d travelled before with no issues and it was a quick approval. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.