Zoltan K

December 2019 - AOS Filers

1,449 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I have a question they recieved my application on dec 19th and got rejected in january 14th im suspecting because the new fees or something.. i had to call them in order to know what happeneed.

My question is should i get a chance to resubmit everything? and not to loose my orginal PD or i have to go from scratch again?

I have not get the letter yet... This is also a question in how many days should i get the letter..

thanks for you advice

reject.PNG

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline
17 minutes ago, chuva02 said:

Hi guys,

I have a question they recieved my application on dec 19th and got rejected in january 14th im suspecting because the new fees or something.. i had to call them in order to know what happeneed.

My question is should i get a chance to resubmit everything? and not to loose my orginal PD or i have to go from scratch again?

I have not get the letter yet... This is also a question in how many days should i get the letter..

thanks for you advice

reject.PNG

Resubmit from scratch.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline
12 minutes ago, chuva02 said:

Thanks for your advice, i submit this with a lawyer i forgot to add that should he be able to make the difference or he would resubmit again?

I would discuss this with the lawyer and have him or her explain why he made this mistake in the first place.

Edited by UAreWhatuBecame

2 hours ago, chuva02 said:

Hi guys,

thanks for you advice

reject.PNG

I would wait for the letter to see what they sent back and what needs to be corrected. The reasons for rejection will be detailed in the letter. I got my I-131 back and had to resubmit but they kept all of my supporting documentation so I just sent the new 131 by itself. 

29 minutes ago, Erin86 said:

I would wait for the letter to see what they sent back and what needs to be corrected. The reasons for rejection will be detailed in the letter. I got my I-131 back and had to resubmit but they kept all of my supporting documentation so I just sent the new 131 by itself. 

Erin, so they keep everything over there and they are only waiting for your 1- 130? did you keep the same PD? i am worried that i am gonna lost another month or two...

29 minutes ago, chuva02 said:

Erin, so they keep everything over there and they are only waiting for your 1- 130? did you keep the same PD? i am worried that i am gonna lost another month or two...

That's what they did and tier 2 officer said just to send back the form itself... I'm sure you will get the 797 in the mail in the next couple days, once they actually get to your case the 797 comes pretty quickly. 

About pd I'm not sure because I'm still waiting now for the receipt. In the packet they sent back it said I may be eligible for the original date but didn't say how to find out (shocking) so we'll see 🤷‍♀️

46 minutes ago, Erin86 said:

That's what they did and tier 2 officer said just to send back the form itself... I'm sure you will get the 797 in the mail in the next couple days, once they actually get to your case the 797 comes pretty quickly. 

About pd I'm not sure because I'm still waiting now for the receipt. In the packet they sent back it said I may be eligible for the original date but didn't say how to find out (shocking) so we'll see 🤷‍♀️

its funny how they cash the money for i - 495 and not the i 131.. this people doesnt know what they are doing at all lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 1/7/2020 at 2:35 PM, scotland2florida said:

They FINALLY ran our card this evening. I’ve never been so happy to have money taken from my account. 🙌🏻
Thanks everyone for all the encouragement when things were looking bleak! 

Hi!!!! We mailed my AOS packet December 20, 2019 and they received it December 23rd. I did not get any SMS or Email. They did not cash out the check yet.. I don’t know what to feel right now. Just overthinking things... How long did it take for them to cash out your check? Ughh , upsetting. 

Timeline
On 1/13/2020 at 1:49 PM, Sarge2155 said:

For those of you that mailed your packets prior to the holidays you'll  have to take that under consideration. You know how things go with everyone rushing out the door. Yes  no excuse but it happens. Remember they have 30 business days not calendar days to get your receipt to you. I suspect this week you'll get your receipt don't  panic it's  coming.

Hi!! This is encouraging but I still can’t help but worry.... my AOS packet got delivered Dec 23 and I still did not hear anything from USCIS. We mailed it to the Chicago lockbox... It’s frustrating :(

17 minutes ago, Kay Andes said:

Hi!!!! We mailed my AOS packet December 20, 2019 and they received it December 23rd. I did not get any SMS or Email. They did not cash out the check yet.. I don’t know what to feel right now. Just overthinking things... How long did it take for them to cash out your check? Ughh , upsetting. 

Hi Kay. They ran our credit card 32 days after receiving our package. It was late in the day, around 4 o’clock pm. Keep checking your bank account. I’m sure the Christmas and New Years holidays slowed things down too. Good luck and keep us posted when they do. Trust that it will be soon! I know it’s hard, but it will happen. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, scotland2florida said:

Hi Kay. They ran our credit card 32 days after receiving our package. It was late in the day, around 4 o’clock pm. Keep checking your bank account. I’m sure the Christmas and New Years holidays slowed things down too. Good luck and keep us posted when they do. Trust that it will be soon! I know it’s hard, but it will happen. 

I sure will!! Thank you so much and goodluck with AOS

32 business days? Calendar days? Thank you

8 minutes ago, Kay Andes said:

I sure will!! Thank you so much and goodluck with AOS

32 business days? Calendar days? Thank you

32 calendar days. 
Best of luck to you for your AOS journey as well. :)

Hello again!
  I want to tell you my experience so far and my times.

My PD: December 04
footprints: December 30

I requested an expedite for my work permit on January 6 and yesterday it was approved along with the travel permit.
Today it was updated that my case is ready for interview.

We keep moving forward with faith and wishing we all can have a smooth journey.

1 hour ago, Kay Andes said:

Hi!! This is encouraging but I still can’t help but worry.... my AOS packet got delivered Dec 23 and I still did not hear anything from USCIS. We mailed it to the Chicago lockbox... It’s frustrating :(

I understand but it's  coming trust the process!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.