Nissilito

AOS sent 1 week ago and no notice of receipt yet...

20 posts in this topic

Hey so I know there are backlogs right now for AOS filing but we sent ours last Saturday. It was supposed to reach lockbox on Monday. We've not received any notice (I filled out the form for e-notification). I know it'll be a few weeks before the credit card transaction shows but shouldnt we have been alerted that they at least received the file? I'm just worried it may have gotten lost...we sent it by USPS.

Any advice appreciated :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Nissilito said:

Hey so I know there are backlogs right now for AOS filing but we sent ours last Saturday. It was supposed to reach lockbox on Monday. We've not received any notice (I filled out the form for e-notification). I know it'll be a few weeks before the credit card transaction shows but shouldnt we have been alerted that they at least received the file? I'm just worried it may have gotten lost...we sent it by USPS.

I sent mine on 10/09 and just got the text on 10/30 and check was cashed on 10/31, so you're still good 😊

12 minutes ago, Nissilito said:

It can take them up to 30 days to "received" it. The package is there in the facility, probably along with 30,000 other things that they got. It may take them a while to get to it. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Did you get USPS delivery notification?

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

First contact USPS with your tracking number and try to find the location of your package.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 11/1/2019 at 8:17 AM, Nissilito said:

I didn't get any messages from USCIS until 18 days later,after it reached the lockbox.USCIS texted me and shortly after that cashed my check.I was worried too but you will hear something soon.

FYI, I may be the exception because I think it's been taking longer, but I sent in ours AOS on the Oct 17, it was delivered on Oct 21, I saw my card charged on Oct 30, and I just got the NOA1 in the mail yesterday Nov 4.  So it took 2 weeks from receiving it to me receiving my NOA1 in the mail.  I didn't get a text or email yet, even though I filled out the e-notification form.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I sent my AOS to Chicago USCIS on Oct. 9 and USPS tracking showed it delivered on Oct. 15.  My check wasn't cashed until November 1 and I just received the NOA (I-757C) in the mail today, November 5. So it seems the wait time varies by USCIS location...around 3 weeks from date the packet was received by Chicago to NOA received in the mail, in my case.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

As another data point that may be useful to those waiting for notification of receipt, we mailed our AOS package on October 17th, delivered October 21, and received notification of receipt via text message around 11pm CT on November 7th, three weeks after sending the package.  The check for fees cleared November 8.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.