Bebe1

N-400 November 2019 Filers

1,428 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
15 hours ago, bec128 said:

DONE!!

My wife attended the oath ceremony at the Buffalo office last Friday at 11:30 a.m. I went up with her but stayed in the car. She reported that everything went smooth, with the exception of one family that showed up late and was not showing proper respect for the occasion. They ended up getting reprimanded by the immigration officer! Even with the delay she was in and out in about an hour.

Last step was to go to the post office to submit her passport application. Got that taken care of yesterday!

Can't believe that our journey is finally done after more than 6 years. I just want to thank the whole VJ community for everything -- the shared knowledge we have is extremely valuable and the support is priceless.

Good luck to all of you still on your journey, and please feel free to reach out to me if you need help. It's the least I can do.

Congratulations to you and your wife! It's such a huge relief getting to the end of the journey and I absolutely agree with you about how immensely valuable the knowledge is. As a collective, the information is extensive and more than any lawyer can provide. Through VJ, I was personally able to navigate through the immigration from visas through to AOS, ROC and finally Naturalization without the help of any attorneys. No way I could have done any of that if it wasn't for the help and advice I received here through every step of the way.

Edited by MaleAlpha

~AOS : 09/11/2014 - 2 YR Green card received!.

~ROC 07/13/2017 - 10 YR Green card received!.

~N-400 : 10/28/2020 - N400 Interview & Approval/Oath Ceremony/US Citizen!

More Importantly, I am a proud Anti-Fascist!

Filed: Other Timeline
16 hours ago, MaleAlpha said:

I had my interview today and I am officially a US Citizen! Sharing my experience below..

The process was surprisingly very fast. My interview time was 12.30 PM and there was no one in the security line when I got there.

After the security check, I went to an upstairs waiting area. 5 minutes later I was called to interview with one really nice USCIS officer.

He swore me in and we started with the English test (Reading : Where is the white house? Writing 🥰The White house is in Washington, D.C.) and moved the civics test.

(Civics Questions : Name one US territory? If the US president can't serve, who next in line? Where is the statue of Liberty? Who makes Federal Laws? Name one state that borders Canada? Where is the statue of Liberty?). 

Next we went through all the yes/No questions. He asked me if I understood the oath of allegiance and I said I did. He then told me he was approving my application and due to Covid, he will be swearing me in same day. We did the oath. He gave me some documents and I went back to the waiting area for about 20 min. Someone then brought me my naturalization certificate and that was it. In all it took about 1 hr total - from check-in to receiving the naturalization certificate.

Zero stress and that has been my experience throughout my immigration Journey and I'm relieved that it comes to an end today! 🙂 

All the best to everyone still waiting for their interview. When the time comes, it will be a breeze..

Congratulations and thank you for sharing the questions.  So happy for you!

I think you repeated one question twice in your list of civic questions "Where is the statue of liberty?"

Timeline
1 hour ago, aa1979 said:

Congratulations and thank you for sharing the questions.  So happy for you!

I think you repeated one question twice in your list of civic questions "Where is the statue of liberty?"

Thank you!

Oh I just noticed it as well. The 6th question was - How many US reps are there?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
On 10/28/2020 at 9:23 PM, MaleAlpha said:

I had my interview today and I am officially a US Citizen! Sharing my experience below..

The process was surprisingly very fast. My interview time was 12.30 PM and there was no one in the security line when I got there.

After the security check, I went to an upstairs waiting area. 5 minutes later I was called to interview with one really nice USCIS officer.

He swore me in and we started with the English test (Reading : Where is the white house? Writing 🥰The White house is in Washington, D.C.) and moved the civics test.

(Civics Questions : Name one US territory? If the US president can't serve, who next in line? Where is the statue of Liberty? Who makes Federal Laws? Name one state that borders Canada? Where is the statue of Liberty?). 

Next we went through all the yes/No questions. He asked me if I understood the oath of allegiance and I said I did. He then told me he was approving my application and due to Covid, he will be swearing me in same day. We did the oath. He gave me some documents and I went back to the waiting area for about 20 min. Someone then brought me my naturalization certificate and that was it. In all it took about 1 hr total - from check-in to receiving the naturalization certificate.

Zero stress and that has been my experience throughout my immigration Journey and I'm relieved that it comes to an end today! 🙂 

All the best to everyone still waiting for their interview. When the time comes, it will be a breeze..

Congratulations!!!!! 🎈🍾🎉🎊 So happy to hear it went smooth for you! My interview is this Friday coming up Nov 6. I’m abit nervous but excited to finally have this done! I’ve been studying 2 times a day.

(I-751) Removal of Conditions Delivered: 11/30/2018
Notice of Action 18 month extension letter : 2/1/2019
1st Biometrics Letter: Received letter on 5/31/2019 that they will re-use my fingerprints.  

2nd Biometrics Letter: Received new letter on 10/25/2019 to do biometrics on Nov 4. :bonk:

(I-751) Transferred to NBC: 12/03/2019

(I-751) approved: 11/06/2020 😄

(N-400) Online Delivered: 11/30/2019

NOA Received : 11/30/2019

Biometrics Scheduled: 01/09/2020

Biometrics Walk-In: 12/30/2019

Interview: 11/06/2020 @ 12:00PM :joy:

N-400 approved: 11/06/2020 🇺🇸

Oath Ceremony: 11/06/2020  🇺🇸

US Passport/Card (expedited) applied: 11/10/2020

US Passport application delivered: 11/13/2020

US Passport: "In Process" as of 11/13/2020 email from DOS

US Passport Approved: 11/20/2020 🇺🇸

US Passport Delivered: 11/24/2020 :goofy:

US Passport Card Delivered: 11/25/2020

Naturalization Certificate Delivered: 11/27/2020

Timeline
On 10/30/2020 at 3:46 PM, Venus201320 said:

Congratulations!!!!! 🎈🍾🎉🎊 So happy to hear it went smooth for you! My interview is this Friday coming up Nov 6. I’m abit nervous but excited to finally have this done! I’ve been studying 2 times a day.

Thanks @Venus201320!

Nice to know your interview coming up this Friday. If my interview experience is anything to go by, yours should be very smooth and fast as well. I'm looking forward to hearing about how yours went! Hopefully your center has same day oath as well. All the best and keep us posted!!

Had my interview this morning and I passed all my tested and was approved for naturalization. Had my oath ceremony this morning also just had to wait like 2 hours for it cause it was still early before scheduled time. It was like 19 of us and only took like 10 mins. Finally glad the journey is over with. Thank you to everyone that give me advice in this group. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
9 hours ago, Comic said:

Had my interview this morning and I passed all my tested and was approved for naturalization. Had my oath ceremony this morning also just had to wait like 2 hours for it cause it was still early before scheduled time. It was like 19 of us and only took like 10 mins. Finally glad the journey is over with. Thank you to everyone that give me advice in this group. 

Congratulations to you as well 🎈🎊🎈🎊🎈🎊🎈🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊

My interview is tomorrow! I will update everyone once I’m finished with my interview! I probably won’t have same day oath because I asked for a name change. 😅

(I-751) Removal of Conditions Delivered: 11/30/2018
Notice of Action 18 month extension letter : 2/1/2019
1st Biometrics Letter: Received letter on 5/31/2019 that they will re-use my fingerprints.  

2nd Biometrics Letter: Received new letter on 10/25/2019 to do biometrics on Nov 4. :bonk:

(I-751) Transferred to NBC: 12/03/2019

(I-751) approved: 11/06/2020 😄

(N-400) Online Delivered: 11/30/2019

NOA Received : 11/30/2019

Biometrics Scheduled: 01/09/2020

Biometrics Walk-In: 12/30/2019

Interview: 11/06/2020 @ 12:00PM :joy:

N-400 approved: 11/06/2020 🇺🇸

Oath Ceremony: 11/06/2020  🇺🇸

US Passport/Card (expedited) applied: 11/10/2020

US Passport application delivered: 11/13/2020

US Passport: "In Process" as of 11/13/2020 email from DOS

US Passport Approved: 11/20/2020 🇺🇸

US Passport Delivered: 11/24/2020 :goofy:

US Passport Card Delivered: 11/25/2020

Naturalization Certificate Delivered: 11/27/2020

I had my interview and oath yesterday 11/4 at San Diego, CA. The process was very smooth. I had my interview at 10:30 am. Reached the USCIS office at 10:15 am and there were around 12-15 people in front of me. I was last in line to enter the building. There was airport like security after entering. You need to take out shoes, belt, watch. We were asked to go to 4th floor. In 4th floor, they checked-in and asked to wait. The entry to the building to checkin, took almost 15 mins.  I had to wait for around 20 minutes when I was called. I had a virtual interview. The officer told me that they are doing virtual interview trials. The officer was in another room and he could see me using the video on iPad kept in front of me and to talk a phone was placed with speaker on. There was a printer next to me where the officer sent first reading paper where I had to read “what we pay to government?” Another paper where I had to write “We pay taxes.” I had to write my name, A# and date and put the paper on a tray they provided. Next was civic. 
1. name one US territory

2. Name one state bordering Mexico 

3. whom we fought against in

world world 2.

4. What did the Declaration of Independence do

5. father of our nation

Don’t remember the 6th question.

After this he went through my application. He did ask me who all live with me. How many bedrooms and baths we have in our house. Is it owned or rented. After this he printed 2 papers. One was the changes containing the updates he did to my application and other was to check my details are correct.I had to sign them and put it on tray. After this he came into the room and collected the paper and verified my writing. And he congratulated me that he approves my application. He informed that he needs couple of minutes and then he will do the oath. He went back to his room and on phone he told me he is running background. This took around 2 minutes and then he came back with the certificate and he made me take the oath and I was done. From the time I was called to the time I was back to waiting room took 10-15 minutes.

All the best to everyone waiting.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Had my interview yesterday in San Diego @1:30 pm. After doing the necessary security measures and checking in, I waited about 20 minutes before I was called into my interview.  My interviewer brought me to his office where he had a plexiglass barrier between his side of the desk and me. Asked me to remain standing to swear me in. After that, I sat down and we began the interview. Did the civics first.

1. What territory did the U.S buy from France in 1803?

2. We elect the president for how many years?

3. Who is the Commander in Chief of our military?

4. There were 13 original states. Name 3.

5. What is 1 thing Benjamin Franklin is know for?

6. In what month do we vote for President?

He then asked me to read a sentence that was on the iPad screen. After that, write on the iPad the sentence he spoke aloud.

Once I finished the civics test, he started asking questions from the N400 application.  Name, birthdate, address, employer,  have I traveled outside of the US in the last 5 years, and have I been to Mexico in the last 14 days.  We chit-chatted for a little bit here because I requested a name change.  Then we moved on to the moral character part of the N400. He pretty much just asked me all the questions from the application.  After that, we chatted some more again-he was curious about me growing up in a military family. So we spoke maybe for about 10 minutes while he was finishing up documents. He told me he was recommending me for approval and they just needed to get a judge to sign off on my name change.  Hopefully will get to do my oath ceremony in a couple of weeks if the judge signs off in the next few days.

Nerve-wracking process but the biggest part is done!  Best of luck to anyone that is still waiting!

14 hours ago, N400nov said:

I had my interview and oath yesterday 11/4 at San Diego, CA. The process was very smooth. I had my interview at 10:30 am. Reached the USCIS office at 10:15 am and there were around 12-15 people in front of me. I was last in line to enter the building. There was airport like security after entering. You need to take out shoes, belt, watch. We were asked to go to 4th floor. In 4th floor, they checked-in and asked to wait. The entry to the building to checkin, took almost 15 mins.  I had to wait for around 20 minutes when I was called. I had a virtual interview. The officer told me that they are doing virtual interview trials. The officer was in another room and he could see me using the video on iPad kept in front of me and to talk a phone was placed with speaker on. There was a printer next to me where the officer sent first reading paper where I had to read “what we pay to government?” Another paper where I had to write “We pay taxes.” I had to write my name, A# and date and put the paper on a tray they provided. Next was civic. 
1. name one US territory

2. Name one state bordering Mexico 

3. whom we fought against in

world world 2.

4. What did the Declaration of Independence do

5. father of our nation

Don’t remember the 6th question.

After this he went through my application. He did ask me who all live with me. How many bedrooms and baths we have in our house. Is it owned or rented. After this he printed 2 papers. One was the changes containing the updates he did to my application and other was to check my details are correct.I had to sign them and put it on tray. After this he came into the room and collected the paper and verified my writing. And he congratulated me that he approves my application. He informed that he needs couple of minutes and then he will do the oath. He went back to his room and on phone he told me he is running background. This took around 2 minutes and then he came back with the certificate and he made me take the oath and I was done. From the time I was called to the time I was back to waiting room took 10-15 minutes.

All the best to everyone waiting.

Congratulations:)

pls share timeline 

apply 

I551

I751

N400

5 hours ago, hafu_hafu said:

Had my interview yesterday in San Diego @1:30 pm. After doing the necessary security measures and checking in, I waited about 20 minutes before I was called into my interview.  My interviewer brought me to his office where he had a plexiglass barrier between his side of the desk and me. Asked me to remain standing to swear me in. After that, I sat down and we began the interview. Did the civics first.

1. What territory did the U.S buy from France in 1803?

2. We elect the president for how many years?

3. Who is the Commander in Chief of our military?

4. There were 13 original states. Name 3.

5. What is 1 thing Benjamin Franklin is know for?

6. In what month do we vote for President?

He then asked me to read a sentence that was on the iPad screen. After that, write on the iPad the sentence he spoke aloud.

Once I finished the civics test, he started asking questions from the N400 application.  Name, birthdate, address, employer,  have I traveled outside of the US in the last 5 years, and have I been to Mexico in the last 14 days.  We chit-chatted for a little bit here because I requested a name change.  Then we moved on to the moral character part of the N400. He pretty much just asked me all the questions from the application.  After that, we chatted some more again-he was curious about me growing up in a military family. So we spoke maybe for about 10 minutes while he was finishing up documents. He told me he was recommending me for approval and they just needed to get a judge to sign off on my name change.  Hopefully will get to do my oath ceremony in a couple of weeks if the judge signs off in the next few days.

Nerve-wracking process but the biggest part is done!  Best of luck to anyone that is still waiting!

pls share timeline 

apply 

I551

I751

N400

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
37 minutes ago, MMarco said:

pls share timeline 

apply 

I551

I751

N400

pls share timeline 

apply 

I551

I751

N400

I've had my green card since 1982, so didn't file for I751

N400 timeline:

Application received: 11/7/2019
Biometrics scheduled: 11/8/2019
Biometrics appointment: 11/25/2019
Interview scheduled: 10/9/2020
Interview appointment: 11/5/2020

Edited by hafu_hafu

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.