P&T23

US Consulate Guangzhou China- NVC status says Ready, what to do next?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hello I need help advice from people who filed K1 Visa for Guangzhou China US Consulate. While I am waiting in North Carolina, USA. I am at the point where NVC status is at ready.  My fiancee in Shenzhen, China told me to wait for package 3 to arrive at her mailbox according to her suggestion peer WeChat group.

1. Should we wait till that (Package 3) instructions for my fiancee arrives and do the DS-160 and submit it? or should we go ahead and submit DS-160 first before the mail arrives in her mailbox?
  2. Also I see that you can create an account as well at https://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/index.html?firstTime=No, should we go ahead and do that too?

I know this is all on my fiancee's (China) side for her to do, but I'm curious how this would work for her. I just want this to be smooth and flawless. 

I'm a bit confused here because there is no instructions on what is the next step after I called in to get the case number. Other than I got the straight up NVC status message out of the blue saying "READY" ready for interview. You can see my screen shot attached to this post.

Thank you in advanced and be kind.

Screen Shot 2019-10-20 at 22.54.46b.png

Edited by Parris

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Suggest that your check-in at the China Regional Forum for any consulate-specific information/directions/requirements.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/94-china/

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Hi, kind of of topic but I was wondering if you were also required to submit civil documents to NVC online and wait for documents to be qualified through NVC or if you just need to submit with P3 through mail. IM filing from US but my husband will do interview at guanzhou.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Alforte05 said:

Hi, kind of of topic but I was wondering if you were also required to submit civil documents to NVC online and wait for documents to be qualified through NVC or if you just need to submit with P3 through mail. IM filing from US but my husband will do interview at guanzhou.

K1 is different than spousal.   For a spousal,  NVC collects the documents 

YMMV

Timeline
13 hours ago, Parris said:

Hello I need help advice from people who filed K1 Visa for Guangzhou China US Consulate. While I am waiting in North Carolina, USA. I am at the point where NVC status is at ready.  My fiancee in Shenzhen, China told me to wait for package 3 to arrive at her mailbox according to her suggestion peer WeChat group.

1. Should we wait till that (Package 3) instructions for my fiancee arrives and do the DS-160 and submit it? or should we go ahead and submit DS-160 first before the mail arrives in her mailbox?
  2. Also I see that you can create an account as well at https://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/index.html?firstTime=No, should we go ahead and do that too?

I know this is all on my fiancee's (China) side for her to do, but I'm curious how this would work for her. I just want this to be smooth and flawless. 

I'm a bit confused here because there is no instructions on what is the next step after I called in to get the case number. Other than I got the straight up NVC status message out of the blue saying "READY" ready for interview. You can see my screen shot attached to this post.

Thank you in advanced and be kind.

Screen Shot 2019-10-20 at 22.54.46b.png

We are at the interview stage in Guangzhou as well.  READY means just arrived from NVC.  When it switches to administrative processing, P3 is on the way.  The dates are updated daily.  Once you get the P3, return the requested items.  You can start your DS160 and pay first (include the receipt in the package you return in P3), but wait til P4 to schedule.  Yes you can start your ustraveldocs.com account now as well (this is where you pay - we used alipay.. easy and fast confirmation)

Then you will be like us.. waiting to go to the interview ... ours is in 3 weeks time 8-)

Edited by flfreddy

=============
5/20/2019 - I129 Submitted

5/22/19 - NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
4 hours ago, flfreddy said:

We are at the interview stage in Guangzhou as well.  READY means just arrived from NVC.  When it switches to administrative processing, P3 is on the way.  The dates are updated daily.  Once you get the P3, return the requested items.  You can start your DS160 and pay first (include the receipt in the package you return in P3), but wait til P4 to schedule.  Yes you can start your ustraveldocs.com account now as well (this is where you pay - we used alipay.. easy and fast confirmation)

Then you will be like us.. waiting to go to the interview ... ours is in 3 weeks time 8-)

Not at all. Administrative processing means an application was moved from the consulate for further screening .https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/administrative-processing-information.html You may file ds169, pay fees and hope for an appointment soon but why put the horse before the cart, only to receive the instructions in pkg 3 only to find out you missed this, didn't get that, etc. Best wishes on your visa journey.

Timeline
2 hours ago, qrk said:

Not at all. Administrative processing means an application was moved from the consulate for further screening .https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/administrative-processing-information.html You may file ds169, pay fees and hope for an appointment soon but why put the horse before the cart, only to receive the instructions in pkg 3 only to find out you missed this, didn't get that, etc. Best wishes on your visa journey.

I was sharing my files experience.    After READY at embassy, it was AP for a day, and updated the next day and we got the P3 in 2 days.    After we returned the P3, it was still AP and updated in 2 days (when P3 arrived at US Embassy).  1 day later updated again in AP status, and we received the P4 email.  It is still AP status up to today.     It has been 1 week already, but we had already obtained interview date and are all set to go.    Still AP as we speak.

The link you provided is AFTER interview AP.

Edited by flfreddy

=============

5/22/19 - NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
8 hours ago, flfreddy said:

I was sharing my files experience.    After READY at embassy, it was AP for a day, and updated the next day and we got the P3 in 2 days.    After we returned the P3, it was still AP and updated in 2 days (when P3 arrived at US Embassy).  1 day later updated again in AP status, and we received the P4 email.  It is still AP status up to today.     It has been 1 week already, but we had already obtained interview date and are all set to go.    Still AP as we speak.

The link you provided is AFTER interview AP.

Before or after the interview, the end result for Administrative Processing is the same. The application was transferred from the consulate to other US agencies for further review. They'll tell you this before, during or after the interview even if you were successful in scheduling one. Please see this link specific to China. https://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/cn-iv-221ginfo.asp Best of wishes ti you on your visa journey.

On 10/24/2019 at 3:16 AM, Parris said:

2. Also I see that you can create an account as well at https://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/index.html?firstTime=No, should we go ahead and do that too......

Here is information that you should use for your interview preparation. P3 letter is included plus links for others who can help.

The GUZ P3 is what prevents people in China from getting a head start, they want the instructions page mailed back with the requested documents.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/cn-iv-visaapplyinfo.asp#KVisaPetitions

P3 Letter for China:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gcrLW0OCkGfdz43tehWNmgDayJUrRTdj/view?usp=sharing

U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou when it is time to schedule an interview. K visa applicants will be notified by the U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou when it is time to schedule an interview. You cannot schedule your interview appointment till such time as you have been sent the P3 letter from the Embassy and have returned the requested documents.

Here is some help from other members here on VJ:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/94-china/

And the Portal here on VJ for processing in China and what to expect

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=China&cty=Guangzhou

and the http://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/cn-iv-visaapplyinfo.asp

Don't waste time while you're waiting for P3, complete DS-160 and print confirmation page. Since you are from China go to the 2nd link below and click immigrant to register under K1 visa. After you register and enter info it should be clear on how to pay fee, make sure you print bank deposit slip. Just follow directions under Nonimmigrant Visa, but make sure when you register K1 is under Immigrant Visa.

Directions go to http://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/cn-niv-visaapply.asp

Register(Create Account) https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/?language=English&country=China 

After you register make sure to choose K1 visa under Immigrant, it wasn't an option for under non-immigrant.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hey there, my fiance and I are also in Shenzhen, saw you said your fiance had a Wechat group for this topic. Any chance we could make contact and I could add my fiance to that group? We sent our i129f and have recieved NOA1 so just waiting at this point

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, Alex and Olivia said:

Hey there, my fiance and I are also in Shenzhen, saw you said your fiance had a Wechat group for this topic. Any chance we could make contact and I could add my fiance to that group? We sent our i129f and have recieved NOA1 so just waiting at this point

I would encourage your fiancee to get involved in a WeChat group. I think that the ladies really find it helpful.  Though we went through the old GUZ consulate several years ago, my wife got involved in a WeChat group then, and still is in contact with several members of her old group that have been in the US for a number of years. Actually, we have visited a several of them in the US, having developed couples friendship. 

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline
51 minutes ago, Pitaya said:

I would encourage your fiancee to get involved in a WeChat group. I think that the ladies really find it helpful.  Though we went through the old GUZ consulate several years ago, my wife got involved in a WeChat group then, and still is in contact with several members of her old group that have been in the US for a number of years. Actually, we have visited a several of them in the US, having developed couples friendship. 

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Yes.. the CHinese Wechat is more accurate frankly.

Ok our story continue....

So ready then AP then ready then after interview was transferred to NI dept, then issued.

We received the K1 visa in passport today. 12/2/19

AP appeared before interview = meaning doing some work on it.

AP appeared after intervewi = still doing some more work on it.

=============

5/22/19 - NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.