glowie85

Oath letter can't be here soon enough...

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi everybody, 

I never wanted to be that person, the one that questions timelines and is anxious about getting mail. Well, here I am...

There is not one answer to this, but I'd like to hear of a couple experiences. 

At my interview I got the 'Decision cannot yet be made' (I believe it was the luck of the draw which IO I got, but oh well). 
A day later my status changed to 'Attended interview'. 
6 days after interview my status changed to 'We approved your application. We will mail you your oath invitation'.
It has been more than 2 weeks without any update, status change or mail (oath invitation). I know 2 weeks is nothing, but I'm soooo close to the end and just can't wait until it is finally over... 

So, friends, after getting 'Decision cannot yet be made' and then 'We approved...'how long did it take for you to get the oath invitation?

Thank you in advance!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
28 minutes ago, glowie85 said:

Hi everybody, 

I never wanted to be that person, the one that questions timelines and is anxious about getting mail. Well, here I am...

At my interview I got the 'Decision cannot yet be made' (I believe it was the luck of the draw which IO I got, but oh well). 
6 days after interview my status changed to 'We approved your application. We will mail you your oath invitation'.
It has been more than 2 weeks without any update, status change or mail (oath invitation). I know 2 weeks is nothing, but I'm soooo close to the end and just can't wait until it is finally over... 

So, friends, after getting 'Decision cannot yet be made' and then 'We approved...'how long did it take for you to get the oath invitation?

Thank you in advance!!

It depends on how busy your field office is. . I’ve been waiting for my oath letter for over than 2 months and still no updates!! Others have been waiting less than that.. so I think just forget about it and don’t think about it.. you will get it sooner or later.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, glowie85 said:

Hi everybody, 

Thank you in advance!!

Check your local office cases to get an idea.  In Philadelphia , approved on July 3rd and oath was July 15th.

Interview 9/27, decision cannot be made, on 10/1 myuscis updated to both interview attended and approved, 10/4 oath ceremony scheduled, 10/5 letter mailed. Timelines do seem to vary widely though, and I got the impression my “no decision” was due to an inexperienced officer needing a supervisor  to formally approve.

Filed: Timeline
12 hours ago, glowie85 said:

Hi everybody, 

Thank you in advance!!

I understand how you feel! I was not that impatient when I had to wait for 6 months after biometrics to attend an interview but each day after approval seemed like a very looonggg time. Some people are fortunate to get their oath notification and oath taking within very short times to compensate for long interview waits. For me though, 46 days after interview for oath notification, and then an additional 48 days to oath taking seemed much longer than the 6 months wait to interview.

Hopefully you'll get the oath notice within the next 2 weeks. If not, call USCIS just to say hi and ask about your case. I called a month after interview -- they said to wait for 90 days and then to call them up if nothing yet. The good news though was that I got my oath notification 2 weeks later. Maybe just a coincidence but there is no harm in calling them, even right now if you want to just to hear what they have to say.

Hang in there! Impatience and worry won't end until you get back your naturalization certificate after passport processing. :)

Edited by xyz12345

Am I a champion of the waiting time?

Submitted my n-400 - July 2018 (the very end)

interview - June 12 2019: got approved on the spot and online status changed the next day

oath - still waiting (so far 127 days since the interview)

(by the way I also had to wait for my first green card for 2 months after the interview and approval. Yes, I am THAT lucky)

Timeline
1 hour ago, panssey said:

Am I a champion of the waiting time?

Submitted my n-400 - July 2018 (the very end)

interview - June 12 2019: got approved on the spot and online status changed the next day

oath - still waiting (so far 127 days since the interview)

(by the way I also had to wait for my first green card for 2 months after the interview and approval. Yes, I am THAT lucky)

This is terrible.... and I'm saying I'm anxious. So sorry!!!

Timeline
11 hours ago, dilip said:

Check your local office cases to get an idea.  In Philadelphia , approved on July 3rd and oath was July 15th.

I did that, but my question was specific to the ones that didn't get the approved for approval directly after the interview. 
It looks like a lot of people on this site with Chicago field office that actually update their stuff, get the recommendation for approval right away and an oath within 3-4 weeks. But that is not similar to my circumstances, so it doesn't 'help' me. (Not that any of these answers would help me in a literal sense, more in an emotional way :) )  

4 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Interview 9/27, decision cannot be made, on 10/1 myuscis updated to both interview attended and approved, 10/4 oath ceremony scheduled, 10/5 letter mailed. Timelines do seem to vary widely though, and I got the impression my “no decision” was due to an inexperienced officer needing a supervisor  to formally approve.

Thank you, Susie! That was exactly the answer I meant. Yes, they do vary widely and I know that no case is like the other. As said above, I think I just want to ease my mind :)

Timeline
3 hours ago, xyz12345 said:

I understand how you feel! I was not that impatient when I had to wait for 6 months after biometrics to attend an interview but each day after approval seemed like a very looonggg time. Some people are fortunate to get their oath notification and oath taking within very short times to compensate for long interview waits. For me though, 46 days after interview for oath notification, and then an additional 48 days to oath taking seemed much longer than the 6 months wait to interview.

Hopefully you'll get the oath notice within the next 2 weeks. If not, call USCIS just to say hi and ask about your case. I called a month after interview -- they said to wait for 90 days and then to call them up if nothing yet. The good news though was that I got my oath notification 2 weeks later. Maybe just a coincidence but there is no harm in calling them, even right now if you want to just to hear what they have to say.

Hang in there! Impatience and worry won't end until you get back your naturalization certificate after passport processing. :)

This, 10,000 times this! The interview wait was no problem, heck, even back then the wait for the green card interview (and receiving the card) was no problem either, but this now... knowing to be approved and it's just one more step, that is torture!! (obviously again looking over to panssey feeling bad that I already start whining after 16 days... )

Yes, I know the 90 day thing. I hope it won't last that long. I try to avoid calling before that because I hate to think that I took up the space in line for someone who might have a real problem (just my weird thinking).
Thank you for your kind words!

My interview in Chicago as well on 9/30, got 'recommended for approval'. Last week online status changed to 'Oath Ceremony will be scheduled‘. 'Until now still no oath date. I feel your pain. 

There was a long weekend last week and it might be one of the reasons that slow things down. Hope we will hear something next week.

Edited by zemat

Timeline
15 hours ago, zemat said:

My interview in Chicago as well on 9/30, got 'recommended for approval'. Last week online status changed to 'Oath Ceremony will be scheduled‘. 'Until now still no oath date. I feel your pain. 

There was a long weekend last week and it might be one of the reasons that slow things down. Hope we will hear something next week.

So what does your online status show now?
Because mine says 'We approved your application - Your final step to becoming a citizen is to attend your naturalization ceremony - We will mail you a letter when we schedule your naturalization ceremony.'

Will this change to 'In line for Oath' or some of the other messages I have seen or is it more likely that the next one will be 'oath scheduled'? 

10 minutes ago, glowie85 said:

Will this change to 'In line for Oath' or some of the other messages I have seen or is it more likely that the next one will be 'oath scheduled'? 

If you go to a uscis case status page (not your account page) without logging in and type your case number, most likely you will see the 'we placed you in line for oath' message.

8 minutes ago, glowie85 said:

So what does your online status show now?
Because mine says 'We approved your application - Your final step to becoming a citizen is to attend your naturalization ceremony - We will mail you a letter when we schedule your naturalization ceremony.'

Mine still shows “Oath ceremony will be scheduled.” I know one guy interviewed in Chicago got “decision cannot be made” right after the interview and later online status directly changed to “Oath ceremony notice was mailed out” without getting something like in line for oath.  

686C3195-CCB8-4BBF-A8A2-E731C6D30862.jpeg

Timeline
24 minutes ago, panssey said:

If you go to a uscis case status page (not your account page) without logging in and type your case number, most likely you will see the 'we placed you in line for oath' message.

Thank you! I only always login to check my status, but now with searching for receipt number I got below status. No wonder I'm waiting.

22 minutes ago, zemat said:

Mine still shows “Oath ceremony will be scheduled.” I know one guy interviewed in Chicago got “decision cannot be made” right after the interview and later online status directly changed to “Oath ceremony notice was mailed out” without getting something like in line for oath.  

See, I'm not even there yet. Now I know where to check my status... :(
image.png.ba6716425603189e675e94b300642daf.png

Filed: Timeline
2 hours ago, glowie85 said:

Thank you! I only always login to check my status, but now with searching for receipt number I got below status. No wonder I'm waiting.

See, I'm not even there yet. Now I know where to check my status... :(
image.png.ba6716425603189e675e94b300642daf.png

I actually got quality review notice on the other website too. Don't worry about that one and focus on the myUSCIS account. That quality review notice won't change until they have scheduled your oath ceremony. As long as it says approved on the myUSCIS acct, you should just wait for the oath. That's the reason I called after 30 days. I was worried about that quality review. The IO just reassured me that there was no flag on my case and to just wait for the oath notification.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.