Mobi6488

interview august 30 with status refused

15 posts in this topic

my visa is refused with more documents needed. they need photos of marriage, my wife passport pages and old email. the status is refused. the CO kept my birth certificate and passport. 

on the letter 221 g both options are unchecked. i have found here that every applicant has has selection of option 1 or 2. but mine has nothing checked(selected)

My interview was on august 30. i submit some documents on sep 11 and some on sep13. my case last update is 12 sep. regarding police certificate i ve stayed in malaysia. so i have provided clearance certificate. well that be a plus point regarding police clearance and will this shorten the time frame? i need expert opinion about my case. and the expected time.  

Provide everything they asked for on the 221g.  Sounds to me you sent them a thin file, so they need more evidence of your relationship before they will approve.  If you send them everything they have requested, your chances of approval are much higher.  You aren't denied yet, you still have an opportunity to hand over evidence they need.

DCF CR1 filing in Guangzhou, China:

Married - 2018-09-25

I-30 submitted at Guangzhou office - 2019-06-17
I-130 approved - 2019-06-18
DS-260 Confirmation Handed to CITIC to be Delivered - 2019-11-12-2019

DS-260 Approved, received email to schedule appointment - 2019-11-20-2019

Visa Interview in Guangzhou (Approved!) 😁 2019-12-16-2019

Immigration Visa Issued 2019-12-17-2019

They mentioned. Marriage photos which i sibmit to them.we got married in Malaysia. So they needed in out of my wife passport. So I submit that all passpprt pages. Her all passport is blank except visit to malaysia. They need older emails. So i ve submitted 2 to 3 emails per year. From 2006 intill 2012. 

Other evidence of marital relation. Submit letters from people they knew about our relatioship and marriage. About more  300 old calling cards photocopies. Plus my wife sent me some gift and money for different festivals. I submit receipts.

That's all. Other than that I don't have anything. The problem is that has been 1month and a half. They even have not replied weather the received the documents or not.

17 minutes ago, givionte said:

Provide everything they asked for on the 221g.  Sounds to me you sent them a thin file, so they need more evidence of your relationship before they will approve.  If you send them everything they have requested, your chances of approval are much higher.  You aren't denied yet, you still have an opportunity to hand over evidence they need.

Checking any option from the two listed on 221 g and not checking at all. Which one better.

10 minutes ago, Mobi6488 said:

They even have not replied weather the received the documents or not.

If you already sent in the documents then you just have to wait.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

2 minutes ago, Mobi6488 said:

Submitting documents and no email from embassy from august 30 till October 15. Is that Ok? I am getting anxiety of this wait stuff.

Immigration takes lots of patience.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

From my experience, you're 1 year away from actual interview. I had the same case update "case is ready to be scheduled  for an interview" from Sept of one year to Sept of the next year when actual interview took place. It took me 1.5 years from filing to GC.

My advice, once you get your EAD, forget about the GC. Go work and enjoy life.

People see that update and start calling USCIS everyday and stressing for no reason. 

Edited by Timona

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

4 hours ago, Timona said:

From my experience, you're 1 year away from actual interview. I had the same case update "case is ready to be scheduled  for an interview" from Sept of one year to Sept of the next year when actual interview took place. It took me 1.5 years from filing to GC.

People see that update and start calling USCIS everyday and stressing for no reason. 

Hi. I don't understand ur terminology

.. and why will someone call to uscis after aftdate?

Timeline
6 hours ago, Mobi6488 said:

Hi. I don't understand ur terminology

.. and why will someone call to uscis after aftdate?

Basically,  you're looking into a year before interview. 

When people see the "your case is ready to be scheduled for an interview," they think interview is around the corner.  As such, they start calling USCIS or posting online asking why they haven't gone to the interview already. 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
11 hours ago, Timona said:

OP is a CR1. They will not need an EAD. Once they enter, they enter as a permanent resident and do not need another form of work authorization. Also what do you mean they are a year away from the interview? The OP already had their interview...

Timeline
9 minutes ago, designguy said:

OP is a CR1. They will not need an EAD. Once they enter, they enter as a permanent resident and do not need another form of work authorization. Also what do you mean they are a year away from the interview? The OP already had their interview...

I swear, my initial post was supposed to be for another posting. Somehow, I read a different post and replied on another. I just went through his post and my answers don't correlate to his questions. 

My apologies to OP and everyone. 

Edited by Timona

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.