Boiler

Oak Park, Ill. town trustee Susan Buchanan declares white men can't have opinions

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Too bad he has freedom of speech and is allowed to express his opinion as much as anyone else. I heard that the concentration camps were being built so after the weapons were taken away it would be easy to place me into them.

Timeline

She needs a mirror.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Even if she was wrong, is it right that she feels unsafe to be in her own home? https://www.oakpark.com/News/Articles/10-11-2019/Oak-Park-trustee-receives-email-threats-at-home-and-work/

I think this quote from the mayor of Oak Park says a lot:

Our current village board is capable of great things. And we should not judge any of our public servants on the basis of their worst or best moment in public. An attack on one Oak Parker is an attack on all of us. I support each of my colleagues in village government and have the utmost confidence that this new board will work through its challenges and accomplish great things for our village.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
23 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Even if she was wrong, is it right that she feels unsafe to be in her own home? https://www.oakpark.com/News/Articles/10-11-2019/Oak-Park-trustee-receives-email-threats-at-home-and-work/

I think this quote from the mayor of Oak Park says a lot:

Seems pretty convenient going from oppressor to victim at the drop of a hat.  I am not saying she did not get threatening emails, but hey, turn them over to the police and let them investigate.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

Seems pretty convenient going from oppressor to victim at the drop of a hat.  I am not saying she did not get threatening emails, but hey, turn them over to the police and let them investigate.

Well, it looks like the community is concerned for her as well according to the mayor's statement. She apologized and it looks like the board of trustees is trying to work together to address issues here in a constructive way. I wonder if the threats she received were from people in Oak Park or from people who saw the story in the media? Not that it makes it any better if the person was from Oak Park, but it seems like a local disagreement that is being addressed and got blown out of proportion.

Timeline
1 minute ago, laylalex said:

Well, it looks like the community is concerned for her as well according to the mayor's statement. She apologized and it looks like the board of trustees is trying to work together to address issues here in a constructive way. I wonder if the threats she received were from people in Oak Park or from people who saw the story in the media? Not that it makes it any better if the person was from Oak Park, but it seems like a local disagreement that is being addressed and got blown out of proportion.

It is just another example of identity politics running amok.

7 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

It is just another example of identity politics running amok.

But if she has apologized, and is working with the rest of the board now, so what? Does she not get to express her opinion? It's not like her comments actually changed anything on how things are run in that village. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, laylalex said:

But if she has apologized, and is working with the rest of the board now, so what? Does she not get to express her opinion? It's not like her comments actually changed anything on how things are run in that village. 

I was not suggesting she could not express her opinion.  I am expressing my opinion that her outburst or as she put it “loss of temper” was related to identity politics.  

Timeline

With a few days’ perspective, Buchanan stepped back her tone as she spoke with CBS 2.

“I probably showed more emotion than I should have,” she said.

But Buchanan stands by her message.

“I strongly believe that there is a time when white people, including myself, should stand back,” she said.

Moroney gave us perspecti

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/10/09/oak-park-diversity-statement/

Does not sound like she is that repentant, if there has been an apology I can not find it.

1 hour ago, Boiler said:

With a few days’ perspective, Buchanan stepped back her tone as she spoke with CBS 2.

“I probably showed more emotion than I should have,” she said.

But Buchanan stands by her message.

“I strongly believe that there is a time when white people, including myself, should stand back,” she said.

Moroney gave us perspecti

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/10/09/oak-park-diversity-statement/

Does not sound like she is that repentant, if there has been an apology I can not find it.

I believe the article I linked to said she apologized. It sounds like she apologized for losing her temper rather than what she said, and I am okay with that. 

Why do I even care about what is happening in this little village? :lol: 

Not much of an apology, she seems a self loathing troll with an over active nonsensensical opinion of her place in the  world