dom_lawrence

USEM recalled all visas issued frm oct 7-10

45 posts in this topic

On 10/11/2019 at 6:01 AM, dom_lawrence said:

I jst called d 2go services today. i ws told that all immigrant visas issued by USEM from oct 7-10 were recalled today. 

Yeah I heard that from a buddy of mine he said there were about 2 dozen recalled. He did not tell me the reason as he was very upset.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

I resorted to keeping myself busy. I visited my hometown, went to farm, then, will travel. Hoping and praying that this is jst but a minor and temporary setback. After all, this is beyond our control. 

My wife and our 1-month old son are n d US nw - life isnt easy for all f us, but we respect d process, and we are hopeful with d process.

Edited by dom_lawrence

There s no update yet. 2go is waiting for further instructions frm usem. Without which, visas cannot be released. 

2go management said that it s not uncommon for such instructions to happen. 

Let s hope, this s temporary guys, and that it s not a serious thing. Those affected are d releases frm oct 7-10. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, anoras87 said:

I suspect ( i might be wrong) that it has something to do with the new public charge rule that will take effect tomorrow. 

To which that would mean Visa approvals are being recalled as well.  

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So no one in the Philippines is getting visas right now? I was under the impression it was only visas issued in a certain time period. The Oct 15 rule should have no bearing until the 15th. 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Fogi said:

So no one in the Philippines is getting visas right now? I was under the impression it was only visas issued in a certain time period. The Oct 15 rule should have no bearing until the 15th. 

I agree, it isn't a 15 Oct. issue ... as noted already, this has happened before.   And I was of the understanding it was only a select few packages that had to be returned.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The only wild card is that it is unknown how many visas it affected that didn't get out the door.   Could be some, could be none.

YMMV

I agree that it is not impacting everyone, and likely isn't related to the public charge rule change. It's likely either an administrative issue or something wrong with the printed visas. It's not the first time something like that has happened.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

48 minutes ago, Joyful8 said:

My husband’s visa on CEAC was issued October 7. I called 2go almost everyday to check if there was already a tracking number and his name was not in there system as of October 7-Oct 10. I called again yesterday Oct 14 and still not in their system. Does any of you had a tracking number from 2go? 

I got my 2go tracking no., frm d USEM's call center. Jst give your husband's passport details, birthday, case no., priority date, email used, for verification purposes. And also, be extra friendly. 😉

Jst tell d call rep u want to hav d tracking no., AND goodluck to us. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.