dom_lawrence

USEM recalled all visas issued frm oct 7-10

45 posts in this topic

Just to update - 2go has already returned d affected visas to USEM. As f d moment, they are at d embassy. It seems that it s not really d passports or visas but the accompanying docs that need re-checking. So guys, that d issued visas will be revoked is a remote possibility, and i dont think that it works that way. So let's continue praying, let s keep d faith👑

52 minutes ago, dom_lawrence said:

Just to update - 2go has already returned d affected visas to USEM. As f d moment, they are at d embassy. It seems that it s not really d passports or visas but the accompanying docs that need re-checking. So guys, that d issued visas will be revoked is a remote possibility, and i dont think that it works that way. So let's continue praying, let s keep d faith👑

How do you know this information about accompanying documents that needs rechecking?

Calling the Embassy telephone number does not get you a person from the actual Embassy. Those are just phone reps taking calls on behalf of the Embassy. They only know what the Embassy lets them know. I spoke to 4 or 5 different reps already and they all seem to have the same knowledge (or lack thereof) about this issue. Which is to tell all applicants inquiring, that all documents are being recalled for further checking and to please wait for further instructions from the Embassy. That technically can mean the passport or Visa needs rechecking. No turnaround time is given to them and they don't have details about why this recall has happened other than the general information I just explained.

My fiance received a call from an actual person from the Embassy when her visa and documents were in transit with 2go around the 10th. They asked her did she receive her visa yet and she told them no. Then they told her if she received the Visa and the Visa is for a different person, she should return it to the Embassy. Is it possible they are trying to locate a Visa they put in a wrong envelope by accident? Seems like a possibility.

Edited by JaoSync

On 10/14/2019 at 12:07 PM, geowrian said:

I agree that it is not impacting everyone, and likely isn't related to the public charge rule change. It's likely either an administrative issue or something wrong with the printed visas. It's not the first time something like that has happened.

Public Charge Rule did not go into effect on October 15th.

This is from the USCIS website " ALERT: On Oct. 11, 2019, judges in three separate cases before U.S. District Courts for the Southern District of New York (PDF)Northern District of California (PDF), and Eastern District of Washington (PDF) enjoined DHS from implementing and enforcing the final rule related to the public charge ground of inadmissibility under section 212(a)(4) of the Immigration and Nationality Act and postponed the effective date of the final rule until there is final resolution in the cases. Two of the injunctions are nationwide and prevent USCIS from implementing the rule anywhere in the United States."

9 minutes ago, JaoSync said:

Public Charge Rule did not go into effect on October 15th.

This is from the USCIS website " ALERT: On Oct. 11, 2019, judges in three separate cases before U.S. District Courts for the Southern District of New York (PDF)Northern District of California (PDF), and Eastern District of Washington (PDF) enjoined DHS from implementing and enforcing the final rule related to the public charge ground of inadmissibility under section 212(a)(4) of the Immigration and Nationality Act and postponed the effective date of the final rule until there is final resolution in the cases. Two of the injunctions are nationwide and prevent USCIS from implementing the rule anywhere in the United States."

That’s USCIS. DOS has adopted the key parts:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/Information-on-Public-Charge.html

The injunction was on DHS (which is responsible for USCIS), not DOS.

Edit: For clarity, DOS issues visas.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

21 hours ago, geowrian said:

That’s USCIS. DOS has adopted the key parts:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/Information-on-Public-Charge.html

The injunction was on DHS (which is responsible for USCIS), not DOS.

Edit: For clarity, DOS issues visas.

Sounds like it wasn't implemented by DOS also

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/public-charge-rule-judge-blocks-attempt-to-deny-green-cards-and-visas-to-low-income-immigrants/

15 minutes ago, JaoSync said:

The article incorrectly refers to visas being impacted. It only refers to the DHS rule. The current cases and injunctions were against DHS/USCIS.

DOS is still sitting firm on their own rule change. See the official link from DOS. That said, they are currently awaiting the updated form from DHS, so it is not implemented pending the new form being posted (likely days to couple weeks).

https://www.aila.org/advo-media/issues/all/public-charge-changes-at-uscis-doj-and-dos

Edit: But yes, it was not implemented yet due to the form. It also has not been blocked.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.