FauxExtrovert

Tourist Visa cancelled in transit

24 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, ineedadisplayname said:

They might check for Visa in passport/validity but the APIS check was most likely in Germany only.

The only airline i flew that checked my ESTA at the first flight (origin) was Austrian. 

The last couple of times Lufthansa and Turkish Airlines did the APIS check in Germany/Istanbul before boarding the USA bound flight. Ahh the agent updated my GC info in their system at the origin point because I screwed up the check in so needed to get a paper boarding pass and had the APIS check before boarding the USA bound flight. 

So this might be airline dependent when they actually check the system is you are allowed to board.

As I said in previous post, although I’m kinda surprised it’s not done where the boarding pass is first issued.

Airlines are probably stricter from SA as South Africans need visas to go most places. I have always had the visa/GC checked for the US leg from SA departure point as well, but I don’t know if it’s always only been visual or a full check. (It’s maybe worth noting that for some transit points the US visa negates the need for a transit visa, so definitely checked then too.) And as I said it’s always checked again at the transit point before departure. 

This is just a strange story all round, with CBP calling OP to try figure out why it was cancelled..never heard of that before.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
9 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

This is just a strange story all round, with CBP calling OP to try figure out why it was cancelled..never heard of that before.

Yeah that is weird... Maybe it was the airline's representative who called and they misunderstood who was calling..... There is no CBP (pre-clearance) in Germany as far as I know and the people who run the APIS check are regular airport/airline employees.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Maybe she wasn't properly checked into flight 1 by the airline and the airline cancelled flight 2 . ( they overbook everything so they like to account for no shows and give the seat away. )   Call the airline and see if /when that flight was cancelled.   

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Lesotho
Timeline
1 hour ago, ineedadisplayname said:

Yeah that is weird... Maybe it was the airline's representative who called and they misunderstood who was calling..... There is no CBP (pre-clearance) in Germany as far as I know and the people who run the APIS check are regular airport/airline employees.

The man I spoke with over the phone  introduced himself as a CBP Officer. There’s no way a regular airline employee can pull my information and know everything about me (how long I’ve been in the US, when I became a US Citizen etc)

30/07/09: Mailed signed G325A to Fiance
26/08/09: Mailed I-129F package to USCIS
03/09/09: Package Received
04/09/09: NOA1
14/09/09: NOA1 Hardcopy
25/11/09: NOA2
04/12/09: Case mailed from NVC to Embassy
07/12/09: Embassy mailed Packet 3
06/01/10: Still havent received Packet 3 in the mail
07/01/10: Emailed the embassy and discovered the adress on record is incorrect; Packet 3 was emailed to me as a PDF attachment
22/02/10: Emailed my checklist and DS-230
18/03/10: Medicals
23/03/10: Interview: Approved
25/03/10: Picking up passport
21/09/10: POE NY

01/12/10: Married
07/02/11: Sent out AOS Package
09/02/11: Package received
11/02/11: NOA1 (I-765, I-485, I-131)
11/04/11: Received EAD and AP Card

N-400

11/15/16: Mailed

52 minutes ago, NigeriaorBust said:

Maybe she wasn't properly checked into flight 1 by the airline and the airline cancelled flight 2 . ( they overbook everything so they like to account for no shows and give the seat away. )   Call the airline and see if /when that flight was cancelled.   

They issue boarding passes for both legs (and check bags to final destination) when you check in for flight 1, so I don’t think this was it -in any case it was a visa issue not a flight issue.

Edited by SusieQQQ

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Sorry about your mother... Must have been alot... However your claim won't get anywhere... US Visa is a preveledge. With no guarantees at all

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Timeline

Thank you for all the responses and input! The airline refunded about 75% of the ticket cost , I’m so grateful. I was bothering them every single day with phone calls and emails!!

07/01/10: Emailed the embassy and discovered the adress on record is incorrect; Packet 3 was emailed to me as a PDF attachment

N-400

4 minutes ago, LesP said:

Thank you for all the responses and input! The airline refunded about 75% of the ticket cost , I’m so grateful. I was bothering them every single day with phone calls and emails!!

That's great! So was it actually their fault then?

Timeline
7 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

That's great! So was it actually their fault then?

They didn’t admit to being at fault but my main question to them was “how did she even leave South Africa with a visa that wasn’t good?” 

N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.