TastyCake

Time between biometrics appointment letter and biometrics appointment

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Quick question for the board.  We got our NOA letters for 485, 765 and 131 last Friday.  I did some timeline checking for September filers (like us) and, if people are entering their dates correctly on their timelines (not a guarantee), it seems the time between NOA1 receipt and actual biometrics appointment is ranging between 21 and 28 days.  So maybe... maybe... we will have our biometrics appointment sometime between October 24 and November 1.

Question:  How soon after receiving the NOA1s did people get their biometrics appointment letter providing the day/time/location for the appointment?  In other words, how much of a 'heads up' are people getting?  I'm just looking for a barometer on this one.  Thanks in advance.

21 minutes ago, TastyCake said:

Quick question for the board.  We got our NOA letters for 485, 765 and 131 last Friday.  I did some timeline checking for September filers (like us) and, if people are entering their dates correctly on their timelines (not a guarantee), it seems the time between NOA1 receipt and actual biometrics appointment is ranging between 21 and 28 days.  So maybe... maybe... we will have our biometrics appointment sometime between October 24 and November 1.

Question:  How soon after receiving the NOA1s did people get their biometrics appointment letter providing the day/time/location for the appointment?  In other words, how much of a 'heads up' are people getting?  I'm just looking for a barometer on this one.  Thanks in advance.

HI,

I was a July filer but basically we filed on July 22 and received our NOA on August 1 with our scheduled biometrics appt on August 19. So basically we were given about 2 weeks notice of the appointment. Biometrics seems to be scheduled relatively fast. After biometrics we just received notice last week that our case is now going to the field office. That wait for interview is about 10-18 months for us in Norfolk, Virginia.

23 minutes ago, TastyCake said:

The time between NOA1 and the biometrics letters is hard to predict as it depends on the field office Application Support Center and how busy they are. For example, my Field office is Des Moines, Iowa and pretty much I have seen the biometrics letter come out about one month after the NOA1 for most stuff. However, I suspect in a more crowded office say LA county, it is longer.

As for how much time between the letter and the actual appointment, it's usually 2-4 weeks.

2 hours ago, TastyCake said:

If I recall correctly, my wife received her biometrics letter in the mail about 7-10 days after she received her NOA1. Her appointment is this week. So for us, her appointment is about 2 weeks after we got the letter and within 30 days of us filing our package of documents. Our field office for AOS is at a 11-24 month wait time.

our biometrics letter was about 2 weeks after the NOA hardcopies and for 2 weeks after we got the letter, roughly 1 month between the received date at the NBC and the actual biometrics appt

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
15 hours ago, USS_Voyager said:

The time between NOA1 and the biometrics letters is hard to predict as it depends on the field office Application Support Center and how busy they are. For example, my Field office is Des Moines, Iowa and pretty much I have seen the biometrics letter come out about one month after the NOA1 for most stuff. However, I suspect in a more crowded office say LA county, it is longer.

As for how much time between the letter and the actual appointment, it's usually 2-4 weeks.

^^^^ THIS.....

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.