9 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Rosemichelle said:

I checked my email today and our I-130 has been approved. This is my first time posting and I wanted to say that the VJ family is amazing. I have already started gathering my documents for the I-864 weeks ago; by reading the posts on VJ. I found this site in June 2019, after I had filed our I-130.

I just wanted to say thank you for all of the great advice you all give on VJ. I have made a few friends and I have also recommended the site to a few people. 

Congrats! 

Congrats!!

It's half a decade ago, but I still remember the day my I-130 was approved. It's an amazing feeling. You'll get through the rest as well, and then before you know you it, all this 'immigration stuff' will be a thing of the past.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, Rosemichelle said:

I checked my email today and our I-130 has been approved. This is my first time posting and I wanted to say that the VJ family is amazing. I have already started gathering my documents for the I-864 weeks ago; by reading the posts on VJ. I found this site in June 2019, after I had filed our I-130.

I just wanted to say thank you for all of the great advice you all give on VJ. I have made a few friends and I have also recommended the site to a few people. 

Congratulations, the wait is almost over

My first time posting but I have been reading through and getting useful informations.

My I130 for my wife has been approved and sent to NVC, its over 2 months now but I have not heard or received any notification from the NVC. I have also notified them by email, NVCINQUIRY and their portal ASK NVC but they have not said anything to me.  Call to their numbers don't go through. 

Please what am I supposed to do now or is there a better way to contact them. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Fortune1 said:

My first time posting but I have been reading through and getting useful informations.

My I130 for my wife has been approved and sent to NVC, its over 2 months now but I have not heard or received any notification from the NVC. I have also notified them by email, NVCINQUIRY and their portal ASK NVC but they have not said anything to me.  Call to their numbers don't go through. 

Please what am I supposed to do now or is there a better way to contact them. 

Best time to call then is right at the start of their work day. You can understand the process ahead of you and start gathering the documents by reading through the following link 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/after-petition-approved/begin-nat-visa-center.html

2 minutes ago, Lil bear said:

Best time to call then is right at the start of their work day. You can understand the process ahead of you and start gathering the documents by reading through the following link 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/after-petition-approved/begin-nat-visa-center.html

Thanks Lil Bear, their calendar shows they have created numbers for cases received before Aug 28, mine was approved  in July 30 and sent to them before that date.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 minute ago, Fortune1 said:

Thanks Lil Bear, their calendar shows they have created numbers for cases received before Aug 28, mine was approved  in July 30 and sent to them before that date.

Unfortunately the latest case they state they are working on doesn’t nt mean all cases before that have been processed. There is nothing more you can do to push it on ..  try to call NVC early in their work day ..  gather documents snd  prepare forms so that when you get your case number you are ready to go ! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.