CaliNY

OCTOBER 2019 AOS Filers

2,108 posts in this topic

anyone who did their biometrics in el monte USCIS here in california? 

I did mine for the second time because they cant read the first one. Did yours in the website of uscis updated the same day? Im just worried because it took them a month before they set for a second appointment. I just wanna make sure it takes time. because they did not ask me to sign again today. Im just wndring if they missed it. I ask the girl a lot of time if there is anything else she said everything is good.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Out of topic, more on technical question here. I received an email to remind me of updating my VJ timeline. As I tried to do so, it keeps telling me the order of my dates are not right or something. What are your thoughts about it. 

My timeline so far:

AOS filed: 10-10-2019

Noa received: 11-8-2019

Biometrics appointment: 11-25-2019

Screenshot_20191206-002003_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20191206-002007_Samsung Internet.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Kristina0394 said:

Biometrics appointment was November 12, then it says it has been completed, nothing more from them since that, no scheduling for any interview. Anybody else with same situation?

Most people are here are in the same situation. It is a 6 months plus process 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Kristina0394 said:

Six months counts from what stage?

For the whole entire process of AOS. I do not see a timeline for AOS ; you would benefit from getting one. It depends on the field office your  AOS process is going through. Most AOS cases are taking 6 months plus until interview. So far, there is a wait after biometrics and no one really can tell when there will be an update on your case. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Kristina0394 said:

MSC I believe.

MSC is the Missouri Service Center or National Benefits Center but all cases go there and then they get transferred to a field office depending on your zip code. Go to the USCIS website and look up AOS field office using your zip code. After that, go to the USCIS processing times for I-485 and using the field office from your current location. You will get a roughly estimate about how much time your case could potentially take.

Edited by Martha R
Correct

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Martha R said:

MSC is the Missouri Service Center or National Benefits Center but all cases go there and then they get transferred to a field office depending on your zip code. Go to the USCIS website and look up AOS field office using your zip code. After that, go to the USCIS processing times for I-485 and using the field office from your current location. You will get a roughly estimate about how much time your case could potentially take.

I did and it just showed me like 25 months. If that is a joke, it is a very bad joke that is not fun.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Kristina0394 said:

I did and it just showed me like 25 months. If that is a joke, it is a very bad joke that is not fun.

What is a joke? I am sorry you are feeling that way. Unfortunately, it can be a long process and waiting is part of it. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Kristina0394 said:

That's an average estimate. You can also check here on VJ timelines from the same local office as yours to have a better estimate. But be aware that AOS can take from 2 months to 2.5 years. It all depends on your local office.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kristina0394 said:

AOS from a K-1 usually is a little faster than the lower end of the range they give for family-based AOS at your field office.

Also worth noting, EAD & AP are not related to your field office (no matter how often it seems like people get their combo card in the period between when their interview was scheduled and when they get their actual GC); they're processed entirely at the National Benefits Center (MSC).

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Timeline
6 minutes ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

AOS from a K-1 usually is a little faster than the lower end of the range they give for family-based AOS at your field office.

Also worth noting, EAD & AP are not related to your field office (no matter how often it seems like people get their combo card in the period between when their interview was scheduled and when they get their actual GC); they're processed entirely at the National Benefits Center (MSC).

All I want is to get the right to work. Kinda hard living on one single income. Looks like those who pass laws do not know the life. You have to work to live.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Kristina0394 said:

All I want is to get the right to work. Kinda hard living on one single income. Looks like those who pass laws do not know the life. You have to work to live.

Agreed ^ 

It's driving me insane not to work and earn an income. Miss it so much. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.