CaliNY

OCTOBER 2019 AOS Filers

2,108 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Christina1234 said:

We applied for my husband’s SSN before we got married. He wasn’t in the system even though we waited a month before we applied. They sent it off to get verified and I checked the save system and saw it was returned to the ssa office verified but have yet to receive the card. They told us the process can take up to 4 weeks and if we don’t receive it to come back. We plan on going up there on Monday. 

Yes that's right closer to 5 weeks. Took us 5 weeks but the card eventually  came. Very good.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

3 hours ago, Nafisa Zaripova said:

I did

Did you get it?

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

1 hour ago, Carmina Kidd said:

I've updated my timeline on here with as much and accurate info as i have found in my records. Hope that helps.

Very good thank you

Citizenship Complete!

1 hour ago, JCo said:

Hi! I had the same issue and even took 2 months for me calling and going to the SSA office to follow it up. I got tired of waiting so I researced and found a way by contacting DHS, and the agent told me what to do. Turned out they had already responded to my case inquiry back on Sept 9. I went to the SSA just this Tue and "guided" them on what to do so they could find my case. And yes, it was there asking them to submit the documents which I aslo gave them when I applied on Sept 3rd. So now, another 2 weeks of waiting again.

Anyway, if they tell you that there's still no update in their system, tell them to log into SAVE and check there coz u already saw that it was already verified. Hope everything works out for you. 

You should be working at SSA, I was just asking had folks done it. We done it got the card but had hassle too.

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline
50 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Did you get it?

Yes got it without any problems in 3 weeks!

Had to go back to change it after getting married and this time wait was longer. After not getting anything in 4 weeks I called SS office and found out that card was sent back to SS office because my name wasn't on our mailbox. The lady on the phone said some postmen do that. They sent it back to me and I got it in a week after calling them

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, JCo said:

Hi! I had the same issue and even took 2 months for me calling and going to the SSA office to follow it up. I got tired of waiting so I researced and found a way by contacting DHS, and the agent told me what to do. Turned out they had already responded to my case inquiry back on Sept 9. I went to the SSA just this Tue and "guided" them on what to do so they could find my case. And yes, it was there asking them to submit the documents which I aslo gave them when I applied on Sept 3rd. So now, another 2 weeks of waiting again.

Anyway, if they tell you that there's still no update in their system, tell them to log into SAVE and check there coz u already saw that it was already verified. Hope everything works out for you. 

I’m in the same situation! What is the number for DHS that you called?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, 5kf1 said:

I’m in the same situation! What is the number for DHS that you called?

888-4644218. Be ready with your case verification number which u can get from SAVE.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ivory Coast
Timeline
13 hours ago, Carmina Kidd said:

Hi. When did you mail, and when was the mail received by USCIS?

I mailed on the 10/10 packet received on 10/12 and text received 10/31 also check cashed 10/31

Edited by Lyn and andy

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
11 hours ago, JCo said:

Oh wow! That is so helpful!!! I can’t believe you have to wait another two weeks. That’s ridiculous!!! I guess I’ll have to guide them too! Many thanks to you! I truly appreciate it!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Bit confused about i693. Do we need to include that form along with the DS3025? Do we actually need to have it signed by civil surgeon? Didn't see it in any cover letters posted by VJers. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
22 hours ago, jcracked52 said:

Mine also received 10/11 around 10 am, and signed by J.Harper as well. I am still waiting. No checks cashed yet either.

Do a google search "J Harper USCIS" he is legit 😂

Hey, have you received any yet?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.