dnavinnie

Certificate of marriage from PSA

33 posts in this topic

I need some advice on how to expedite a certificate of marriage from the PSA so I can start the visa process for my wife. We were married on 6-5-19 and made sure the certificate of marriage was taken to the local civil registrar. We were told it would take 90 days to get the certified copy from the marriage registry. My wife went to the PSA yesterday and they told her to come back in December! Can anyone tell me who to go to that we can pay to expedite this? Thank you for any help.

It's a process. 

I had to get my wife to get the marriage contract endorsed by the municipality hall. Once she got that. I sent her to PSA manila to fill the paperwork. The muni hall had sent an email to PSA Manila that they were going to be expecting her. 

Now what I did idk if it's normal but I wasn't having any craziness. 

The endorsement had a fee I don't remember exactly. 

Honestly I forgot the details, and my wife who's on video chat right now just remembers us doing that.. I am sure there was more steps, but the municipality hall should be able to give you more details. Just let them know that you want to expedite. They'll give you instructions. One day they will hit the internet age and they won't have to send everything to one central location. 

Edit: I didn't want to ignore the post since I know it's morning now over at the Philippines. So have her head over to the Muni. Hall. I am sure others will eventually wake up and answer too  :) 

Edited by JMPM

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

10 minutes ago, JMPM said:

It's a process. 

I had to get my wife to get the marriage contract endorsed by the municipality hall. Once she got that. I sent her to PSA manila to fill the paperwork. The muni hall had sent an email to PSA Manila that they were going to be expecting her. 

Now what I did idk if it's normal but I wasn't having any craziness. 

The endorsement had a fee I don't remember exactly. 

Honestly I forgot the details, and my wife who's on video chat right now just remembers us doing that.. I am sure there was more steps, but the municipality hall should be able to give you more details. Just let them know that you want to expedite. They'll give you instructions. One day they will hit the internet age and they won't have to send everything to one central location. 

Edit: I didn't want to ignore the post since I know it's morning now over at the Philippines. So have her head over to the Muni. Hall. I am sure others will eventually wake up and answer too  :) 

Thanks for your help. She is going to her local municipality today to see if someone there can help us. She is on Mindanao. 

2 minutes ago, dnavinnie said:

Thanks for your help. She is going to her local municipality today to see if someone there can help us. She is on Mindanao. 

You're welcome. I am sure once people wake up they will give a better account.

It was a whirlwind getting married last year. I know it's supposed to take about a month, but the church there had let us take some shortcuts. I was in and out of the Philippines in 15 days. I had gone from landing to Cebu @ 1AM being at the Cebu Consulate later in the morning, then hopping on a ferry to Southern Leyte in the evening. Following day straight to the Muni. Hall to start the paperwork. Then to the church to get the ball rolling. I had to get confirmation done. Apparently I wasn't confirmed. It was a rush to everything done. Then we got married and I left the next day :(  LOL It didn't feel like a vacation on that visit.

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Ask your wife to go to the office of the local civil registrar where u got married and request to expedite the marriage certificate from PSA. Any transactions made make sure that ONLY the staff of civil registry office will assist you. 

My fiance and I are planning to get married by Jan. next year and we make sure that we know what to do before hand. So I advice you to browse and keep reading on internet coz I will be a great help too. Godbless your relationship. 😊

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, dnavinnie said:

I need some advice on how to expedite a certificate of marriage from the PSA so I can start the visa process for my wife. We were married on 6-5-19 and made sure the certificate of marriage was taken to the local civil registrar. We were told it would take 90 days to get the certified copy from the marriage registry. My wife went to the PSA yesterday and they told her to come back in December! Can anyone tell me who to go to that we can pay to expedite this? Thank you for any help.

You didn't request an expedite at the LCR when your filed your marriage certificate ?  (not sure of the fee)  That is the only thing I am away of to speed things up.   I know of one person from here on VJ that got the LCR to expedite their processing to PSA, but they were in the metro Manila area.   Here is the info I have, it is getting a little dated as it still mentions NSO not PSA:

Advance Endorsement Process for PSA Marriage Certificate

Requirements:

Certified Copy of Marriage Contract from Local Civil Register (LCR)
Endorsement Letter to PSA from LCR
OCRG copy of Marriage Contract
Courier Receipt
Process:

Note: Do this as soon as you get your copy of the Marriage Contract from LCR.

Request at Local Civil Register for Advance Endorsement to PSA.
Present Contract from Local Civil Register (LCR) to official.
LCR will prepare the Endorsement Letter and OCRG copy of MC.
Pay the corresponding fee. (I paid Php 40.00 only).
Get the Endorsement Letter and OCRG copy, photocopy the documents and keep the photocopies.
Enclose the ORIGINAL Endorsement Letter and OCRG Copy of MC in a brown envelope.
Address the envelope to the addressee indicated on the letter and send this to the NSO Main Office using next-day delivery. (I used LBC and paid Php 150.00)
Keep the courier receipt.
Next day: Proceed to the PSA Main Office at East Ave., Quezon City (near SSS and LTO Main) Map: 

Upon entering the building, ask where to go for advance endorsements. It’s at the back of the building.
Go to the helpdesk and present the Courier Receipt and photocopy of letter and OCRG copy.
Depending on what day you went, there is already a set schedule for releases so be as early as possible! Helpdesk will give you a form to fill out where you can request the number of copies (Php 140 each).
Proceed to Cashier Window to submit form and pay. The date and time of release and pick-up will be stamped at the back of the receipt. It’s usually 2-3 weeks from the date you sent the documents to NSO.
On the date and time of release, go to the same building, give your receipt and wait for your name to be called. Be ready for a valid ID to present upon pick up of the NSO Marriage Certificate at Window 29.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

7 hours ago, Hank_ said:

You didn't request an expedite at the LCR when your filed your marriage certificate ?  (not sure of the fee)  That is the only thing I am away of to speed things up.   I know of one person from here on VJ that got the LCR to expedite their processing to PSA, but they were in the metro Manila area.   Here is the info I have, it is getting a little dated as it still mentions NSO not PSA:

Advance Endorsement Process for PSA Marriage Certificate

Requirements:

Certified Copy of Marriage Contract from Local Civil Register (LCR)
Endorsement Letter to PSA from LCR
OCRG copy of Marriage Contract
Courier Receipt
Process:

Note: Do this as soon as you get your copy of the Marriage Contract from LCR.

Request at Local Civil Register for Advance Endorsement to PSA.
Present Contract from Local Civil Register (LCR) to official.
LCR will prepare the Endorsement Letter and OCRG copy of MC.
Pay the corresponding fee. (I paid Php 40.00 only).
Get the Endorsement Letter and OCRG copy, photocopy the documents and keep the photocopies.
Enclose the ORIGINAL Endorsement Letter and OCRG Copy of MC in a brown envelope.
Address the envelope to the addressee indicated on the letter and send this to the NSO Main Office using next-day delivery. (I used LBC and paid Php 150.00)
Keep the courier receipt.
Next day: Proceed to the PSA Main Office at East Ave., Quezon City (near SSS and LTO Main) Map: 

Upon entering the building, ask where to go for advance endorsements. It’s at the back of the building.
Go to the helpdesk and present the Courier Receipt and photocopy of letter and OCRG copy.
Depending on what day you went, there is already a set schedule for releases so be as early as possible! Helpdesk will give you a form to fill out where you can request the number of copies (Php 140 each).
Proceed to Cashier Window to submit form and pay. The date and time of release and pick-up will be stamped at the back of the receipt. It’s usually 2-3 weeks from the date you sent the documents to NSO.
On the date and time of release, go to the same building, give your receipt and wait for your name to be called. Be ready for a valid ID to present upon pick up of the NSO Marriage Certificate at Window 29.

We left on our honeymoon the day after our wedding and the judge's office was going to submit the documents for us. I just found out my wife never followed up to expedite. 

14 hours ago, JMPM said:

You're welcome. I am sure once people wake up they will give a better account.

It was a whirlwind getting married last year. I know it's supposed to take about a month, but the church there had let us take some shortcuts. I was in and out of the Philippines in 15 days. I had gone from landing to Cebu @ 1AM being at the Cebu Consulate later in the morning, then hopping on a ferry to Southern Leyte in the evening. Following day straight to the Muni. Hall to start the paperwork. Then to the church to get the ball rolling. I had to get confirmation done. Apparently I wasn't confirmed. It was a rush to everything done. Then we got married and I left the next day :(  LOL It didn't feel like a vacation on that visit.

Wow...you really did good! I also went thru Cebu Consulate and on to Iligan City but I had a month to get everything done. My wife had to work Friday so she is going to the local municipality on Monday to see if someone can expedite it for us.

7 hours ago, MaylovePat23 said:

Ask your wife to go to the office of the local civil registrar where u got married and request to expedite the marriage certificate from PSA. Any transactions made make sure that ONLY the staff of civil registry office will assist you. 

My fiance and I are planning to get married by Jan. next year and we make sure that we know what to do before hand. So I advice you to browse and keep reading on internet coz I will be a great help too. Godbless your relationship. 😊

Good luck to you.

Timeline
1 hour ago, dnavinnie said:

We left on our honeymoon the day after our wedding and the judge's office was going to submit the documents for us. I just found out my wife never followed up to expedite. 

Without a "helping hand" I have heard it can take 4 months or more ...  Welcome to the Philippines.  ;)  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

We were able to request the expedite for no additional cost but we had to ask before the LCR sent the certificate to PSA.  It took us exactly 1 month to get the PSA marriage certificate.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

There are ways to get things done quicker over there. My fiance's moms name was misspelled on her birth certificate. We wanted it corrected before filing. $50 got it done in 2 weeks what normally takes 2 months. 

1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

Without a "helping hand" I have heard it can take 4 months or more ...  Welcome to the Philippines.  ;)  

I'm finding out the hard way. It's been 3 months already.

Timeline

I am not much for fixxors ... but facilitators are priceless.   We hired a gal to help get the Extradicals of Sale processed for our land, she knew all the ins and outs, plus tons of people in low places  ;)  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
1 hour ago, dnavinnie said:

I'm finding out the hard way. It's been 3 months already.

At 3 months I would almost think it is sitting in a stack at PSA

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.