dnavinnie

Certificate of marriage from PSA

33 posts in this topic

On 10/3/2019 at 10:33 PM, Hank_ said:

You didn't request an expedite at the LCR when your filed your marriage certificate ?  (not sure of the fee)  That is the only thing I am away of to speed things up. 

You have to do it in the very beginning at the LCR like Hank said. If they said 90 days they were being nice. Depending on where the LCR is, it could be much longer.

7 hours ago, RO_AH said:

You have to do it in the very beginning at the LCR like Hank said. If they said 90 days they were being nice. Depending on where the LCR is, it could be much longer.

Thanks...I need to pay more attention to all of the details..

As a follow-up question does anyone have any experience on submitting the I-130 petition with the initial marriage certificate? I have the marriage certificate signed by the judge. We will have the registered copy by the time she gets her interview.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, dnavinnie said:

As a follow-up question does anyone have any experience on submitting the I-130 petition with the initial marriage certificate? I have the marriage certificate signed by the judge. We will have the registered copy by the time she gets her interview.

Talk to John & Rose  .. they just finished if you want fresh info.

https://www.uscis.gov/i-130

https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-130instr.pdf?download=1

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/uscis-petition-process.html

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

Thank...I will ask them.

On 10/7/2019 at 7:08 AM, dnavinnie said:

I waited for the PSA. I made the mistake of not requesting an expedite. I thought about submitting it with the LCR certificate signed by the judge but decided not to. My belief is that they would send and RFE and hopefully by that time you will have the PSA one.

Timeline

USCIS may not react to an LCR marriage certificate, but when the petition got to USEM they could make an issue out of it not being a certified copy of the marriage certificate (which is what the PSA copy is) and if they did they could very well sent the petition back to USCIS ...   just seems I heard of them doing that to someone a couple years ago.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

6 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

USCIS may not react to an LCR marriage certificate, but when the petition got to USEM they could make an issue out of it not being a certified copy of the marriage certificate (which is what the PSA copy is) and if they did they could very well sent the petition back to USCIS ...   just seems I heard of them doing that to someone a couple years ago.

That makes sense. I believe the USEM will accept no documents unless they are from PSA. I think USCIS is less familiar with the type of documents for individual countries

21 hours ago, RO_AH said:

I waited for the PSA. I made the mistake of not requesting an expedite. I thought about submitting it with the LCR certificate signed by the judge but decided not to. My belief is that they would send and RFE and hopefully by that time you will have the PSA one.

I guess I should wait. I'm so sick of waiting I just want to get the process going but the delay might be longer than the time it will take to get the certified copy. Thanks.

21 hours ago, RO_AH said:

I should do the same. Thanks.

Timeline
52 minutes ago, dnavinnie said:

I guess I should wait. I'm so sick of waiting I just want to get the process going but the delay might be longer than the time it will take to get the certified copy. Thanks.

:thumbs:  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

During the nvc phase they ask for civil documents again. 

On both sides part of my AOS and her civil document section. I'm not sure why they did but they did. 

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

12 hours ago, dnavinnie said:

I was married om 10'04/2017. We now have a one year old and a newborn 5 months old today. It is a very long process. My slow downs were the PSA certificate ind the infamous Nebraska service center. I am thinking that she could probably make it here early next year, but since we have waited so long already we decided to make the move after our 2nd son's first birthday so we can have his party there. If you get stuck in Nebraska let me know because there is a trick to getting through there much quicker. My wait was just short of a year.

Timeline
6 hours ago, JMPM said:

During the nvc phase they ask for civil documents again. 

On both sides part of my AOS and her civil document section. I'm not sure why they did but they did. 

Different departments.   You will provide documents for NVC and then the embassy that are the same  .. be prepared ;)  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
1 hour ago, RO_AH said:

I was married om 10'04/2017. We now have a one year old and a newborn 5 months old today. It is a very long process. My slow downs were the PSA certificate ind the infamous Nebraska service center. I am thinking that she could probably make it here early next year, but since we have waited so long already we decided to make the move after our 2nd son's first birthday so we can have his party there. If you get stuck in Nebraska let me know because there is a trick to getting through there much quicker. My wait was just short of a year.

You got both passports for your youngin's ?

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.