PolarPear

I-751 October Filers

311 posts in this topic

It looks like my RFE is for biometrics?! Did I maybe miss this letter? I filed in OCT through LIN. 

I am off work monday so do you guys know if they let people do walk in's if we have a letter with an RFE requesting biometrics

F(1) Student on OPT doing AOS

12/05/2016 --> Package sent to Chicago lockbox

12/07/2016 --> Package Delivered

12/15/2016 --> Checks Cashed!

12/16/2016 --> Electronic NOA recieved 23:31

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
21 hours ago, sausa said:

It looks like my RFE is for biometrics?! Did I maybe miss this letter? I filed in OCT through LIN. 

I am off work monday so do you guys know if they let people do walk in's if we have a letter with an RFE requesting biometrics

We also filed in Oct and just yesterday rec’d the appointment letter for biometrics. 

Are you saying the letter you rec’d was not the appointment letter for biometrics and was instead an RFE?it sometimes just takes them awhile to send you your biometrics appt letter. It doesn’t necessarily happen for everyone immediately after filing. I saw someone else on this thread who filed same time as us and are assigned to same center also just rec’d their biometrics appt letter.

------------------------------

2016-11-02 Filed I-129F

2016-11-04 NOA1

2017-02-02 NOA2

2017-03-03 Rec'd by NVC

2017-03-06 Assigned NVC #

2017-03-07 Left NVC

2017-03-09 Rec'd by Consulate

2017-03-20 Medical

2017-04-20 Interview

2017-04-27 Visa issued

Timeline

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, sausa said:

The RFE was just for biometrics. Did a walk in and sent it back. Card in production yesterday . Good luck everyone!🙃

Wow. That's a fast turn around on your I-751. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, sausa said:

The RFE was just for biometrics. Did a walk in and sent it back. Card in production yesterday . Good luck everyone!🙃

That was FAST! Congrats 😃

2016-11-02 Filed I-129F

2016-11-04 NOA1

2017-02-02 NOA2

2017-03-03 Rec'd by NVC

2017-03-07 Left NVC

2017-03-20 Medical

2017-04-20 Interview

2017-04-27 Visa issued

Timeline

On 1/22/2020 at 6:35 PM, sausa said:

Congrats!
I saw your location is Los Angeles?! Is your service center CSC then? 

I’m also CSC and about to hit 4 months of wait time and haven’t even heard anything about my biometrics yet. 🤔

45 minutes ago, Californiansunset said:

Congrats!
I saw your location is Los Angeles?! Is your service center CSC then? 

I’m also CSC and about to hit 4 months of wait time and haven’t even heard anything about my biometrics yet. 🤔

Every now and then, one case would be picked up for training purposes or luckily a case skip the line. That lucky person usually gets 3-4 months adjudicating time unlike the rest of us. Don't focus on that, that is abnormal. Majority of people will wait anywhere from 11-15 months to hear something.

Biometrics don't really change anything. They randomly send them out (YSC sent punch of Biometrics app for people two weeks ago from different months and different states). You might get one soon, or in 6-8 months when they pick your file. Don't stress over it, and just make sure you are getting all your mail. 

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just had my biometrics taken last Friday. Case updated Monday to show "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken", so I guess now I can dig in and start the main portion of my wait.

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

My husband had his biometrics appt on 1/21, but his case status never updated. Anyone else have that happen? 

2016-11-02 Filed I-129F

2016-11-04 NOA1

2017-02-02 NOA2

2017-03-03 Rec'd by NVC

2017-03-07 Left NVC

2017-03-20 Medical

2017-04-20 Interview

2017-04-27 Visa issued

Timeline

• 1 month later...

Received an update this morning:

Case Was Received At My Local Office

On May 04, 2020, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number SRCxxxxxxxxxx, at your local office.

This is only shown on the new site, the old site still shows Fingerprints Received.

Not sure if this is related, but I see the following on the USCIS workload transfer website here:

We transferred some of the following cases from the Texas Service Center to various USCIS Field Offices:

• Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence

So may be nothing.  Curious if other SRC people received the same.

10 minutes ago, Kon said:

This is only shown on the new site, the old site still shows Fingerprints Received.

Not sure if this is related, but I see the following on the USCIS workload transfer website here:

i got the same message today.

6/4/20             Approved

10/30/2019    I-751 accepted  SRC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, gp123 said:

i got the same message today.

3 hours ago, Kon said:

What are your receipt numbers? Just omit the last three digits. It will help tracks all the transfers. For example SRC2090008871 was received at the local office

Edited by tu2008

26 minutes ago, tu2008 said:

What are your receipt numbers? Just omit the last three digits. It will help tracks all the transfers. For example SRC2090008871 was received at the local office

SRC2090025xxx

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
2 minutes ago, gp123 said:

SRC2090035xxx okc

My local office is OKC too, but I filed my ROC in March 2020. So I have a long wait ahead. OKC office was superfast for AoS - my interview and approval was done in 80 days from filing. Hope your RoC gets approved soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.