2,997 posts in this topic

For the ones who have reached out to congressmen for help, how long did it take for them to get in touch with USCIS and back to you? 
TIA! 

08/2017 - Married USC

09/2017 - Application for I-485, I-765, I-131

12/2017 - Approval  I-765, I-131

09/2018 Renewal application for I-765, I-131

04/2019 - I-485 interview scheduled 

04/2019 - I-485 denied, husband withdrew

05/2019 - Application for  I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 

12/2019 EAD, AP approval

07/2020 EAD, AP renewal sent to Vermont

10/2020 EAD, AP Approval

11/2020 VAWA I-360 Approved (C31 produced)

01/2021 I-360 status changed to case approved

03/2021 - I-693 deficient notice from national benefit center

17 minutes ago, Ana FL said:

For the ones who have reached out to congressmen for help, how long did it take for them to get in touch with USCIS and back to you? 
TIA! 

For me 2 business days

20 minutes ago, Ana FL said:

TIA! 

Depends I went in person they contacted USCIS when I was in their office, and I got an answer right there, Few days passed I email them proof they contacted me 3 days later to confirm everything was received and accepted by USCIS. I am in NYC. 

Edited by FeDaniela

24 minutes ago, Ana FL said:

TIA! 

Hi dear!😀 one time I went in person..they called USCIS right there and I got closure! But now with e-mails.. Anytime from 3days up..could be even weeks before you get response!💁

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

hello everyone,

I applied for Vawa last May 2019 I got my receipt notice, My EAD combo card based on my marriage expired in august 2019. I would like to renew my combo card since my i485 based on my old petition is still pending and I haven't got my interview yet, I am kinda of confused where to send my renewal form is it Vermont or Chicago. when I called Uscis couple of times some of them telling me Chicago other ones are telling me Vermont. I am confused now

thanks

5 minutes ago, Walidqa said:

hello everyone,

I applied for Vawa last May 2019 I got my receipt notice, My EAD combo card based on my marriage expired in august 2019. I would like to renew my combo card since my i485 based on my old petition is still pending and I haven't got my interview yet, I am kinda of confused where to send my renewal form is it Vermont or Chicago. when I called Uscis couple of times some of them telling me Chicago other ones are telling me Vermont. I am confused now

thanks

Vermont happens to be the correct place!👍 If you've been reading posts here..you'll see it's the right place since you've petitioned for i360! Sandra the attorney here has said it too a million times!💁

11 minutes ago, Walidqa said:

hello everyone,

thanks

If you have a pending VAWA case due to the VAWA Confidentiality Provision everything involving you and your cases is must be sent to VERMONT SERVICES CENTER, Even if you sent renewal to  CHICAGO they will redirected to Vermont (it can take months) once they see your have a pending I-360. This is a matter of protection and privacy only handles by Vermont Services Center.  Even if your I-485 was initially file at Chicago and you interview is schedule once the officer see the I-360 receipt he will also sent your I-485 to be further process by Vermont if he decided on his own discretion. 

Edited by FeDaniela

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Ana FL said:

TIA! 

I contacted my congressman in boca raton  two weeks ago and they still haven’t got an answer from USCIS... I think it takes some time at least for palm beach county 

34 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Hi dear!😀 one time I went in person..they called USCIS right there and I got closure! But now with e-mails.. Anytime from 3days up..could be even weeks before you get response!💁

Ohh I got it. I’ll wait until the end of the week and if I don’t hear back I’ll stop by their office next Monday! Thank you so much! 

08/2017 - Married USC

12/2019 EAD, AP approval

10/2020 EAD, AP Approval

3 minutes ago, nap_o said:

I contacted my congressman in boca raton  two weeks ago and they still haven’t got an answer from USCIS... I think it takes some time at least for palm beach county 

Ohh I’m in Miami-Dade. Sent them the signed release form last Wednesday.. 

08/2017 - Married USC

12/2019 EAD, AP approval

10/2020 EAD, AP Approval

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
1 minute ago, Ana FL said:

Ohh I’m in Miami-Dade. Sent them the signed release form last Wednesday.. 

I’ve done Miami before too. Donna shalala. They took almost 1 month to reply 

Edited by nap_o

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good Morning Everyone!

My combo card is expiring on April 2020.

My lawyer is charging me 250 usd each (Atty’s fee)for the renewal. 

Is work and travel permit should filed separately? I thought this is combo.

Appreciate your answer.

1 minute ago, Charlotte18 said:

Good Morning Everyone!

My combo card is expiring on April 2020.

My lawyer is charging me 250 usd each (Atty’s fee)for the renewal. 

Is work and travel permit should filed separately? I thought this is combo.

Appreciate your answer.

Like it says 'combo' it's one card two benefits! I wonder why your attorney wants to play dirty! If you have the money go ahead and get your stuff done, if not.. Put your foot down and negotiate with him reasonably!💁👍

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.