2,997 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, banana02 said:

Good morning everyone. My I-360 this morning got the status "new card has been produced". What card is meant? It can't be a green card?

We sent documents after the request for additional evidences end of October and today this is the update.

Who knows what card? And what generally does this mean? The case approved or what?

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!Β 

PS: I was thinking what if this is an EAC, but I got my EAC in August. They can send the second one? But this is too early.. I'm confused.

Also if you don't mind posting your timeline for those still waiting to have an idea of wait times..it sure helps even though every case is different!πŸ‘

5 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

You're very welcome my dear. I don't think it will take as long as you mentioned LOL😁 it's only NYC that I've seen such long wait times...you should be fine..where are you located?

I live in Maryland and i thin my case is being handled by the Vermont service centerΒ 

2 minutes ago, Ranran27 said:

Even if them still in the process time ? It’s not too early?

If you contact USCIS when you're not out of processing time, they will tell you it is still within processing times but if your case is clearly out of processing times, they will respond/act accordingly as to why it's delaying!πŸ’

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
44 minutes ago, sandranj said:

Conract your congressperson to inquire in your behalf.

Mine took 5 months to get transferredΒ 

4 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

All i360 is handled/processed at the Vermont Center!😊 but your i485 will be transferred to your local office!πŸ‘

how can i find out who which one is my local office and do i have to do anything in regards my I485 or as soon as my VAWA petition is approved they will transfer my pending I485 and will hopefully schedule a interview in the near futureΒ 

6 minutes ago, Apolo said:

how can i find out who which one is my local office and do i have to do anything in regards my I485 or as soon as my VAWA petition is approved they will transfer my pending I485 and will hopefully schedule a interview in the near futureΒ 

You can use your zip code to find out your local office on the USCIS field office locator site. Usually when your i360 is approved, they transfer your i485 to the local office to schedule you for interview when a slot becomes available!πŸ‘

13 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Also if you don't mind posting your timeline for those still waiting to have an idea of wait times..it sure helps even though every case is different!πŸ‘

Thank you so much everyone for the kind words!! It has been a rocky way of a single mother surviving in NYC..

But made me so much stronger!

Β 

My timeline:

3/2018 filed I-360, I-485 and I-765 (my lawyers mistakenly filed it under C31) for me and my sonΒ 

ONLY 3/2019 THANKS to this forum I found out that my lawyers had to file I-765 under C09 and this was the reason I was without EAC for SO long!

3/2019 they filed the new I-765 but made a lot of mistakes and it got back..

only 5/2019 the new forms were accepted

I received my EAC pretty fast after that in 8/2019

At the same time end of August we received request for additional evidences for my I-360

In the end of October we sent the documents back

today 12/5 I received this notification that the card was produced!!!!

----
HOWEVER there is something that worries me. My son's case also received request for additional evidences for some reason. He was not present with me at the time of abuse, BUT he is only 9 years old and is a minor. Should he not receive documents together with me?

Lawyers sent the documentation yesterday with my affidavit and few other affidavits to support. But it doesn't make sense to me. Why do they ask questions?

So his case is yet to be approved. Which is very weird.

Β 

2 minutes ago, banana02 said:

Thank you so much everyone for the kind words!! It has been a rocky way of a single mother surviving in NYC..

Β 

My timeline:

3/2018 filed I-360, I-485 and I-765 (my lawyers mistakenly filed it under C31) for me and my sonΒ 

ONLY 3/2019 THANKS to this forum I found out that my lawyers had to file I-765 under C09 and this was the reason I was without EAC for SO long!

At the same time end of August we received request for additional evidences for my I-360

----
HOWEVER there is something that worries me. My son's case also received request for additional evidences for some reason. He was not present with me at the time of abuse, BUT he is only 9 years old and is a minor. Should he not receive documents together with me?

Lawyers sent the documentation yesterday with my affidavit and few other affidavits to support. But it doesn't make sense to me. Why do they ask questions?

Β 

Thanks. Glad you're approved after all you've been through! You're using an attorney..what did he say about only you getting approved? They probably will send his own approval shortly after yours! I'm in NYC too..a few people here also..patience is our best friend out here..long wait times for i485...πŸ’

22 minutes ago, banana02 said:

Β 

My timeline:

----

Β 

my attorney did the same thing with my initial package. he used c31 instead of c09 but within 3 months, i received c09 ead.Β 

8 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

You can use your zip code to find out your local office on the USCIS field office locator site. Usually when your i360 is approved, they transfer your i485 to the local office to schedule you for interview when a slot becomes available!πŸ‘

does it make a difference if you are a married to a USC or to a GC older. and thank you Stillwinning!!!😊  thank you for all your help and information. Do you sudjst i contact tem or contact my congressman for assistance?

3 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Thanks. Glad you're approved after all you've been through! You're using an attorney..what did he say about only you getting approved? They probably will send his own approval shortly after yours! I'm in NYC too..a few people here also..patience is our best friend out here..long wait times for i485...πŸ’

My lawyers even don't tell me this means the approval.. I check every single document after them and collected all the evidences myself paper by paper..

They made me collect weird paperwork for my son.. however why should we at all prove my son's abuse? He is my dependent.

Well why I come to this forum. Because only here I can get at least some valid information.

5 minutes ago, banana02 said:

My lawyers even don't tell me this means the approval.. I check every single document after them and collected all the evidences myself paper by paper..

They made me collect weird paperwork for my son.. however why should we at all prove my son's abuse? He is my dependent.

Well why I come to this forum. Because only here I can get at least some valid information.

You're right there's more valid info here than with most of our attorneys period! There are some people in your peculiar situation..I hope they come through for you..but usually when you're approved for i485..and are in possession of your greencard, you can file for your son...most attorneys don't know much about VAWA sadly! Stick around here..you'll be glad you did!πŸ‘

6 minutes ago, Apolo said:

does it make a difference if you are a married to a USC or to a GC older. and thank you Stillwinning!!!😊  thank you for all your help and information. Do you sudjst i contact tem or contact my congressman for assistance?

I always welcome every avenue for help! So yes you should contact your congressman to enquire on your behalf..(you can google the info) the only time it makes a difference been married to a USC or greencard holder is that with a USC you don't need to wait for a visa number to become available to file i485 and you can always apply for EAD C9 before adjudication of your i360 but with a greencard holder spouse you wait for a visa number to be available..πŸ‘

Β 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.