2,997 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Touna said:

Hi Everyone,  I applied in Aug2018 , still waiting,  NO RFE , No Prima Facie , basically nothing,  

My lawyer told me , that if I'm not approved by January,  we may go through litigation,  

Does anyone know how that supposed to work  ? 

Thanks.

“Litigation” just big words used by your attorney to give you the impression he is doing something on your case. They are still working on early 2018 cases, wait a bit longer, and if you still don’t hear anything you’ll inquire with congressman or your attorney can submit a request about the status. In some cases you need to remind them that you exist. In regards to prima facie, maybe your attorney should send an inquiry now.

Edited by flyup123

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Touna said:

Hi Everyone,  I applied in Aug2018 , still waiting,  NO RFE , No Prima Facie , basically nothing,  

My lawyer told me , that if I'm not approved by January,  we may go through litigation,  

Thanks.

Litigation ? LMAO 😂. Tell your attorney there are people still waiting since 2017, he should drink a glass of cold water and calm down 

25 minutes ago, Touna said:

Thanks.

I smiled reading this..your attorney must not know about VAWA! It takes time..the approvals recorded at this time are the cases from Jan, Feb, March and Apr 2018..so you need to exercise patience..no need for..what was that legal lingua your attorney supplied again..yeah 'litigation' lol relax my dear..it will get to you!👍

33 minutes ago, Touna said:

Thanks.

Also don't be surprised if your attorney ask for "litigation" fees..sensing your vulnerability...they can device any means to extract more money from unsuspecting people/victims. Read previous threads, equip yourself with VAWA knowledge! Nobody goes through these threads and remains the same!😊👍

Stillwinning!!!When your vawa is approved you will be sent a C31 EAD which you don't need to pay for. If you have plans of working..which you should, simply file a new i485 and i765 C9 category and maybe i131 if you have travel plans..then you should get it in a matter of months..surely before your VAWA is decided!

Do I have to pay fees for new filing of I485 and I765 or I can just file I765 and I485 later on or I can use waiver for those fees?

Thanks

1 minute ago, FAP said:

Stillwinning!!!When your vawa is approved you will be sent a C31 EAD which you don't need to pay for. If you have plans of working..which you should, simply file a new i485 and i765 C9 category and maybe i131 if you have travel plans..then you should get it in a matter of months..surely before your VAWA is decided!

Do I have to pay fees for new filing of I485 and I765 or I can just file I765 and I485 later on or I can use waiver for those fees?

Thanks

I'm afraid you may have to pay the fees for your i485. Except you want to heed the earlier advice given to you..to reopen the previously denied i485 petition..good thing is with your i485 pending, you are eligible for C9 EAD and i131. Also you can choose to file after your VAWA is approved. But the earlier, the better as the cliche goes..😊

Thought this might help people who want to handle their petitions by themselves or for general knowledge!😊

Forms and Documents Needed for VAWA-Based Adjustment of Status

You will need to prepare the following:

• Copy of your I-360 approval notice (unless you're married to a U.S. citizen and filing the two portions of the application concurrently, as described above).
  • USCIS Form I-485, Application for Adjustment of Status (Get line-by-line instructions to filling out Form I-485.)
  • Two photos of you, passport style (it's best to go to a professional for these). Write your name and A number in pencil or felt pen on the back side.
  • Copy of your long-form birth certificate, with English-language translation if it's in another language.
  • Copy of marriage certificate, with English-language translation if it's in another language.
  • Copy of your passport or other identity document, including the page containing your nonimmigrant visa, if any.
  • Copy of your I-94 or other proof of U.S. lawful entry. (But see the next section if you didn't enter the U.S. with permission.)
  • USCIS Form I-864W, Waiver of Affidavit of Support (get line-by-line instructions for filling out Form I-865W).
  • USCIS Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record, filled out by a physician from USCIS's approved list, and in an unopened envelope. (See How to Arrange for a Green Card Medical Exam Report (Form I-693).)
  • USCIS Form I-131 for Advance Parole, which is important in case you need to travel outside the U.S. before you have a green card, and there's no fee for this when submitted with an adjustment of status application. (Get line-by-line instructions for filling out Form I-131.)
  • USCIS Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization (optional, if you want a work permit card, and there's no extra fee for this when submitted with an adjustment of status application; your answer to the question about "Eligibility Category" should be (c)(31)). (Get line-by-line instructions for filling out Form I-765.)
  • Documents showing any arrests or criminal history (consult an attorney if you have any).
  • Fees to USCIS. Find the latest on the I-485 page of the USCIS website.

After assembling all this, make a complete copy for your records. It's also a good idea to draft a cover letter, listing the contents of your packet, and explaining that it's a VAWA-based application.

Edited by Stillwinning!!!😊

19 minutes ago, FAP said:

Thanks

I found this...look more into it.

VAWA applicants can request a fee waiver for the I-485 and I-765. There is no fee for the I-360 and thus, no need for a fee waiver.

28 minutes ago, FAP said:

Thanks

You better find out if the officer put you in removal proceedings or not, depend on officer. 
Not everyone ok... 

I did not mean to make you worry. It’s complicated when i485 denied more than 30days. 

you better send out i360 then wait.

best of luck 💜

9 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

There you go..just go see your mum and have peace of mind! It's a win win either ways..your greencard may arrive before or after your trip.🙏

Thank you for taking the time to reply. What if the response is negative, what are my options to appeal if they won’t let me back in?  Maybe @sandranj can give me an advise here when she’s available 🙏

1 minute ago, flyup123 said:

Thank you for taking the time to reply. What if the response is negative, what are my options to appeal if they won’t let me back in?  Maybe @sandranj can give me an advise here when she’s available 🙏

Please my dear🙏 do not entertain negative thoughts! The mind is powerful! Think only of positive things..I'm reassuring you this morning that your Greencard will be approved really soon! Continue to pray and give God praise!

9 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Please my dear🙏 do not entertain negative thoughts! The mind is powerful! Think only of positive things..I'm reassuring you this morning that your Greencard will be approved really soon! Continue to pray and give God praise!

Thank you, you are right. 😘

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello guys,

I am putting finishing touches on my new I-485 packages based on approved VAWA.

I have a question where to file: ?

USCIS Chicago Lockbox or USCIS Vermont Service Center ☺️?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.