2,997 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, natalysmile said:

I want to ask someone who can talk to me.
I really feel bad. I just need to talk. Perhaps this does not apply to this topic. But I need such help

Please write me a private message.

Thank you.

So sorry my dear..whatever you're going through we're all here for you..I'm sure a lot of people have messaged you. Please be strong..the time will come when all these will be behind you..💛💙💜💚🌹🌻🌼

Hi Everyone, I understand that it is okay to have empathy for each other and be supportive as much as we can be. However, I have noticed someone's narrative  on here has been disjointed . I am just advising that we all be CAREFUL especially if someone messages us privately and tries to be friends with us.

We should avoid being victims twice. God bless us all.

1 minute ago, Jenny1 said:

Hi  @Stillwinning!!!😊  . I was thinking, is there a way we all can pull a little fund together (since some of us don't have a lot of money at the moment) to get Sandranj something small like a gift card just to show our appreciation for the help she renders on here. what are your thoughts?

I'm not sure the right authority to handle such suggestions but let's see what the general response turns out to be..plus there's still the option of privately doing what you can to show appreciation which I think is awesome!👍

I got a few questions for crowd that obviously has way more experience with this.

Thanks everybody.

I got everything placed in order (well almost everything)

Need to sharpen last few details

My affidavit is ready, got a restraining order from court for 6 months. Somebody here mentioned way to translate threatening emails and txt messages for your VAWA case without paying notary crazy fees or any way of officially recognized translations would be fine.

I got police report, pics of abuse,911 record, hospital record, temporary 2 week restraining order and one for 6 months after hearing. Going to a therapy after everything that happened to me in last  2 years. Affidavit from therapist will be ready in few weeks. Very experienced in VAWA cases.

Correct me but I think I have everything in order...

Now - Proof of bona fide marriage Include - Photos of our families back in the old country, our photos during our marriage with her kid, me paying her traffic tickets and fines, being a co signer for her car, different Wal-mart transactions sending cash, joint taxes for 4 years, lease agreement, phone bill from day 1 of our marriage, car, life, renters insurance, joint bank accounts, credit cards, best buy purchases, internet and electricity bill.

Hope that's sufficient in that department.

Now I'm ready to send the packet to Vermont today or tomorrow.

My main question is: since my  I485 is denied a few weeks ago - after this attack happened - I don't know does she have anything with it - is it even possible? I want to renew my EAD - do I have to pay for renewal - under  C09 or C31 - that is what confuses me now basically since my I485 is denied  what happens now with EAD?

Thanks

Filed: Timeline

@FAP If your 485 was denied then your EAD/AP from it is no longer valid. You will need to file a new 485 with 765/131 and wait for the new EAD (as long as your spouse was USC you can do this) It seems you have enough evidence of marriage, good faith marriage and abuse. What about moral character? Did you also prepare your own statement>? IMO you dont need to include texts or emails since you have police reports and a psych eval but if you want to include them for consideration you can. Translations can be done by anyone who is fluent in both languages (including yourself) just add a signed statement on the translation saying you are fluent in both languages and its an accurate translation. 

Villanelle:If your 485 was denied then your EAD/AP from it is no longer valid. You will need to file a new 485 with 765/131 and wait for the new EAD (as long as your spouse was USC you can do this) It seems you have enough evidence of marriage, good faith marriage and abuse. What about moral character? Did you also prepare your own statement>? IMO you dont need to include texts or emails since you have police reports and a psych eval but if you want to include them for consideration you can. Translations can be done by anyone who is fluent in both languages (including yourself) just add a signed statement on the translation saying you are fluent in both languages and its an accurate translation. 

Regarding moral character I have a clearance from local police department stating that I don't have any criminal record. I am volunteering right now in town where i moved so I will have letter of good character from that organization as well. I have my own affidavit stating a pattern of abuse and what happened, where and when. Also an affidavit from a friend who was a witness on one occassion. Affidavits from friends and family stating good moral character and bona fide marriage.  I765 will now be on C31 right? If so - since I am unemployed currently can I sign up for the waiver of I765 fees due to financial hardship?

Thanks 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Comforter said:

Hello everyone,please how long does this whole process take? I am just praying they respond to us quickly.My pd is jan 10 2019.

It’s a long process that entails patience . Meanwhile, you can apply for permission to work under the category C9 if your spouse is a USC to get your mind off it . Should take between 12 - 20 months depending on the workload of the immigration officer handling your case 

18 minutes ago, Comforter said:

Hello everyone,please how long does this whole process take? I am just praying they respond to us quickly.My pd is jan 10 2019.

I'll give you the lows and highs..anywhere from 15-24months! Occasionally it can take less or more than the timeframe stated above. This journey requires a lot of patience. It helps to get busy by way of working and healing-therapy..anything to take your mind off the horror of what you've been through and the wait times..👍

1 hour ago, FAP said:

Villanelle:If your 485 was denied then your EAD/AP from it is no longer valid. You will need to file a new 485 with 765/131 and wait for the new EAD (as long as your spouse was USC you can do this) It seems you have enough evidence of marriage, good faith marriage and abuse. What about moral character? Did you also prepare your own statement>? IMO you dont need to include texts or emails since you have police reports and a psych eval but if you want to include them for consideration you can. Translations can be done by anyone who is fluent in both languages (including yourself) just add a signed statement on the translation saying you are fluent in both languages and its an accurate translation. 

Regarding moral character I have a clearance from local police department stating that I don't have any criminal record. I am volunteering right now in town where i moved so I will have letter of good character from that organization as well. I have my own affidavit stating a pattern of abuse and what happened, where and when. Also an affidavit from a friend who was a witness on one occassion. Affidavits from friends and family stating good moral character and bona fide marriage.  I765 will now be on C31 right? If so - since I am unemployed currently can I sign up for the waiver of I765 fees due to financial hardship?

Thanks 

When your vawa is approved you will be sent a C31 EAD which you don't need to pay for. If you have plans of working..which you should, simply file a new i485 and i765 C9 category and maybe i131 if you have travel plans..then you should get it in a matter of months..surely before your VAWA is decided!

Edited by Stillwinning!!!😊

Hi everyone! Need some guidance please. Is there any thread on this website or maybe someone had similar experience, I had my interview, but no decision was made as of yet. I am really thinking to travel with advance parole. What should I expect? I know a lot of people will say “if you waited that long, you should wait a little longer” but I am at that point where depression really takes over me and just the thought of my mom’s sad face and disappointment of not seeing me for holidays it kills me. Some of you are involved in more conversations on the visajourney site and I really hope for some positive input. Thanks in advance. 

2 minutes ago, flyup123 said:

Hi everyone! Need some guidance please. Is there any thread on this website or maybe someone had similar experience, I had my interview, but no decision was made as of yet. I am really thinking to travel with advance parole. What should I expect? I know a lot of people will say “if you waited that long, you should wait a little longer” but I am at that point where depression really takes over me and just the thought of my mom’s sad face and disappointment of not seeing me for holidays it kills me. Some of you are involved in more conversations on the visajourney site and I really hope for some positive input. Thanks in advance. 

You're right..first thing I would have said is to wait some more..but since you already saw that coming...then secure the AP..chances are that before you finish the AP process, you would have gotten a decision on the i485! I'm aware there are other topics discussed on this site, only I don't have the information dear.👍

3 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

You're right..first thing I would have said is to wait some more..but since you already saw that coming...then secure the AP..chances are that before you finish the AP process, you would have gotten a decision on the i485! I'm aware there are other topics discussed on this site, only I don't have the information dear.👍

I have the AP expiring in March 2020 which I never used. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.