2,997 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, Progress40 said:

Please share you timeline . Thank you 

Hello dear .. 

I360 /I485/I/765/I131 sent February 2018 

Finger prints done March 2018

Combo card approved May 2018 

No RFE .. Deep silence 

i left to my home card on my combo card twice for my mums fragile health condition .. 

first time i stayed out of the sates 2 months and the second time i stayed out of the states around 5 months .. i cam back last may .. 
still no Prime facie ... 

my lawyer sent combo card renewal Before my card expires by 3 days only .. 

unfortunately he send it to Missouri instead of vermont office .. i contacted the congresswoman because i wanted to expedite my combo card for humanitarian reason they denied my request .. and then after 30 days they approved my applications .. i booked up my ticked because my mum is really sick .. but they sent me the combo card not valid for reentry .. 

i contacted my congresswoman again and she contacted them and they acknowledged they did a mistake and issued me new card after fixing it to be able to travel .. 

i 360 still pending (21 months now) 

NO RFE .. 

first prime facie march 2019 

second prime facie September 2019

I hope this helps :) 

1 hour ago, Fishy89 💙 said:

Hello dear .. 

No RFE .. Deep silence 

i left to my home card on my combo card twice for my mums fragile health condition .. 

first time i stayed out of the sates 2 months and the second time i stayed out of the states around 5 months .. i cam back last may .. 
still no Prime facie ... 

unfortunately he send it to Missouri instead of vermont office .. i contacted the congresswoman because i wanted to expedite my combo card for humanitarian reason they denied my request .. and then after 30 days they approved my applications .. i booked up my ticked because my mum is really sick .. but they sent me the combo card not valid for reentry .. 

i contacted my congresswoman again and she contacted them and they acknowledged they did a mistake and issued me new card after fixing it to be able to travel .. 

NO RFE .. 

You will hear good news dear! My i360 took a little bit longer to get approved..everyone waiting will get their day of joy!🙏🙏🙏

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

Hi Fam,

Just being curious here:

I had 2 active I-485’s by the time I went for my GC interview. I wasn’t aware the marriage based one was active and there I sent new one when filing VAWA. 

Long story short, I moved places and updated old i485 address using usps forwarding because I had a new application from which I was getting required c09 eads and did not really pay mind to old i485. 

Also during my first marriage based interview which I attended by myself, I wrote a withdrawal letter for that i485 because I had already filed VAWA. I also wrote a letter there firing the lawyer whom ex hired to file that application.

so when my new i485 was approved, I was sent an official withdrawal notice for the old one but didn’t receive it yet. 

I don’t know where it has gone because post office doesn’t show any “returned to uscis” status.

should I really worry where the withdrawal notice hasn’t gone given that application is totally moot? Or do I follow up to find out ? 

22 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

You will hear good news dear! My i360 took a little bit longer to get approved..everyone waiting will get their day of joy!🙏🙏🙏

Thank you dear ❤️

7 minutes ago, Strife said:

Hi Fam,

Just being curious here:

I had 2 active I-485’s by the time I went for my GC interview. I wasn’t aware the marriage based one was active and there I sent new one when filing VAWA. 

Long story short, I moved places and updated old i485 address using usps forwarding because I had a new application from which I was getting required c09 eads and did not really pay mind to old i485. 

Also during my first marriage based interview which I attended by myself, I wrote a withdrawal letter for that i485 because I had already filed VAWA. I also wrote a letter there firing the lawyer whom ex hired to file that application.

so when my new i485 was approved, I was sent an official withdrawal notice for the old one but didn’t receive it yet. 

I don’t know where it has gone because post office doesn’t show any “returned to uscis” status.

should I really worry where the withdrawal notice hasn’t gone given that application is totally moot? Or do I follow up to find out ? 

Hey Strife, if I were you I wouldn't worry too much been that you already got your greencard..and the document is just a withdrawal notice! If you want you can follow it up but I believe you're good!😊👍

7 hours ago, Shroy123 said:

Last month, my attorney sent new G28 to VSC because he moved his office. but he hasn't received any updates from USCIS regarding address change. I am concern because if they didn't update it, my mails will go to a wrong address. What should I do? 

That is what happening on my case, my lawyer changed his office on August. My card was mailed on August 2nd and my approval on September 25th but I didn't receive it. We sent a G-28 and letter but no update since September 30th. I contacted my congressman yesterday and he sent me a uscis form and I emailed it back to him. He told me uscis usually takes 5-10 days to respond and he will get back to me as soon as they responded. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Hey Strife, if I were you I wouldn't worry too much been that you already got your greencard..and the document is just a withdrawal notice! If you want you can follow it up but I believe you're good!😊👍

Thanks @Stillwinning!!!😊

My congressperson thinks the same too.

thats why he’s not bothering to inquire where it has gone lol 😂 

when you contacted the congressman do they make you sign a privacy release form? I gave them my sister's address on that form. Do you think they will send this to USCIS? I don't want to mess it up because of the address on the form. my contact with the congressman is  via email only. from your experience how long do you think they will get response from USCIS? 

Edited by Lola_lalo

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Lola_lalo said:

when you contacted the congressman do they make you sign a privacy release form? I gave them my sister's address on that form. Do you think they will send this to USCIS? I don't want to mess it up because of the address on the form. my contact with the congressman is  via email only. from your experience how long do you think they will get response from USCIS? 

Yes. A privacy form is signed before enlisting congress help. 

My congressman was super cooperative. He responded to emails right away and got USCIS responses regarding my cases in 2-3 days max, always.

of course, I can’t speak for others. The above is just my experience. 

I guess address ownership doesn’t matter as long as you receive the mail. 

Edited by Strife

4 minutes ago, Strife said:

Yes. A privacy form is signed before enlisting congress help. 

My congressman was super cooperative. He responded to emails right away and got USCIS responses regarding my cases in 2-3 days max, always.

of course, I can’t speak for others. The above is just my experience. 

I guess address ownership doesn’t matter as long as you receive the mail. 

Thanks Strife, what concerns me is if they share the privacy release form the address is different from what is on my file with USCIS. Just wondering when things become complicated for a simple thing this days. Blessings,

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 hours ago, Fishy89 💙 said:

Hello dear .. 

No RFE .. Deep silence 

still no Prime facie ... 

NO RFE .. 

My dear God help you and see you through.. this wait time can be really scary sometimes, am happy you have ur combo card to travel , I wish ur mom a quick recovery.... and thanks for sharing ur travel experience 🙌🙌🙌

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, TBoneTX said:

Still some tension in last couple of pages.  Therefore, a joke:

The zookeeper walked by the monkey's cage and was astonished to see the animal studying two books, side by side:  the Holy Bible, and The Origin of Species by Charles Darwin.

"What are you doing with those books?" asked the zookeeper.

The monkey said, "I'm trying to determine whether I'm my brother's keeper or my keeper's brother."

Moral of this story - 

We should all be our brother’s keeper on here . 

2 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

Still some tension in last couple of pages.  Therefore, a joke:

The zookeeper walked by the monkey's cage and was astonished to see the animal studying two books, side by side:  the Holy Bible, and The Origin of Species by Charles Darwin.

"What are you doing with those books?" asked the zookeeper.

The monkey said, "I'm trying to determine whether I'm my brother's keeper or my keeper's brother."

This one got me!😂😂😂😂 I say you're your keepers brother!💁😉

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.