zahira33

nvc processing time

35 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
12 hours ago, zahira33 said:

iam the applicant can u please tell me what are my husbands original documents that I should take with me to the interview ?

He will need:

the original 2 criminal reports with English translations)

original marriage certificate (must be the same as the one you submitted to NVC (for one member it was slightly different and they had to get matching one)

the original of your IRS tax transcripts with the W2's,

his sealed medical exam (it may be sent by dr to embassy as it sometimes is in Morocco),

his national ID,  his passport (translations of these not needed)

They can and often do ask for an original Morocco birth certificate with English translations,  and any other documents deemed necessary by the embassy

He should take some photos and a few chats  / the CO usually does not look at these but takes note of it if none are bought in

the CO will review the full application in the days before and ask questions according to your submitted packet

they do, however,  sometimes ask "What did your wife have this morning for breakfast?"

trick question as the answer is "she is not out of bed yet as she is 6 hours behind me"

otherwise, tell him to answer honestly,  short answers (do not elaborate with long explanations), and show he is confident in this interview (even if he is nervous)

he should do it in English although he may be more confident in Arabic or French/  the CO wants to see he can verbalize decent English 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

He will need:

the original 2 criminal reports with English translations)

original marriage certificate (must be the same as the one you submitted to NVC (for one member it was slightly different and they had to get matching one)

the original of your IRS tax transcripts with the W2's,

his sealed medical exam (it may be sent by dr to embassy as it sometimes is in Morocco),

his national ID,  his passport (translations of these not needed)

They can and often do ask for an original Morocco birth certificate with English translations,  and any other documents deemed necessary by the embassy

He should take some photos and a few chats  / the CO usually does not look at these but takes note of it if none are bought in

the CO will review the full application in the days before and ask questions according to your submitted packet

they do, however,  sometimes ask "What did your wife have this morning for breakfast?"

trick question as the answer is "she is not out of bed yet as she is 6 hours behind me"

otherwise, tell him to answer honestly,  short answers (do not elaborate with long explanations), and show he is confident in this interview (even if he is nervous)

he should do it in English although he may be more confident in Arabic or French/  the CO wants to see he can verbalize decent English 

hey there thank you for your help and btw iam the applicant ( Moroccan wife ) so the transcrips are the only original docs he should send me right ? as I already have our marriage certificate and I also have his divorce decree and birth certificate 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, zahira33 said:

hey there thank you for your help and btw iam the applicant ( Moroccan wife ) so the transcrips are the only original docs he should send me right ? as I already have our marriage certificate and I also have his divorce decree and birth certificate 

Yes,  all you need from him are the IRS transcripts and copy of his W2(s) /some of us work for more than 1 company but usually one need the 1

allah yessir

2 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

Yes,  all you need from him are the IRS transcripts and copy of his W2(s) /some of us work for more than 1 company but usually one need the 1

allah yessir

what is the w2 and for nhis irs transcrips if he got them online on the first place then how are they considered originals id u can just print them

Timeline
2 minutes ago, zahira33 said:

what is the w2 and for nhis irs transcrips if he got them online on the first place then how are they considered originals id u can just print them

Online ones are accepted /perhaps he has proof he paid IRS for these transcripts/  i got mine free at IRS office

W2 is a form given out by employer to show wages and all monies withheld for taxes,  medicare, etc

he will know what this is

19 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

Online ones are accepted /perhaps he has proof he paid IRS for these transcripts/  i got mine free at IRS office

W2 is a form given out by employer to show wages and all monies withheld for taxes,  medicare, etc

he will know what this is

were we supposed to submit that too ? cuz we didn't we just aploaded proof of employment in form of a contract

Timeline
29 minutes ago, zahira33 said:

were we supposed to submit that too ? cuz we didn't we just aploaded proof of employment in form of a contract

If NVC accepts it,  and sends case to casa, then NVC has approved

but still Casa will ask for tax returns/ we all have to do tax returns and even if a contract ,  the person needs to do this:

so,  you need his W9

IRS Form W-9 is most commonly used by individuals when they are working as a freelancer or independent contractor. If you ever find yourself filling out a Form W-9, it generally means that a business or person who is paying you money needs your Social Security number so it can notify the IRS of the amount.

55 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

allah yessir

Hi, 

I also have my interview coming up on the 28th Oct and preparing all docs to bring. Just wondering if the ones you mentioned here are also the same ones for me if my interview is in the Philippines Embassy? 

Also: 

1. For the tax transcripts, we submitted 2017 online because we filed end of March 2018. Should my husband also send in 2018 tax transcripts for me to bring to the interview since a year has passed already? And he has since filed his 2018 taxes?

2. Is getting it froM IRS online acceptable? 

hope i got all the information about tax transcripts correct.

Thanks for your time! 

-L

6 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

If NVC accepts it,  and sends case to casa, then NVC has approved

but still Casa will ask for tax returns/ we all have to do tax returns and even if a contract ,  the person needs to do this:

so,  you need his W9

IRS Form W-9 is most commonly used by individuals when they are working as a freelancer or independent contractor. If you ever find yourself filling out a Form W-9, it generally means that a business or person who is paying you money needs your Social Security number so it can notify the IRS of the amount.

yes we submitted all the tx returns I meant the W2 were we supposed to submit it too ? so are u saying instead of W2 we need W9 ?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Lia Luisa said:

Hi, 

I also have my interview coming up on the 28th Oct and preparing all docs to bring. Just wondering if the ones you mentioned here are also the same ones for me if my interview is in the Philippines Embassy? 

Also: 

1. For the tax transcripts, we submitted 2017 online because we filed end of March 2018. Should my husband also send in 2018 tax transcripts for me to bring to the interview since a year has passed already? And he has since filed his 2018 taxes?

2. Is getting it froM IRS online acceptable? 

hope i got all the information about tax transcripts correct.

Thanks for your time! 

-L

2018 transcripts are required till April 15th 2020,   then it is 2019 

most get it online but i got from iRS office (just walked in with photo ID and SS card and had within an hour)

it costs a fee to do it online but this is fully acceptable

Best to you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

most get it online but i got from iRS office (just walked in with photo ID and SS card and had within an hour)

Best to you

I got my transcripts online, there’s no fee. You have to register for an account. Took about 5 minutes total 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Russ&MaryAnn said:

I got my transcripts online, there’s no fee. You have to register for an account. Took about 5 minutes total 

good / must be others are using a paid site

and i hate to pay out more than i need to 

this process is expensive enough

13 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

Best to you

Thank you so much, appreciate it :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.