1,355 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi All,

Would like to know how I as applicant will be informed once consulate send passport back? will we get any email notification or have to use https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/iv to check status on regular basis?

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

image.thumb.png.caeab470d97ecd9aabe61825d37521e8.png

My Visa is "Issued" - Approved

Why am i seeing this page?

My passport still hasn't arrived, a month has passed - what to do?

do i need to fill out something here?

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 9/9/2022 at 12:04 AM, Blueeyes1989 said:

@F3-from Toronto SInce you visited India AFTER getting a PCC from India, you will need to redo it. You still have time. India PCC takes 10 weeks, so you should start the process right away.

image.png

Thank you. I’ll apply soon. What Dq date is currently being called for interview in Montreal? 

On 9/9/2022 at 12:04 AM, Blueeyes1989 said:

@F3-from Toronto SInce you visited India AFTER getting a PCC from India, you will need to redo it. You still have time. India PCC takes 10 weeks, so you should start the process right away.

image.png

I was reading the police certificate requirements and it seems like you would need one if you have lived in another country more then 12 months but if you already have one issued by indian embassy recent and if you travel to that country for a short visit, I don't think you would need a new police certificate if ur stay is not more then 12 months when u visit. Could someone please further clarify If they had this situation 

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, daivalab13 said:

Our lawyer says that we should update the police report, although our was done november 21, 2021. i thought it was for two years?

It’s better to update if it’s more than 3 months old, last thing u want is wait more…contacting embassy after interview is very hard - it delays things by 8 weeks more. Better safe than sorry.

On 9/12/2022 at 6:49 PM, Har123 said:

I was reading the police certificate requirements and it seems like you would need one if you have lived in another country more then 12 months but if you already have one issued by indian embassy recent and if you travel to that country for a short visit, I don't think you would need a new police certificate if ur stay is not more then 12 months when u visit. Could someone please further clarify If they had this situation 

If u travelled to India, you need PCC 100%

15 minutes ago, Waiting_ever said:

It’s better to update if it’s more than 3 months old, last thing u want is wait more…contacting embassy after interview is very hard - it delays things by 8 weeks more. Better safe than sorry.

If u travelled to India, you need PCC 100%

Once pcc is issued and you are travelling elsewhere but if you are transiting through country which issued pcc would that be fine? As you would not be leaving airport

@Har123 My understanding is that, if you transit through any country and have not left the airport, then that country is not even needed to be mentioned in your list of travels. I have transited through Ukraine twice in 2008- I never mention that in my list of countries travelled. 

@Blueeyes1989

basically I was waiting for my H1B reply after f1 

and my h1b was denied 

and I filed for MTR after that, 

which was denied 1st time and acccepted 2nd time 

but I had left country by then. 

so the status I was under was called f1 d/s 

so was wondering if you guys knew anything about it. 

On 9/11/2022 at 4:37 PM, Waiting_ever said:

image.thumb.png.caeab470d97ecd9aabe61825d37521e8.png

My Visa is "Issued" - Approved

Why am i seeing this page?

My passport still hasn't arrived, a month has passed - what to do?

do i need to fill out something here?

Hi, just wondering if you've finally received your passport.

Sorry, i don't have answers for you since i don't have any experience and am still in the "waiting for interview letter" stage. 

hope all went well and smooth for you finally.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.