1,332 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
19 minutes ago, coconuting said:

Hi, just wondering if you've finally received your passport.

Sorry, i don't have answers for you since i don't have any experience and am still in the "waiting for interview letter" stage. 

hope all went well and smooth for you finally.

@coconuting lot of passport delivery issues for me…will share details once I receive my passport…but passports are misplaced a lot by Canada Post & they forget to assign tracking number & then they won’t respond to queries…stay glued, will post in 1 weeks time

6 hours ago, Waiting_ever said:

@coconuting lot of passport delivery issues for me…will share details once I receive my passport…but passports are misplaced a lot by Canada Post & they forget to assign tracking number & then they won’t respond to queries…stay glued, will post in 1 weeks time

oh no.. okay, hope everything will work out for you. Let us know how it goes at the end. finger crossed.

Timeline
On 9/18/2022 at 9:09 PM, coconuting said:

oh no.. okay, hope everything will work out for you. Let us know how it goes at the end. finger crossed.

@coconuting I finally received my Passport/Visa today after 1 month & 5 days of visa Issuance

For full 1 month - I was trying to "Find Black Cat in the Dark room. Following the revolving door. On a wild Goose Chase. Grabbing the Elephant." - call it whatever!

Below are Instructions on if anyone is in similar situation again, result of all my research for US Consulate Montreal Cases.

US Consulate Montreal Process

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: If you have or do not have your Tracking number & you don't receive passport in time - Give Canada Post 4-5 weeks time after complaining, from experience executives say, they always trace a missing packet. Don't rush to declare your passport as "LOST". Once you Declare it lost, the procedure ahead is a bit lengthy.

& if ever, you declare it LOST - Don't do it without instructions from the  US Consulate. The Consulate very strictly tells NOT do ANYTHING (about reporting it) until they give instruction to do so. If you report it before the Consulate says, then you will have to start your visa application over and there will be no compensation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NO ONE will bother to read this full Document unless "You are Special" like I was! Passport became untraceable!

I Pray NO ONE has to go through what I went through this 1 month after my Visa was Granted by US Consulate Montreal. This will help you track your Passport & Go + Grab it!

DON'T SITBACK & RELAX after the Visa is Approved/Issued, this is the MOST CRUCIAL time, Canada Post looses passports very often. Resolution to this problem is written below. No lawyer will tell you this.

NOTE: You might have to get US Congressional Representative involved & fill "The Privacy release form", if the US Consulate is not responding, but most of the times they do respond after a few days. It's hard to be Patient when you loose Passport thou. 
If you are above 16 years & Canada Citizen - then you will need to contact Canada local MP of your Area & fill the "consent form".
USA -> https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative
Canada -> https://www.ourcommons.ca/members/en

Passport Return issues after the Visa is Approved/Issued by US Consulate Montreal:

If Your Visa is Issued/Approved ->
On CEAC tracker website - it will say "ISSUED" -> Your visa is in final processing. It may take up to ten (10) business days to be shipped to you. To check your document return status, please visit https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/niv/information/courier. If after ten (10) business days you still have not received your document tracking number, or your documents, send an e-mail to Contactus_en_ca@usvisa-info.com to request assistance
For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV.

Wait for 10 Days - Check your Tracking number on ais website or by calling Appointment Services - If you  get your Passport - Congratulations! :)
If your passport delivery is late - 
Call/Visit the Mail Depot in your town and make them locate your package. Depot has ability to search Passport using your NAME & Passport Number, if tracking number is not there. If the Depot has the package, excellent! Go and pick it up! - Congratulations!

If you have or do not have your Tracking number & you don't receive passport in time - Give Canada Post 4-5 weeks time after complaining, from experience executives say, they always trace a missing packet. Don't rush to declare your passport as "LOST". Once you Declare it lost, the procedure ahead is a bit lengthy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There have been cases where Canada Post has misplaced/lost passports but at least you know who to blame here.

You should be worried, if Tracking number is NOT GENERATED - Check ais website & call Appointment Services. This is the situation where Appointment Services will keep throwing the ball towards US Consulate Officer that he has not taken a DECISION yet & that they have no Control on it.

Call/Visit the Mail Depot in your town and make them locate your package. Depot has ability to search Passport using your NAME & Passport Number, if tracking number is not there. If the Depot has the package, excellent! Go and pick it up! - Congratulations!

If not, First thing to do -> Email US Consulate Montreal, Email address: montreal-iv-dv@state.gov
Explain what CEAC Status says & ask if they shipped your Passport. Tell them Appointment Services are saying they haven't received passport yet & that tracking number was not Generated. In the Email Subject Line write : PASSPORT NOT TRACKABLE, Give the Visa officer 8-10 days appx. to reply. Write your Case number, name & Passport number in the Email 

US Consulate will reply -> "Your passport with an immigrant visa has been returned to you by courier service. For questions regarding the courier service (including tracking your passport) we strongly encourage you to contact the Official U.S. Department of State Visa Appointment Service using the contact details available on the following webpage: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/iv/information/contact_us"

At this STEP - Canada Post will OWN the ISSUE & start actively tracking your Passport.
There is a way to track the passport using Passport Number & Name of Applicant - even if the Tracking Number was not Generated.

If they Track it -> Congratulations!

NOTE: Give Canada Post about 4-5 weeks time to trace passport. They find it mostly & it will save you lot of inconvenience.
If they Don't -> Canada Post will say it's "lost" and they are going to write a letter saying so, and you should report it to Passport Canada. 
DON'T REPORT it LOST yet -> Contact the US Consulate before contacting Passport Canada. The Consulate very strictly tells NOT do ANYTHING (about reporting it) until they give instruction to do so. If you report it before the Consulate says, then you will have to start your visa application over and there will be no compensation. Give them 10 days to do their searches. If they don' get back, email them again asking for Updates.

If Passport is Lost - US Consulate will email.
Dear applicant,
Unfortunately there are no Updates. We will be declaring your passport Lost by the end of today. 
You will receive an email from with compensation letter and declaration of loss.

Get the documentation needed from the Consulate, the letter from Canada Post stating my package was "lost" and they exhausted all avenues in their searches for it, fill out new passport application, declaration form for lost/stolen passports for Passport Canada, filed a police report, wrote out a statutory declaration and get it notarized stating everything that was done to try to locate passport, etc. 
Go to the passport office to apply for new passports. 
Contact The US Consulate back when after receiving new passport and they will tell the next step. Pay for the 24 hour expedited passport return.

At this Point, Ask the US Consulate -> But unfortunately everything that went along in the sealed package with missing passport, is also missing (obviously), and you need to send them ALL original documents + photocopies of everything you presented at the interview (Birth Certificates, new passport photos for the visas, another copy of the criminal record check, etc.) and they will contact the medical examiner's office themselves to get another copy of medical exams directly. Do you need to send these along with the New Passport?

Once you have your Passport in Hand, sign and return the compensation contract form that US Consulate sent.
Mail in our new passports, with instructions on what to print off and send with it according to instructions from US Consulate. You also need to include a photocopy of Passport biographic page with the passport.

Contact the Consulate to confirm they have received new passport after tracking shows they were delivered . It can take up to 10 business days to get from their offsite mailroom to the visa unit.
Once they have received new passport and are going to do everything possible to get visa reissued promptly.

Ask Consulate to make an exception on your case and are mail the new visa directly to your address via priority next day shipping. You should expect them to arrive next day. Too many issues with Canada post. 

NOTE: Canada Post paid for the total cost of replacing our passports (Photos, notary fees, passport fees, etc.)

Confirm to Canada Post & US Consulate that you have received your Visa.

Congratulations! The Nightmare is OVER!

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone, my interview is next week in Montreal and I wont receive my updated Police Certificate in time for the interview. What will it happen? What's the time line for an approval this days after mailing it in?

Thank you.

Timeline
22 minutes ago, SukhpreetSandhu said:

Hi I have question My Wife and 1 year daughter F2a Case was scheduled for interview already next month and i become a USA citizen now how its work  i need update to nvc or embassy of Montreal and now i need to reapply for daughter case or wait for interview . 

Just send your citizenship certificate copy with your daughter for interview & say the truth - don’t complicate at this stage

visa category changes if u inform nvc

Timeline

Just received our November Interview Letter for spouse in F2A category in Montreal. 

DQ date - Nov 2, 2021

Interview Date - Nov, 23, 2022

Good luck to others waiting for interviews!!

Check out this spreadsheet as well if you're not aware of this:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1phSTiwuIBzBBDGDSwBTgA6iwPt6vhWgd_JQWlHoj7vE/edit#gid=0

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Anyone experienced going to medicals without current passport?  Is it mandatory to bring passports to the medicals appointment? My passport is currently with Indian consulate for obtaining PCC. They will keep it until PCC is completed. Hoping it will be returned in a month or so and then I can schedule Medicals @ doctor Randall Lee's  in Scarborough, Toronto.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.