1,337 posts in this topic

On 7/28/2022 at 1:49 PM, lilyhc said:

Hi @Blueeyes1989! My interview went smoothly! I was super nervous because last minute I was told to bring my 1 year old and I was very worried she would be an absolute terror in the waiting room, but thankfully she didn't freak out and actually seemed to enjoy being in a new environment... I don't see this mentioned often, but I was able to bring in my stroller, diaper items and sealed snacks for baby (I just had to get them screened at security). 

I waited around 90 minutes until I was called to a window to present my documents such as birth certificate, photo, etc (basically all your civil documents). Then I waited another 20 or so minutes to be called up for my actual interview. Interviewer was a very nice gentleman that asked the usual questions like:

1) "How did you meet your spouse?"
2) "When did you guys get married?"
3) "Is this the first marriage for you both?"

I don't super remember all the questions but it's nothing surprising! The waiting is the longest part. Interview takes about 5-10 minutes. I thought everyone was very efficient and well-versed with their jobs at the consulate. 

Hi I have a question on my interview ,,do I need to bring the original tax paper 1040 of my husband or photo copies and transcripts what I need to bring from my spouse side.

do I need to get his job letter as well please tell me what are papers required from the spouse side as you already had your interview . I will appreciate your efforts

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
51 minutes ago, Ravinder kaur said:

Hi I have a question on my interview ,,do I need to bring the original tax paper 1040 of my husband or photo copies and transcripts what I need to bring from my spouse side.

do I need to get his job letter as well please tell me what are papers required from the spouse side as you already had your interview . I will appreciate your efforts

Hi @Ravinder kaur, I did bring printed copies of my husband's Tax Transcript and Wage & Income Transcript for the past 3 years, which they did take from me. They didn't ask for his job letter, but I would bring it just in case.

What I brought for spouse side:
1) last 3 years Tax Transcript
2) last 3 years Wage & Income Transcript
3) Job letter
4) Last 3 months pay stubs
5) Photocopy of spouse's green card 

18 minutes ago, lilyhc said:

Hi @Ravinder kaur, I did bring printed copies of my husband's Tax Transcript and Wage & Income Transcript for the past 3 years, which they did take from me. They didn't ask for his job letter, but I would bring it just in case.

What I brought for spouse side:
1) last 3 years Tax Transcript
2) last 3 years Wage & Income Transcript
3) Job letter
4) Last 3 months pay stubs
5) Photocopy of spouse's green card 

Ok thank you for your reply you mean from petitioner side photo copies are fine and only transcripts are needed nothing else one last thing do I need to bring his bank statement ??

thank you 🙏🏻

Edited by Ravinder kaur

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone, I have two questions:

My F3 interview is next month in Montreal and my DS-260 form shows it’s expired on the NVC portal. Do I need to fill it up again and re-submitted for myself and all applicants?

Here is what is shows at my portal:

Your case is currently being reviewed at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where your visa interview will take place.

Please complete and submit the Immigrant Visa (IV) Application (form DS-260) for each applicant on the case.

After submitting the DS-260, upload all supporting documentation (as described on our website) for each applicant, if it hasn’t been done already.

I am trying to register my interview appointment online with free courier service but the link is not working. Does anyone have the link for it?

Thank you!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Curious how long Montreal keeps passport once submitted. Case is complicated and in AP for few yrs but finally they requested husband's passport, updated police report,  medical etc ...this is our 3rd month waiting. I see once a week case status date is updated but still says refused and AP. 

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Blueeyes1989 said:

@Mghala and @Waiting_ever How was your interview?

Visa Approved! Officer did thorough check of my Documents & finally granted! :)

31 minutes ago, Blueeyes1989 said:

@Waiting_ever Were you asked for the Indian PCC? Also, how old is your PCC?

When I submitted my application I submitted my Indian PCC that time I was Indian passport holder once I became Canadian then I submitted my Canadian PCC to the National Visa Center and then I got a reminder from NVC to keep update my PCc from Canada but they didn’t mention anything in front of the Indian PCC my Indian pccwas issued on 2020

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Ravinder kaur said:

When I submitted my application I submitted my Indian PCC that time I was Indian passport holder once I became Canadian then I submitted my Canadian PCC to the National Visa Center and then I got a reminder from NVC to keep update my PCc from Canada but they didn’t mention anything in front of the Indian PCC my Indian pccwas issued on 2020

PCC in country of residence should be latest - try

others if not visited can be ignored 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.