BryceAndRebeca

Couple of Questions

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Something unexpected happened, my LFO is San Francisco and the waiting time is around 17 months to 24 months, so I wasn't really expecting any updates on my AOS any time soon. Today I went in and check my case status out of curiosity and it says that 2 days ago an interview was scheduled :dance:.

So I have a couple of questions:

1. How long does it take to receive the notice on the mail?

2. To the interview,  should we take our daughter who is also adjusting status?

3. Would the notice say the documents that we should take to the interview?

Thanks so much for the help!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Maybe you are a redistribution case

What do you mean by this?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, BryceAndRebeca said:

What do you mean by this?

Uscis announced in May the concept of redistributing the workload to other LFOs.  

YMMV

Timeline
Just now, payxibka said:

Uscis announced in May the concept of redistributing the workload to other LFOs.  

Awesome, I guess I'm one of the lucky ones then.

Timeline
Just now, BryceAndRebeca said:

Awesome, I guess I'm one of the lucky ones then.

You will find out if you need to travel to a different office 

YMMV

Timeline
2 minutes ago, payxibka said:

You will find out if you need to travel to a different office 

Would this mean that they can send me to a different state?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, BryceAndRebeca said:

Would this mean that they can send me to a different state?

This is so new.   Not sure what the parameters are.   The only other case I saw was a Miami case transferred to another Florida office 

YMMV

Timeline
2 minutes ago, payxibka said:

This is so new.   Not sure what the parameters are.   The only other case I saw was a Miami case transferred to another Florida office 

We'll see, I'll wait for the notice. Do you know if when adjusting status I should bring my daughter? or is it just for the main beneficiary?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
4 hours ago, BryceAndRebeca said:

Something unexpected happened, my LFO is San Francisco and the waiting time is around 17 months to 24 months, so I wasn't really expecting any updates on my AOS any time soon. Today I went in and check my case status out of curiosity and it says that 2 days ago an interview was scheduled :dance:.

So I have a couple of questions:

1. How long does it take to receive the notice on the mail?

2. To the interview,  should we take our daughter who is also adjusting status?

3. Would the notice say the documents that we should take to the interview?

Thanks so much for the help!

•  

Congratulations 🎉 I received my notice within a week, however I know for some people it takes longer (probably up to 2 weeks). The interview notice is pretty standard and has a list of the documents you need to bring to the interview :)

Timeline
Just now, sashsash said:

Congratulations 🎉 I received my notice within a week, however I know for some people it takes longer (probably up to 2 weeks). The interview notice is pretty standard and has a list of the documents you need to bring to the interview :)

Thanks!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
20 hours ago, payxibka said:

We are in AZ, but was out of the closest office for Bio's at Vegas ( 90 min) and moved our AOS to Phoenix a few hours away.  Was better I guess, than waiting a couple more months.

Timeline
51 minutes ago, Highmystic said:

We are in AZ, but was out of the closest office for Bio's at Vegas ( 90 min) and moved our AOS to Phoenix a few hours away.  Was better I guess, than waiting a couple more months.

I agree that it is better, for me the wait is almost 2 years. So I’ll take 9 months! I still don’t know where my LFO it’s going to be, I need to wait until I get the notice.

Timeline

UPDATE:

My AOS interview was scheduled for Oct 22! My original LFO was San Francisco and the waiting time was 17 to 24 months, they relocated my case to a different office (Sacramento). We’re totally excited and happy, this was so unexpected!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.