31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We got a letter today saying that my wife's AP has been approved and the EAD will be mailed separately. How long does it take to get combo card after this?

She has to wait for the card before working right? Thanks so much in advance!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline

If your timeline is correct and you filled for the combo card that's what you will get. 

I got the same info and got the combo card.

The NOA comes separately. 

"some beautiful paths can't be discovered without getting lost." 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
14 minutes ago, clw654321 said:

We got a letter today saying that my wife's AP has been approved and the EAD will be mailed separately. How long does it take to get combo card after this?

She has to wait for the card before working right? Thanks so much in advance!!!

Couple weeks from when card production is ordered

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

My wife's physical card showed up 6 days after the notice. Technically you can't start working until you have the actual card, but the employer my wife was going to be working at allowed her to start orientation with just the letter. The letter came on Saturday, she called the boss, and they had her start orientation on Monday, the physical card showed up on Thursday, and she took it in on Friday and did all the payroll forms then. Since it was going to be 2 weeks from start date to payroll they said no issue, as I don't think orientation was paid anyway.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Loren Y said:

My wife's physical card showed up 6 days after the notice. Technically you can't start working until you have the actual card, but the employer my wife was going to be working at allowed her to start orientation with just the letter. The letter came on Saturday, she called the boss, and they had her start orientation on Monday, the physical card showed up on Thursday, and she took it in on Friday and did all the payroll forms then. Since it was going to be 2 weeks from start date to payroll they said no issue, as I don't think orientation was paid anyway.

Thanks! So we were supposed to "file" for a card? Or everyone that files for EAD/AP gets a combo card?

Edited by clw654321

Timeline

If you filed EAD AP you should get a combo card if you filed both forms at the same time. I have heard of people getting 2 separate cards when they filed the AP separate from the EAD.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Timeline
Just now, Loren Y said:

If you filed EAD AP you should get a combo card if you filed both forms at the same time. I have heard of people getting 2 separate cards when they filed the AP separate from the EAD.

Ok. We filed at the same time. Would it be safe to assume she gets the card by Friday give or take a couple days?

Timeline
28 minutes ago, clw654321 said:

Ok. We filed at the same time. Would it be safe to assume she gets the card by Friday give or take a couple days?

Hopefully, my wife got the letter on a Saturday, and the card on Thursday via priority mail USPS. If you log into your online account, they give you the tracking number for the card.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Loren Y said:

Hopefully, my wife got the letter on a Saturday, and the card on Thursday via priority mail USPS. If you log into your online account, they give you the tracking number for the card.

Awesome! Thanks!!!

Timeline
32 minutes ago, clw654321 said:

On May 9, 2019, the Post Office delivered your new card for Receipt Number MSC1990xxxxxxx, to the address that you gave us. The tracking number assigned is 92055901537084272xxxxx. You can use your tracking number at www.USPS.com in the Quick Tools Tracking section. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

from my USCIS account. Numbers x out for my protection... LOL.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Loren Y said:

On May 9, 2019, the Post Office delivered your new card for Receipt Number MSC1990xxxxxxx, to the address that you gave us. The tracking number assigned is 92055901537084272xxxxx. You can use your tracking number at www.USPS.com in the Quick Tools Tracking section. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

from my USCIS account. Numbers x out for my protection... LOL.

It says “We ordered your new card on 9/12/19” but I don’t see the tracking information.

10 minutes ago, clw654321 said:

It says “We ordered your new card on 9/12/19” but I don’t see the tracking information.

The tracking info is two statuses away from the status you have.

Timeline
34 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

The tracking info is two statuses away from the status you have.

Oh... How long until I should see the tracking information then?

This week maybe...

12 minutes ago, clw654321 said:

Oh... How long until I should see the tracking information then?

This week maybe...

There will a couple of days lapse in between status changes 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Loren Y said:

FWIW, my wife got the letters on Saturday; card should have been with them, but was delayed somewhere along the line and should be here today.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.