USAUAinCZ

I just filed my I-130. Do all Cases right now get sent to Nebraska?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I sent my petition from abroad to the Chicago lockbox. I just got a notification from my bank today that they cashed my check. I assume I'll get a notification soon about which center it will be sent to, but it seems like everybody is just sent to Nebraska right now. Is that true? My home address in the USA is in New York if that matters. Just curious. 

thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, USAUAinCZ said:

I sent my petition from abroad to the Chicago lockbox. I just got a notification from my bank today that they cashed my check. I assume I'll get a notification soon about which center it will be sent to, but it seems like everybody is just sent to Nebraska right now. Is that true? My home address in the USA is in New York if that matters. Just curious. 

thanks!

If you look at the back of the check at the endorsement you just might find the case number 

YMMV

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
42 minutes ago, payxibka said:

....you just might find the case number 

Yes, since your check has been cashed, you should be notified shortly and I think you'll be getting a receipt number, not a case #.

Edited by Karim2018

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
3 hours ago, Karim2018 said:

Yes, since your check has been cashed, you should be notified shortly and I think you'll be getting a receipt number, not a case #.

Receipt number and case number are the same.  

4 hours ago, payxibka said:

If you look at the back of the check at the endorsement you just might find the case number 

That stopped years ago.  Checks aren't deposited like they used to be, so no endorsement either.  Maybe ten years ago that would work.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
5 hours ago, pushbrk said:

Receipt number and case number are the same. 

It is my understanding that at the USCIS stage they provide you with a receipt # and once your paperwork goes to NVC they then give you a case #.

Edited by Karim2018

Timeline
10 hours ago, Karim2018 said:

It is my understanding that at the USCIS stage they provide you with a receipt # and once your paperwork goes to NVC they then give you a case #.

USCIS provides you with a USCIS case number which is the same as the receipt number.  Pataytoe, patawtoe.

NVC is Dept. of State.  They provide a Dept. of State Case number.  Pataytoe, apple..  

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
22 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

USCIS provides you with a USCIS case number which is the same as the receipt number.  Pataytoe, patawtoe.

NVC is Dept. of State.  They provide a Dept. of State Case number.  Pataytoe, apple..  

Thanks for the "Dan Quayle" clarification :)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well if we are sorting potatoes.    USCIS has a RECEIPT number (as noted on the I-797), not a case file number.   Once a NVC they will get a case file number for the specific embassy and affix it to the file.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Where your petition gets sent to will be decided by the lockbox. Not everyone gets sent to Nebraska, and your US address being in New York holds no bearing on where it will be sent either. The lockbox will assign it to a service center on their own criteria, whatever that is, but it's certainly not geographic

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Timeline
9 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Well if we are sorting potatoes.    USCIS has a RECEIPT number (as noted on the I-797), not a case file number.   Once a NVC they will get a case file number for the specific embassy and affix it to the file.

It is not "incorrect" to refer to the USCIS "receipt number" as a "case number".  It's important for  people to know they will have a USCIS number AND a Dept. of State case number.  I can assure you that USCIS personnel work on cases, and those cases have identifying numbers, that match what they refer to as a receipt number on their own notices of action.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

The below is wrong ...    @Karim  is correct

23 hours ago, pushbrk said:

USCIS provides you with a USCIS case number

As I stated earlier  ... fact is USCIS issues a RECEIPT number, read any I-797*.   Not even a point of discussion.

And with all these spuds we should make french fries.  ;)  

As shown in this image off the internet (no personal info here .. mods).

Image result for i-797

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.