dwheels76

NVC Filers - September 2019

879 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, Saci Singh said:

Thank you.

It turns out I don't have a joint sponsor. 

My father will be it.. actually 2018 he didn't make much and we have two younger siblings.  he collects social security also.

Can some people on here pray for me 🙏🏼. I hope it'll work.

I'm from not a wealthy family and I didn't work.

How can your father guarantee you and your husband won't be a public charge if he himself is? 🤨 

You need another joint sponsor. You are literally setting yourself up for failure. Take Jaret&Rachael's advice. 

And file taxes. It's an obligation you have as an USC. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, JKSdoc said:

Hi everyone!

Original submission 8/20/2019

We got reviewed last night 9/25/2019

2 rejections:

-one for tax return and w2 to be in separate file (kind of expected this, but learned about it too late); 

-Canada police cert was wrong.. we missed the whole "purpose should now be under privacy Act instead of visa processing border crossing)

Just giving everyone a heads up!

Will update timeline once we get the new police cert

Best of luck to all!

I think maybe your Police Report is just a requirement for Canada as other countries do not have that option for a PCC. Only Visa related purposes. 

NOA 1:           September 18, 2018

NOA 2:           August  20, 2019 

Sent NVC:      September 11, 2019

Rec NVC:       September 18, 2019

Case #           October 16, 2019

Docs Sub:      October 21, 2019

Doc Qual.       October  22, 2019 

IL:                    January 23, 2020

INT. Date:       February 11, 2020

APPROVED

POE  Date      March 11, 2020

GC Received  July 3, 2020

Timeline
1 hour ago, Weebee said:

How can your father guarantee you and your husband won't be a public charge if he himself is? 🤨 

You need another joint sponsor. You are literally setting yourself up for failure. Take Jaret&Rachael's advice. 

I agree..getting this far wishing on a prayer is not going to get you approved. Please try to slow down and find a sponsor that can support you in this process. It is better to do the research now and than to add months later. good luck Saci Singh

Edited by GAMAJM

NOA 1:           September 18, 2018

NOA 2:           August  20, 2019 

Sent NVC:      September 11, 2019

Rec NVC:       September 18, 2019

Case #           October 16, 2019

Docs Sub:      October 21, 2019

Doc Qual.       October  22, 2019 

IL:                    January 23, 2020

INT. Date:       February 11, 2020

APPROVED

POE  Date      March 11, 2020

GC Received  July 3, 2020

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, JKSdoc said:

Hi everyone!

Original submission 8/20/2019

We got reviewed last night 9/25/2019

2 rejections:

-one for tax return and w2 to be in separate file (kind of expected this, but learned about it too late); 

-Canada police cert was wrong.. we missed the whole "purpose should now be under privacy Act instead of visa processing border crossing)

Just giving everyone a heads up!

Will update timeline once we get the new police cert

Best of luck to all!

Thanks for sharing! I have no idea why it looks like they're "splitting hair" about something like tax return and w2! Why can't those be combined into one stupid PDF? Furthermore, so what if it's in one pdf?! I'm sure they all have the professional edition of Adobe, which lets you split the file or extract the page(s) of interest to you from the pdf we send. As if the USCIS/NVC wait we all have to go through and the frustration of being far away from our love ones isn't enough! They want add more wait to an already seemingly endless process! Furthermore, to my knowledge, there's is no where on the i-864 instructions where it says DO NOT combine tax returns with w2s! Is there? I had 2 W2s in 2018, and Ive combined those in 1 pdf. Now, I wouldn't be surprised if they come back (for the 2nd time) and say you have to submit each one in a separate pdf! I can understand if a document is missing or incorrect, but this?!! they're taking it to a new dimension of stupidity and nonsense!

Edited by Karim2018

3 minutes ago, Karim2018 said:

Thanks for sharing! I have no idea why it looks like they're "splitting hair" about something like tax return and w2! Why can't those be combined into one stupid PDF? Furthermore, so what if it's in one pdf?! I'm sure they all have the professional edition of Adobe, which lets you split the file or extract the page(s) of interest to you from the pdf we send. As if the USCIS/NVC wait we all have to go through and the frustration of being far away from our love ones isn't enough! They want add more wait to an already seemingly endless process! Furthermore, there's is no where on the i-864 instructions where it says DO NOT combine tax returns with w2s! Is there? I had 2 W2s in 2018, and Ive combined those in 1 pdf. Now, I wouldn't be surprised if they come back and say you have to submit each one in a separate pdf! Nonsense!

hey there my husband and I didn't submit the w2 because it didn't say to do so . is that a problem is that required for specific ppl or specific reasons ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
4 minutes ago, zahira33 said:

hey there my husband and I didn't submit the w2 because it didn't say to do so . is that a problem is that required for specific ppl or specific reasons ?

Well, according to the instructions, if you submit tax transcripts (issued by IRS), you do not need the w2s. but if you submit tax returns, then you must also submit w2s. I did both, tax transcript and W2s. I've figured I had nothing to loose, so Ive resubmitted  w2s as well as a tax transcript separately, of course.

Edited by Karim2018

2 minutes ago, Karim2018 said:

Well, according to the instructions, if you submit tax transcripts (issued by IRS), you do not need the w2s. but if you submit tax returns, then you must also submit w2s.

we submitted tax transcipts so that wont be an issue right ?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Weebee said:

My father get social security retirement and he works also

I can't find a joint sponsor. People in this world are really complicated. 

What I can do.  I'm going to try my father.  No one wants to help.

40 minutes ago, Karim2018 said:

Thanks for sharing! I have no idea why it looks like they're "splitting hair" about something like tax return and w2! Why can't those be combined into one stupid PDF? Furthermore, so what if it's in one pdf?! I'm sure they all have the professional edition of Adobe, which lets you split the file or extract the page(s) of interest to you from the pdf we send. As if the USCIS/NVC wait we all have to go through and the frustration of being far away from our love ones isn't enough! They want add more wait to an already seemingly endless process! Furthermore, to my knowledge, there's is no where on the i-864 instructions where it says DO NOT combine tax returns with w2s! Is there? I had 2 W2s in 2018, and Ive combined those in 1 pdf. Now, I wouldn't be surprised if they come back (for the 2nd time) and say you have to submit each one in a separate pdf! I can understand if a document is missing or incorrect, but this?!! they're taking it to a new dimension of stupidity and nonsense!

Mine was rejected because my lawyer send the w2 snd 1040 together and not in the right side up position so I called nvc they told me to resubmit w2 separate plus my transcript. Now I have to wait again for her mistake. 😣

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.