SanFranSokyo

Need Clarification on my Receipt #

18 posts in this topic

Hey All,

Glad to find this community. I was wondering if you can help me decipher my Receipt #. Just to give you a bit of context,  my wife and I have been married over 16 years and have a 13 year old daughter(US Citizen). In 2012 we decided to move to Japan to be closer to her family. (MIL was diagnosed with cancer but currently healthy today) I'm a USC and my wife had LPR  status when we moved to Japan, however due to our prolonged stay in Japan she surrendered her card GC voluntarily 2 years ago at the Tokyo US consulate. Around August 2018 I began my job search and decided to conduct job interviews in the SF, Bay Area with plans of moving back to the states. (I kinda wished I learned about DCF process before I left) Anyhow, I ended up getting a solid job and last week I sent the I-130 to the Phoenix Lockbox. Today I received the receipt text message. I was wondering if any of you can help me decipher this. ( IOE-09-073-2-0100) The first 3 letters doesn't appear to be associated to any of the prospective service centers. I wonder if this is because my wife was a previous GC holder and they already have an Approved LPR record. I haven't seen anyone with this situation in the VJ community. 

I appreciate your help!

Best,

Edited by SanFranSokyo
typo

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Just now, SanFranSokyo said:

Hey All,

Glad to find this community. I was wondering if you can help me decipher my Receipt #. Just to give you a bit of context,  my wife and I have been married over 16 years and have a 13 year old daughter(US Citizen). In 2012 we decided to move to Japan to be closer to her family. (MIL was diagnosed with cancer but currently healthy today) I'm a USC and my wife had LPR  status when we moved to Japan, however due to our prolonged stay in Japan she surrendered her card GC voluntarily 2 years ago at the Tokyo US consulate. Around August 2018 I began my job search and decided to conduct job interviews in the SF, Bay Area with plans of moving back to the states. (I kinda wished I learned about DCF process before I left) Anyhow, I ended up getting a solid job and last week I sent the I-130 to the Phoenix Lockbox. Today I received the receipt text message. I was wondering if any of you can help me decipher this. ( IOE-09-073-2-0100) The first 3 letters doesn't appear to be associated to any of the prospective service centers. I wonder if this is because my wife was a previous GC holder and they already have an Approved LPR record. I haven't seen anyone with this situation in the VJ community. 

I appreciate your help!

Best,

When I was paying for my gc my case number was IOE. Maybe your case is different because your wise once had a green card and maybe they will process her case in another manner (just my opinion). Have you received the letter they sent in the mail as they said? You may have more details about it on the hard copy of the letter.

34 minutes ago, SanFranSokyo said:

I wonder if this is because my wife was a previous GC holder and they already have an Approved LPR record.

No, that’s not it. From what I read, IOE indicates electronic filing/processing, meaning either the case was filed electronically or it is part of a pilot program where paper-filed petitions are scanned into the system for easier processing. It is “supposed” to be faster. Exactly where it is being adjudicated or how all of that works, I have no idea.

3 minutes ago, USS_Voyager said:

No, that’s not it. From what I read, IOE indicates electronic filing/processing, meaning either the case was filed electronically or it is part of a pilot program where paper-filed petitions are scanned into the system for easier processing. It is “supposed” to be faster. Exactly where it is being adjudicated or how all of that works, I have no idea.

I appreciate your input. I saw a few threads discussing IOE and some appeared to be process by TSC and Nebraska. Actually just received the text message today and Phoenix received the Fedex package last Friday. I guess I'll wait for the hard copy. 

14 minutes ago, mniceguy16 said:

When I was paying for my gc my case number was IOE. Maybe your case is different because your wise once had a green card and maybe they will process her case in another manner (just my opinion). Have you received the letter they sent in the mail as they said? You may have more details about it on the hard copy of the letter.

I haven't received the hard copy yet. Just the receipt text message today. Some of the folks in VJ have started an IOE thread which described the ELIS or electronic process. I appreciate you chiming in. 

5 hours ago, SanFranSokyo said:

Hey All,

I appreciate your help!

Best,

Hi. 

IOE receipts are what was said they are digitized. They are doing so to send it to service centers electronically. 

They can go to any service center. 

You'll get two pieces of mail. 

1. NOA1 with the service center it was sent to 

2. Registration instructions for myUSCIS. It will have a online code to enter. 

When you register on myUSCIS you'll probably may see your petition scanned as reported by others. 

It might be faster in the future but you'll be in line like everyone else. The be pilot program earlier this year has 1-3 month processing times for ioe receipts but it's rolled out now so it's regular queues now. 

Tip: if you get nebraska service center. File i-129f as a k-3. The likely hood of you getting a k-3 visa is slim to none but it may get your petition to the front of the line. 

Nothing is guaranteed though the loop hole might have ended. 

Good luck. 

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

24 minutes ago, JMPM said:

Tip: if you get nebraska service center. File i-129f as a k-3. The likely hood of you getting a k-3 visa is slim to none but it may get your petition to the front of the line. 

I think they’re starting to realize that ploy now. 

Edited by USS_Voyager

16 hours ago, USS_Voyager said:

I see, I appreciate you chiming in.

11 hours ago, JMPM said:

Hi. 

IOE receipts are what was said they are digitized. They are doing so to send it to service centers electronically. 

They can go to any service center. 

You'll get two pieces of mail. 

1. NOA1 with the service center it was sent to 

2. Registration instructions for myUSCIS. It will have a online code to enter. 

When you register on myUSCIS you'll probably may see your petition scanned as reported by others. 

It might be faster in the future but you'll be in line like everyone else. The be pilot program earlier this year has 1-3 month processing times for ioe receipts but it's rolled out now so it's regular queues now. 

Nothing is guaranteed though the loop hole might have ended. 

Good luck. 

I'll just have to be patient and wait to receive the hard copy to determine which service center. From what I gather from some in the VJ community, Nebraska appears to be a cluster mess.(hoping I don't get assign here) Either way this process will take time. For the mean time I planned to see the fam as much as possible, might just well make the most out of this less ideal situation. I appreciate you chiming in.

12 hours ago, JMPM said:

This is interesting. As I understand filing I-129F would cost me an additional $535 fee.  

33 minutes ago, SanFranSokyo said:

I'll just have to be patient and wait to receive the hard copy to determine which service center. From what I gather from some in the VJ community, Nebraska appears to be a cluster mess.(hoping I don't get assign here) Either way this process will take time. For the mean time I planned to see the fam as much as possible, might just well make the most out of this less ideal situation. I appreciate you chiming in.

Hey if you do get Nebraska there might be a chance of the process being much faster with the k-3 (you won't get a k-3 but you'll get the i-130 approved) if I had known I would have filed immediately after getting the NOA1. My wife could have flown back with me (I'm here in the ph ending my two month trip) 

Would have been awesome to see the embassy process in person but busy season starts at my job next Friday and doesn't end until June. The life of hospitality. 

4 minutes ago, SanFranSokyo said:

This is interesting. As I understand filing I-129F would cost me an additional $535 fee.  

Nope it's free for k3. Read the fees again. 

02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

4 minutes ago, JMPM said:

Hey if you do get Nebraska there might be a chance of the process being much faster with the k-3 (you won't get a k-3 but you'll get the i-130 approved) if I had known I would have filed immediately after getting the NOA1. My wife could have flown back with me (I'm here in the ph ending my two month trip) 

Would have been awesome to see the embassy process in person but busy season starts at my job next Friday and doesn't end until June. The life of hospitality. 

Nope it's free for k3. Read the fees again. 

Just read the Nebraska thread, I will seriously consider filing the I-129F if I get Nebraska since all I have to pay is the shipping cost. Might just well. 2 months in the PH nice. Always wanted to visit for vacay. May have to plan for that. My wife and I figure it may take a year for this process so I plan to visit Tokyo this October, Hawaii in April, and San Francisco next August for a month. (Japan is part of the Visa Waiver program)

2 minutes ago, SanFranSokyo said:

Just read the Nebraska thread, I will seriously consider filing the I-129F if I get Nebraska since all I have to pay is the shipping cost. Might just well. 2 months in the PH nice. Always wanted to visit for vacay. May have to plan for that. My wife and I figure it may take a year for this process so I plan to visit Tokyo this October, Hawaii in April, and San Francisco next August for a month. (Japan is part of the Visa Waiver program)

https://www.uscis.gov/family/family-us-citizens/k-3k-4-nonimmigrant-visas

Definitely visit the PH. Its beautiful. I need to continue my asian exploration. Did Taiwan Singapore and Thailand last month. Lucky with Japan it's on my bucket list but I got to wait for my wife not have to deal with any visa applications. 

3 hours ago, SanFranSokyo said:

I will seriously consider filing the I-129F if I get Nebraska since all I have to pay is the shipping cost. Might just well.

Where did your marriage occur? Depending on the marriage location, a I-129F filling for K-3 attempt might have a caveat: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-spouse-k-3.html

Edited by HRQX

10 minutes ago, HRQX said:

Where did your marriage occur? Depending on the marriage location, a I-129F filling for K-3 attempt might have a caveat: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-spouse-k-3.html

Atherton, California, USA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.