hope&patience00

Mom's immigrant visa is issued. Dad's stuck on "ready" for interview.

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi VJ peeps, 

Both my parents had their interview together end of June 2019. They had some documents missing so received a 221g sheet to submit the required.

They submitted the documents on July 18. Throughout this period, my dad's status was at Administrative Processing and my mom's was at ready [for interview].

On August 1, my mom's status changed from Ready to Issued and she received her passport with the visa the next day. My dad's status changed from AP to Ready [for interview]. It's almost been a month now and my dad's status has not changed. We have tried e-mailing and calling. No feedback. Anyone in/or has been in the same boat?

Appreciate any input.

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, hope&patience00 said:

@designguy Thank you for your input! So you're saying even if his status changed from AP to Ready [for interview], it still means AP? 

I believe i've seen posts where people's status toggles back and forth. I would probably wait a little and then maybe reach out to the embassy?

Timeline
4 hours ago, designguy said:

I believe i've seen posts where people's status toggles back and forth. I would probably wait a little and then maybe reach out to the embassy?

@designguy We're being patient, of course. Just confused. When we call the embassy, they tell us that they don't take calls in regards to case updates and ask us to send an email. When we send an e-mail, we receive an auto-response stating that they don't respond to inquiries about case updates. It's almost funny :)

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

When is a good time to reach out to your state's Senator for inquiry. I have tried to e-mail the embassy and call them multiple times- no feedback. They don't even respond or say that it's being reviewed or whatever. There is simply no way to get any sort of feedback. I called NVC and they said they see no problem with my dad's case and to call the embassy.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.