usmcwag

K1 K2 Visa - Parent Consent of Illegitimate Child

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Patriz and I are close to the Interview stage of our K1 Visa process.  Patriz has a 4 year old daughter in a K2 visa application and we are worried that she may not be able to leave PHI with her.

The daughter already has a Passport without fathers consent. 

Patriz has never been married. 

Father married another woman before the child was born.

Father's name is still on the Birth Certificate. 

The father is not supporting the daughter.

He does not see the daughter.  

Question:  Will she need a the father's consent if she has a CENOMAR?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Thousand of posts on this very subject and for PI not an issue, now different in other countries.

A quick search of the PI forum will find many many threads on this subject.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

17 minutes ago, usmcwag said:

Patriz and I are close to the Interview stage of our K1 Visa process.  Patriz has a 4 year old daughter in a K2 visa application and we are worried that she may not be able to leave PHI with her.

No, the daughter will be able to leave. If the mother has custody of the child like this then it is ok

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
24 minutes ago, usmcwag said:

Never married.    Mother has SOLE custody of the child.  Need NOTHING from the father.   Relax all is fine.

And here is a guide to the visa process for the Philippines.

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Remember with the k-2 everything for the visa process is X 2;  2 visa fees, 2 DS-160, 2 interview appt (when you schedule the K-1 online near the end it will ask if you want to schedule another, this is when you schedule the K-2)

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

No issue - with PH, the mother would have sole custody of the child, and sole custody is fine for emigrating there.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 8/27/2019 at 3:47 PM, usmcwag said:

You have nothing to worry about!!

Take it from my situation!😂

*6 years old illegitimate k2

*father is on birth certificate

*father support her sometime

*they didnt see each other for more than a year prior interview

**in short her relationship with her father was still fine but because shes minor and in my custody i fair nothing. I didn't tell him that im bringing the kid with me to the US.We left the country without him knowing. He was mad for 2 weeks when he found out but everything is good now. He now realize that his child will have a better life here than in Philippines.

So if you think about it. Compare your situation to my situation you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, FilAm24 said:

You have nothing to worry about!!

Take it from my situation!😂

*6 years old illegitimate k2

*father is on birth certificate

*father support her sometime

*they didnt see each other for more than a year prior interview

**in short her relationship with her father was still fine but because shes minor and in my custody i fair nothing. I didn't tell him that im bringing the kid with me to the US.We left the country without him knowing. He was mad for 2 weeks when he found out but everything is good now. He now realize that his child will have a better life here than in Philippines.

So if you think about it. Compare your situation to my situation you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

Thank you so much!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.