Jump to content

16 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

My husband is adjusting status through me a USC.

 

On june 12th USCIS received our case and began working on it.

 

on August 16th, 2019 we received an RFIE which states:

Submit a copy of the primary birth record issued by the appropriate civil authority for the applicant. The U.S Department of states visa reciprocity and civil documents indicates the only acceptable document is the Copy of Birth Folio, "Copia de Folio del Libro de Nacimientos." If the Copy of Birth, "Copia de Folio del Libro de Nacimientos," is not available , you must submit acceptable secondary evidence AND a letter from the government or other authority. Examples of acceptable secondary evidence may include, but is not limited to; church or school records, listing your parents names and your date of birth; hospital records of your birth; or other official records indicating a country and record of birth.

 

 

Im so confused because we sent his birth certificate. I have attached a copy of what the one we sent looked like. It is not my image, I got it from google.

Ive been doing some research and Im coming up with copies of stuff we cannot get easily, if at all.

Im so scared that my husband wont get accepted over this.

Anyone in a similar situation?

Tranlanguage-Birth-Certificate-Honduras.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Misspippin said:

My husband is adjusting status through me a USC.

 

On june 12th USCIS received our case and began working on it.

 

on August 16th, 2019 we received an RFIE which states:

Submit a copy of the primary birth record issued by the appropriate civil authority for the applicant. The U.S Department of states visa reciprocity and civil documents indicates the only acceptable document is the Copy of Birth Folio, "Copia de Folio del Libro de Nacimientos." If the Copy of Birth, "Copia de Folio del Libro de Nacimientos," is not available , you must submit acceptable secondary evidence AND a letter from the government or other authority. Examples of acceptable secondary evidence may include, but is not limited to; church or school records, listing your parents names and your date of birth; hospital records of your birth; or other official records indicating a country and record of birth.

 

 

Im so confused because we sent his birth certificate. I have attached a copy of what the one we sent looked like. It is not my image, I got it from google.

Ive been doing some research and Im coming up with copies of stuff we cannot get easily, if at all.

Im so scared that my husband wont get accepted over this.

Anyone in a similar situation?

Tranlanguage-Birth-Certificate-Honduras.jpg

Did you include a translation of the birth certificate?  

 

Sometimes USCIS inexplicably requests documents that have already been sent.  I would send it again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Did you include a translation of the birth certificate?  

 

Sometimes USCIS inexplicably requests documents that have already been sent.  I would send it again.

Yes, I did include a translation but at the bottom it read "illegible seal" maybe because on my husbands the seal is hard to read?

 

But with some research, ive read that they want the complete original which is almost impossible to get.

Ive talked to others from Honduras who said they sent the same copy and it was accepted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello! I am in the same situation.

 

The reason they ask for this is because the above document you show is incredible easy to forge. So a copy will be even easier to do so. I think it's an appropriate measure but they should communicate what documents are an are not acceptable based on country earlier in the application process (i.e. in the instructions).

 

I luckily spoke with my mother who can go to the appropriate office in Honduras to obtain it. They are basically asking for a copy of the actual book where births are written down.

 

It's not impossible to get, there may be international services who could do it for you. I found this with a quick google search:

 

http://tramiteshn.com/2017/07/24/obtener-la-copia-del-folio-original-nacimiento-honduras/

 

Good luck! I am also working through this right now. 

Edited by Aquiles Parodi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Aquiles Parodi said:

Hello! I am in the same situation.

 

The reason they ask for this is because the above document you show is incredible easy to forge. So a copy will be even easier to do so. I think it's an appropriate measure but they should communicate what documents are an are not acceptable based on country earlier in the application process (i.e. in the instructions).

 

I luckily spoke with my mother who can go to the appropriate office in Honduras to obtain it. They are basically asking for a copy of the actual book where births are written down.

 

It's not impossible to get, there may be international services who could do it for you. I found this with a quick google search:

 

http://tramiteshn.com/2017/07/24/obtener-la-copia-del-folio-original-nacimiento-honduras/

 

Good luck! I am also working through this right now. 

Hello!

 

Yes we thankfully got his brother to get us a copy. I have already responded to USCIS so hopefully all goes well.

 

 

Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2019 at 1:14 PM, Aquiles Parodi said:

Hello! I am in the same situation.

 

The reason they ask for this is because the above document you show is incredible easy to forge. So a copy will be even easier to do so. I think it's an appropriate measure but they should communicate what documents are an are not acceptable based on country earlier in the application process (i.e. in the instructions).

 

I luckily spoke with my mother who can go to the appropriate office in Honduras to obtain it. They are basically asking for a copy of the actual book where births are written down.

 

It's not impossible to get, there may be international services who could do it for you. I found this with a quick google search:

 

http://tramiteshn.com/2017/07/24/obtener-la-copia-del-folio-original-nacimiento-honduras/

 

Good luck! I am also working through this right now. 

 

On 9/30/2019 at 2:06 PM, Misspippin said:

Hello!

 

Yes we thankfully got his brother to get us a copy. I have already responded to USCIS so hopefully all goes well.

 

 

Good luck!

Hello,

just got that RFE letter today.  What did you send the birth certificate or the folio copy? Also have USCIS replied about what you sent? Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Milton88 said:

 

Hello,

just got that RFE letter today.  What did you send the birth certificate or the folio copy? Also have USCIS replied about what you sent? Thanks!

We sent the folio copy. His brother in Honduras went and requested a copy form the book of births. I sent it a month ago and they haven't said anything so I'm pretty sure they accepted it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Misspippin said:

We sent the folio copy. His brother in Honduras went and requested a copy form the book of births. I sent it a month ago and they haven't said anything so I'm pretty sure they accepted it

Great.  These are only examples.  Which one was similar? 

2C48FC07-5F63-44FA-BA21-0AF326E60A6F.jpeg

149D39A4-A24D-48D6-83BE-DFD342886F6B.jpeg

52380D92-BBB7-46C3-AC70-23EB6DB90AB9.jpeg

A1D628FD-1DAB-41C7-89D0-F4ED0C3CBC85.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, can you tell me how you went about getting the copy of the folio birth certificate? I can ask someone to go get it for my husband in Tegucigalpa but the issue is then getting the copy here to the states? Did they email you the copy or scan it to you? Thank you! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Savanna0501 said:

Hi, can you tell me how you went about getting the copy of the folio birth certificate? I can ask someone to go get it for my husband in Tegucigalpa but the issue is then getting the copy here to the states? Did they email you the copy or scan it to you? Thank you! 

We had my husband's brother overnight it to us. Cost 80 dollars just to overnight it but it was worth the peace of mind. Because we wanted the original copy with the stamp on it. Don't email it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Misspippin said:

We had my husband's brother overnight it to us. Cost 80 dollars just to overnight it but it was worth the peace of mind. Because we wanted the original copy with the stamp on it. Don't email it

Everything submitted to the USCIS is a legible copy of the original document.   Scan and email is perfectly acceptable 


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Everything submitted to the USCIS is a legible copy of the original document.   Scan and email is perfectly acceptable 

I just personally think it's worth it to have everything in your own possession but to each his own. I like have the original copies, never know of they will ask for you to being it to the interview or if you might need it some day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Misspippin said:

I just personally think it's worth it to have everything in your own possession but to each his own. I like have the original copies, never know of they will ask for you to being it to the interview or if you might need it some day.

The OP never said that they wouldn't collect the original in the future,  but was trying to get a response to the RFE as fast as they could 


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...