39 posts in this topic

My husband is adjusting status through me a USC.

On june 12th USCIS received our case and began working on it.

on August 16th, 2019 we received an RFIE which states:

Submit a copy of the primary birth record issued by the appropriate civil authority for the applicant. The U.S Department of states visa reciprocity and civil documents indicates the only acceptable document is the Copy of Birth Folio, "Copia de Folio del Libro de Nacimientos." If the Copy of Birth, "Copia de Folio del Libro de Nacimientos," is not available , you must submit acceptable secondary evidence AND a letter from the government or other authority. Examples of acceptable secondary evidence may include, but is not limited to; church or school records, listing your parents names and your date of birth; hospital records of your birth; or other official records indicating a country and record of birth.

Im so confused because we sent his birth certificate. I have attached a copy of what the one we sent looked like. It is not my image, I got it from google.

Ive been doing some research and Im coming up with copies of stuff we cannot get easily, if at all.

Im so scared that my husband wont get accepted over this.

Anyone in a similar situation?

Tranlanguage-Birth-Certificate-Honduras.jpg

3 minutes ago, Misspippin said:

My husband is adjusting status through me a USC.

On june 12th USCIS received our case and began working on it.

on August 16th, 2019 we received an RFIE which states:

Submit a copy of the primary birth record issued by the appropriate civil authority for the applicant. The U.S Department of states visa reciprocity and civil documents indicates the only acceptable document is the Copy of Birth Folio, "Copia de Folio del Libro de Nacimientos." If the Copy of Birth, "Copia de Folio del Libro de Nacimientos," is not available , you must submit acceptable secondary evidence AND a letter from the government or other authority. Examples of acceptable secondary evidence may include, but is not limited to; church or school records, listing your parents names and your date of birth; hospital records of your birth; or other official records indicating a country and record of birth.

Im so confused because we sent his birth certificate. I have attached a copy of what the one we sent looked like. It is not my image, I got it from google.

Ive been doing some research and Im coming up with copies of stuff we cannot get easily, if at all.

Im so scared that my husband wont get accepted over this.

Anyone in a similar situation?

Tranlanguage-Birth-Certificate-Honduras.jpg

Did you include a translation of the birth certificate?  

Sometimes USCIS inexplicably requests documents that have already been sent.  I would send it again.

3 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Did you include a translation of the birth certificate?  

Sometimes USCIS inexplicably requests documents that have already been sent.  I would send it again.

Yes, I did include a translation but at the bottom it read "illegible seal" maybe because on my husbands the seal is hard to read?

But with some research, ive read that they want the complete original which is almost impossible to get.

Ive talked to others from Honduras who said they sent the same copy and it was accepted.

• 1 month later...
Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Hello! I am in the same situation.

The reason they ask for this is because the above document you show is incredible easy to forge. So a copy will be even easier to do so. I think it's an appropriate measure but they should communicate what documents are an are not acceptable based on country earlier in the application process (i.e. in the instructions).

I luckily spoke with my mother who can go to the appropriate office in Honduras to obtain it. They are basically asking for a copy of the actual book where births are written down.

It's not impossible to get, there may be international services who could do it for you. I found this with a quick google search:

http://tramiteshn.com/2017/07/24/obtener-la-copia-del-folio-original-nacimiento-honduras/

Good luck! I am also working through this right now. 

Edited by Aquiles Parodi

50 minutes ago, Aquiles Parodi said:

The reason they ask for this is because the above document you show is incredible easy to forge. So a copy will be even easier to do so. I think it's an appropriate measure but they should communicate what documents are an are not acceptable based on country earlier in the application process (i.e. in the instructions).

I luckily spoke with my mother who can go to the appropriate office in Honduras to obtain it. They are basically asking for a copy of the actual book where births are written down.

It's not impossible to get, there may be international services who could do it for you. I found this with a quick google search:

http://tramiteshn.com/2017/07/24/obtener-la-copia-del-folio-original-nacimiento-honduras/

Hello!

Yes we thankfully got his brother to get us a copy. I have already responded to USCIS so hopefully all goes well.

Good luck!

On 9/30/2019 at 1:14 PM, Aquiles Parodi said:

On 9/30/2019 at 2:06 PM, Misspippin said:

Hello!

Yes we thankfully got his brother to get us a copy. I have already responded to USCIS so hopefully all goes well.

Good luck!

Hello,

just got that RFE letter today.  What did you send the birth certificate or the folio copy? Also have USCIS replied about what you sent? Thanks!

44 minutes ago, Milton88 said:

Hello,

just got that RFE letter today.  What did you send the birth certificate or the folio copy? Also have USCIS replied about what you sent? Thanks!

We sent the folio copy. His brother in Honduras went and requested a copy form the book of births. I sent it a month ago and they haven't said anything so I'm pretty sure they accepted it

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Hi, can you tell me how you went about getting the copy of the folio birth certificate? I can ask someone to go get it for my husband in Tegucigalpa but the issue is then getting the copy here to the states? Did they email you the copy or scan it to you? Thank you! 

2 hours ago, Savanna0501 said:

Hi, can you tell me how you went about getting the copy of the folio birth certificate? I can ask someone to go get it for my husband in Tegucigalpa but the issue is then getting the copy here to the states? Did they email you the copy or scan it to you? Thank you! 

We had my husband's brother overnight it to us. Cost 80 dollars just to overnight it but it was worth the peace of mind. Because we wanted the original copy with the stamp on it. Don't email it

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Misspippin said:

We had my husband's brother overnight it to us. Cost 80 dollars just to overnight it but it was worth the peace of mind. Because we wanted the original copy with the stamp on it. Don't email it

Everything submitted to the USCIS is a legible copy of the original document.   Scan and email is perfectly acceptable 

YMMV

8 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Everything submitted to the USCIS is a legible copy of the original document.   Scan and email is perfectly acceptable 

I just personally think it's worth it to have everything in your own possession but to each his own. I like have the original copies, never know of they will ask for you to being it to the interview or if you might need it some day.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, Misspippin said:

I just personally think it's worth it to have everything in your own possession but to each his own. I like have the original copies, never know of they will ask for you to being it to the interview or if you might need it some day.

The OP never said that they wouldn't collect the original in the future,  but was trying to get a response to the RFE as fast as they could 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.