39 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Mariel00532 said:

Hi! I'm going through the AOS process for myself through marriage and received the same letter the OP posted asking for the copy of the folio de nacimiento en Honduras. My aunt back in the capital can get it for me but I'm still unclear on whether getting it authenticated is sufficient, or whether it also needs an apostille (apostilla)? Also, how long after you sent in the copy of the birth folio did your case get accepted? Thank you so much! 

We didn't get a apostille but whatever is safer for you.

It was like 8 months after 

17 hours ago, Mariel00532 said:

Hi! I'm going through the AOS process for myself through marriage and received the same letter the OP posted asking for the copy of the folio de nacimiento en Honduras. My aunt back in the capital can get it for me but I'm still unclear on whether getting it authenticated is sufficient, or whether it also needs an apostille (apostilla)? Also, how long after you sent in the copy of the birth folio did your case get accepted? Thank you so much! 

Once we sent in the correct paperwork, they accepted case like 40 days later.

• 3 months later...
9 hours ago, Navarrete41051994 said:

After submitting  the copy of the birth folio and getting the interview, how was the interview like? 
did the officer requested for the birth folio or just the regular copy of the birth certicate?  
 did he make any comments about it? 

The interview was awful.

I got this guy who I swear must've been police or military.  He had that "cop" tone of authority that was very intimidating.  I remember going in he asked us for our ID's and passports.  My wife was previously divorced so he was slowly and intently looking for a problem with any of her paperwork.  Repeating these actions multiple times and bringing up the smallest of details by which to critique.  My driver's license was never updated and had a different address on it, so he promptly accused us of not living together.  

The folio of birth was exactly none of the issue.  He never even mentioned it.

On Dec 23rd I received an NOID due to his belief that we didn't live together (despite the over 100 photos we provided of our relationship, bank statements, affidavits).

We had to hire another lawyer and submitted a 350+ page response.  It was not pretty.

I probably got the worst consular you could get.  So don't expect your experience to be as bad as mine.  Here's our timeline:

October 16, 2019 We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case.
November 15, 2019 We completed our review of your fingerprints and are continuing to work on your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
December 2, 2019 We sent a request for initial evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
December 20, 2019 We received your response for Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
March 12, 2020 We are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, for an interview.
October 15, 2020 We scheduled an interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
---Dec 23,2020 Notice of Intent to Deny received---
May 4, 2021 We ordered your new card.
May 5, 2021 We approved your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
directly to the address you gave us.
May 7, 2021 We mailed your new card your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status,
May 10, 2021 The Post Office picked up mail containing your new card.
May 7, 2021 Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

Edited by wolf39us

• 1 year later...
7 hours ago, JoseRivera said:

How do you translate the folio Copy? It seems a lot details, or you did not translate ? 

If you are comfortable with both languages you COULD do it.  That being said, if you really wanna be sure, just use a translate service.

By the way, on my situation... we have now filed for removal of conditions in Feb.  So far so good.  Just have to wait for her new 10 year!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.