39 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
On 8/22/2019 at 9:34 PM, Misspippin said:

My husband is adjusting status through me a USC.

On june 12th USCIS received our case and began working on it.

on August 16th, 2019 we received an RFIE which states:

Submit a copy of the primary birth record issued by the appropriate civil authority for the applicant. The U.S Department of states visa reciprocity and civil documents indicates the only acceptable document is the Copy of Birth Folio, "Copia de Folio del Libro de Nacimientos." If the Copy of Birth, "Copia de Folio del Libro de Nacimientos," is not available , you must submit acceptable secondary evidence AND a letter from the government or other authority. Examples of acceptable secondary evidence may include, but is not limited to; church or school records, listing your parents names and your date of birth; hospital records of your birth; or other official records indicating a country and record of birth.

Im so confused because we sent his birth certificate. I have attached a copy of what the one we sent looked like. It is not my image, I got it from google.

Ive been doing some research and Im coming up with copies of stuff we cannot get easily, if at all.

Im so scared that my husband wont get accepted over this.

Anyone in a similar situation?

Tranlanguage-Birth-Certificate-Honduras.jpg

Hello, me and my husband are in the same situation we just received the request for initial evidence. We are not exactly sure how to even get started on this. What did you send in and have they accepted it? My husband has a brother down there but here should he go to hospital or the registro civil ? Thank you so much so relieving when you find people on the same journey that could help out! 

43 minutes ago, lucero_enriquez said:

Hello, me and my husband are in the same situation we just received the request for initial evidence. We are not exactly sure how to even get started on this. What did you send in and have they accepted it? My husband has a brother down there but here should he go to hospital or the registro civil ? Thank you so much so relieving when you find people on the same journey that could help out! 

We had his brother go to the registro. He asked for the birth folio, it's an actual photocopy from the book of births. 

Screenshot_20191123-171702.png

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, wolf39us said:

Hi there!  I hate to revive such an old post but my wife received the exact same letter when she sent her acta de nacimiento.

We are trying to find out if we need to do the apostillar thing?

When I went to the embassy on 2017 the officer told me that the didn’t request apostilla (I was an IR2) , but in the process with my wife (F2A) this year we made the apostilla to all of the documents just in case, we got DQ from the nvc and still waiting for an interview since Nov 1 

On 12/9/2019 at 11:16 AM, wolf39us said:

Hi there!  I hate to revive such an old post but my wife received the exact same letter when she sent her acta de nacimiento.

Help, I'm not sure what that is but all we did was got the photo copy with the stamp and then translated it

On 12/9/2019 at 11:16 AM, wolf39us said:

Good Morning,

I did the apostille copy just as an extra certification.  I translated that also.  Sent it Dec 2nd.  

Edited by Milton88

We received the folio and are now reading the additional notes.

She was divorced in Honduras but doesn't have a divorce decree.

There is a note stating that a divorce is in a specific volume / folio.  Did any of you submit with an additional document for divorce or were you able to prove divorce with the additional notes in the original copia de folio del nacimiento?

25 minutes ago, wolf39us said:

We received the folio and are now reading the additional notes.

She was divorced in Honduras but doesn't have a divorce decree.

There is a note stating that a divorce is in a specific volume / folio.  Did any of you submit with an additional document for divorce or were you able to prove divorce with the additional notes in the original copia de folio del nacimiento?

To be extra clear

The RFE does NOT ask for a divorce decree or folio.

The copia de folio del nacimiento explicitly mentions the marriage and subsequent divorce as well as the originally filed acta de nacimiento.

What I’m curious about is if sending information they didn’t ask for is something we should do or if we should assume that the information provided is sufficient and I should only respond with the copia de folio del nacimiento?

• 8 months later...
On 10/15/2019 at 6:50 PM, Misspippin said:

We had my husband's brother overnight it to us. Cost 80 dollars just to overnight it but it was worth the peace of mind. Because we wanted the original copy with the stamp on it. Don't email it

Hi. 

I have the same now. I'm curious about. Did you sent just the copy with the stamp? 

Or is it also necessary to certify it in the secretary of foreign relations of Tegucigalpa?

7 hours ago, Misspippin said:

We got the copy with the stamp and it worked

I can double check when I get home 

We personally did not have an apostillar but better safe than sorry.

My brother in law got my husband's birth folio from San Pedro sula, didn't even have to go to the capital but everyone's case is different.

Better to be extra cautious

• 8 months later...

Hi! I'm going through the AOS process for myself through marriage and received the same letter the OP posted asking for the copy of the folio de nacimiento en Honduras. My aunt back in the capital can get it for me but I'm still unclear on whether getting it authenticated is sufficient, or whether it also needs an apostille (apostilla)? Also, how long after you sent in the copy of the birth folio did your case get accepted? Thank you so much! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.