abdo1

issue with casablanca US consulate

66 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, abdo1 said:

but in the affidavit of support it says first or second joint sponsor, so yes you can have two joint sponsor in spouse visa case see attached photo...

Untitled.png

I believe that is referring to a joint sponsor who has a spouse, but I'll defer to others here who know for sure.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
7 minutes ago, abdo1 said:

but in the affidavit of support it says first or second joint sponsor, so yes you can have two joint sponsor in spouse visa case see attached photo...

Untitled.png

You can only have one joint sponsor with one intending immigrant. A second joint sponsor is for if you are bringing over more than one intending immigrant. You can’t have 2 joint sponsors for one person. You said you’re going to use your wife’s cousin instead; is her cousin a US citizen/LPR with US based income? If you can upload a picture of the exact wording of the 221g maybe everyone here will be able to better assist you.

5 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

I believe that is referring to a joint sponsor who has a spouse, but I'll defer to others here who know for sure.

A spouse of a joint sponsor would just be a household member of that joint sponsor, not a second joint sponsor, second joint sponsors are used but only if there’s more than one immigrant being sponsored

Edited by LilyJ

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 minutes ago, LilyJ said:

You can only have one joint sponsor per intending immigrant. A second joint sponsor is for if you are bringing over more than one intending immigrant. You can’t have 2 joint sponsors for one person. You said you’re going to use your wife’s cousin instead; is her cousin a US citizen/LPR with US based income? If you can upload a picture of the exact wording of the 221g maybe everyone here will be able to better assist you.

yes my wife's cousin is US citizen with US income attached 221g highlighted, remember my current joint sponsor makes 70000 a year so why he is requesting another joint sponsor..i got congressman involved and the consular officer replied that if he believe that joint sponsor not sufficient he could request another joint sponsor, thats the answer i got from congressman....

2.png

i got congressman involved and the consular officer replied that if he believe that joint sponsor not sufficient he could request another joint sponsor, thats the answer i got from congressman....

You wasted your time there.  Congress members do not intervene with the minutiae of consular business.  The public charge issue is discretionary.  If the CO requested a different joint sponsor, you're better off getting one than arguing about it here on VJ or making nonsensical inquiries to congress.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, abdo1 said:

yes my wife's cousin is US citizen with US income attached 221g highlighted, remember my current joint sponsor makes 70000 a year so why he is requesting another joint sponsor..i got congressman involved and the consular officer replied that if he believe that joint sponsor not sufficient he could request another joint sponsor, thats the answer i got from congressman....

2.png

You said your dad filled out I864a? Maybe that's the problem, if you had him fill out I864a (household member of sponsor) instead of I864. Because if he filled out I864a, and not I864, then he wouldn't be a joint sponsor, he would be a household member of sponsor (you), combining income. Did you also include his tax transcripts and proof of US citizenship/LPR status? If he's married, did you have his spouse fill out I864a combining income with his? Did you include W2s and/or proof of current income?

Edit: My mistake, just realized it was the OP who stated the joint sponsor filled out I864a, not you; regardless, if the other things stated were not submitted that could have caused the problem

Edited by LilyJ

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

• Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

Timeline
1 minute ago, Jorgedig said:

You wasted your time there.  Congress members do not intervene with the minutiae of consular business.  The public charge issue is discretionary.  If the CO requested a different joint sponsor, you're better off getting one than arguing about it here on VJ or making nonsensical inquiries to congress.

already sent another one last week with my passport....

Timeline
1 minute ago, LilyJ said:

You said your dad filled out I864a? Maybe that's the problem, if you had him fill out I864a (household member of sponsor) instead of I864. Because if he filled out I864a, and not I864, then he wouldn't be a joint sponsor, he would be a household member of sponsor (you), combining income. Did you also include his tax transcripts and proof of US citizenship/LPR status? If he's married, did you have his spouse fill out I864a combining income with his? Did you include W2s and/or proof of current income?

its not me who post this post its ahqs90

Timeline
2 minutes ago, abdo1 said:

its not me who post this post its ahqs90

Yes I realized that and edited it afterwards. Regardless, if you didn't provide all the evidence required for showing the joint sponsor's US citizenship/LPR status and proof of income then that could cause problems, plus that you still cannot have 2 joint sponsors at the same time for one immigrant. For OP ahqs90, the I864a still is not a joint sponsor it is a household member

Edited by LilyJ

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

Interview Stage:

Timeline
1 minute ago, LilyJ said:

Yes I realized that and edited it afterwards. Regardless, if you didn't provide all the evidence required for showing the joint sponsor's US citizenship/LPR status and proof of income then that could cause problems, plus that you still cannot have 2 joint sponsors at the same time for one immigrant

i sent affidavit support, tax 2018 plus W2, birth certificate of us citizenship and drive license, also pay stubs for 2019 thats should be enough, but he requested another joint sponsor so i sent it to him i only did what he said...

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Just now, abdo1 said:

i sent affidavit support, tax 2018 plus W2, birth certificate of us citizenship and drive license, also pay stubs for 2019 thats should be enough, but he requested another joint sponsor so i sent it to him i only did what he said...

Let me get this straight.  You originally provided an I-864 from the petitioner and an I-864a from the person you are referring to with the $70,000 income?  If that is correct, there was never a FIRST "joint sponsor".  That person was a "family member", not a "joint sponsor".  

The next affidavit of support would have been coming from the one and only "joint sponsor".  Terms have specific meanings.  Use the wrong terms and you'll get the wrong answers.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
22 minutes ago, abdo1 said:

Untitled.png

You cannot have more than one joint sponsor for the spouse of a US Citizen.  There is context here.  In a different context, there is different information that applies.

While it is true that the affidavit itself provides for 1st and 2nd joint sponsors, the ability to use more than one is reserved for cases other than the immediate relative of a US Citizen.  This only works for cases where more than on immigrant can be petitioned on the same petition, NOT immediate relatives of US Citizens.  

Refer to the annonymous quote in my signature below.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
1 minute ago, pushbrk said:

Let me get this straight.  You originally provided an I-864 from the petitioner and an I-864a from the person you are referring to with the $70,000 income?  If that is correct, there was never a FIRST "joint sponsor".  That person was a "family member", not a "joint sponsor".  

The next affidavit of support would have been coming from the one and only "joint sponsor".  Terms have specific meanings.  Use the wrong terms and you'll get the wrong answers.

i think you talking ahqs90 not me because ahqs90 who posted this post, i will say my story again, my wife who is the petitioner she has no job before, so we had to find a joint sponsor he makes 70000 a year, when i went to my interview the consular officer requested another joint sponsor, i asked him why because my current joint sponsor makes enough he said he does not find sufficient thats why he is requesting another one,  we contacted congressman to find out why he is requesting a new joint sponsor it was the same answer that he did not find him sufficient , so i sent another joint sponsor last week

Timeline
35 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

I believe what was meant is that you cannot combine the income of two joint sponsors.  Perhaps they were requesting an entirely different sponsor, but as @pushbrk mentioned, you will get more help here if you paste in the exact excerpt/wording.

While it is true, you can't combine income of two joint sponsors, that's not what I said.  I said you cannot have more than one "joint sponsor" for the spouse of a US Citizen.  I've since clarified that to expand the assertion to apply to any immediate relative OF A US CITIZEN.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

i think you talking ahqs90 not me because ahqs90 who posted this post, i will say my story again, my wife who is the petitioner she has no job before, so we had to find a joint sponsor he makes 70000 a year, when i went to my interview the consular officer requested another joint sponsor, i asked him why because my current joint sponsor makes enough he said he does not find sufficient thats why he is requesting another one,  we contacted congressman to find out why he is requesting a new joint sponsor it was the same answer that he did not find him sufficient , so i sent another joint sponsor last week

Another, meaning a "different" joint sponsor?  If so, that makes sense.  The OP is using the term "second joint sponsor".  Second joint sponsors are not allowed for immediate relatives of US Citizens.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

Another, meaning a "different" joint sponsor?  If so, that makes sense.  The OP is using the term "second joint sponsor".  Second joint sponsors are not allowed for immediate relatives of US Citizens.

can you tell me what does it mean The OP is using the term "second joint sponsor" please do you think he can use second joint sponsor ?

Edited by abdo1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.