Jump to content

Need help ASAP!

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Okay, flying home today to visit finally after getting my EAD combo card a few weeks ago. I just realized, my Canadian passport is still in my maiden name, is there going to be any problems? Am I able to bring a copy of the marriage license as proof that I’m married if they ask why the last name doesn’t match the one on the combo card? 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Ticket should be in the same name as your passport. Calling the airline is your best next step (if ticket matches your passport, then AP and marriage certificate are ok to bring, in addition to passport).

Edited by Lemonslice

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

As stated above, Your Ticket should match your travel document ( Your passport in this case), and your marriage certificate is a legal name changing document so you will have no issues when you return to the US to reenter on your EAD/AP card.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, perfect. Thankfully I DID remember to put my maiden name on my ticket, so I won’t have any issues there. I was just worried about coming back and the name not matching the name on my EAD. Packed a certified copy of the marriage license, and we are on our way to the airport now!!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

~~Moved to Working and Traveling - as the OP is asking about her trip.~~


Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...